Any Mangler raiding guilds require melees to shrink?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Villana, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Villana New Member

I'm sick and tired of my present guild not shrinking melee for raids. IMO, it's unexcusable and I am looking for a raiding guild that practices good raiding policies. A guild that doesn't rely on half the raid being boxes would also be a plus. Any suggestions?
    Radical likes this.
  2. Trevalon Augur

I am sure every guild is seeking a shrink on their raids. Good luck!

Honestly shrink 's drive me crazy. Who cares - unless your in a tiny corridor zone like...well no like, there isnt a single zone I can think of in Velious that NEEDs shrinks.

Remember its not 1999 anymore. Things that were pointless but seemed necessary then are now just not necessary.

Only thing that matters is if mobs are dying. IF a mob is not dying cause people are not shrinking, id say the guild has larger issues.
  3. Villana New Member

Please tell me what guild you are in so I'll never join it.
  4. Riggles Journeyman

I disagree with everything you just posted. You must be a caster.. I also bet you use Discord to give raid instructions. Have that in 1999?
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Trevalon Augur

Thank god!
  6. Radical New Member

I couldn't agree more. Our raid was in PoG and trying to kill those tiny brownies, and I couldn't even get near the hit box. So I just afk if they don't need my dps..
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Bard2019 Elder

If you think shrink is only for being smaller in hallways or tight quarters, then you're likely in a guild that hasn't raided everything as there are many encounters where shrink is a requirement for a efficient fight. I don't expect zerg guilds to understand this, of course.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Spaine_Arcane New Member

You should shrink atleast 1 time, large races 2 times or just go gnome
    Skuz likes this.
  9. That0neguy Augur

If your raid is killing brownies in PoG you have more issues then shrink. Who goes in and spends more then 15mins killing trash so you can trigger Tunare.
  10. Mithra Augur

If you aren't max shrunk you have collision and can be annoying for any melee trying to change position.
    Genoane, Skuz, Punchu and 1 other person like this.
  11. uk6999 Augur

Some fights shrink makes sense but there are multiple ways to target mobs in raids none which should include clicking directly on it. Assist your raid assist using a hotkey.

Im curious to know more about Tunare. Are people pulling the murder ball of mobs off of her and kiting them around? First few PoG clears makes sense if you need gear I guess but after 1-2 clears there is really no reason.
  12. AtabishiRealThe New Member

There's basically an exploit to where you can kill tunare without killing or kiting trash. I won't go in to details because that's against forum rules, but it's something a lot of guilds do.
  13. That0neguy Augur

I prefer the term clever use of game mechanics.
  14. Scruff Elder

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  15. Guzzle Augur

Just melee's? We require everyone to shrink, except our pullers, including casters or they get a DKP penalty. Haven't had to do too many of those luckily, but it's a huge point of emphasis.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. MaxTheLion Augur

Make sure your entire raid is shrunk before raiding Convorteum. It'll speed up the trigger process for event 3.
    Dythan likes this.
  17. Ohfuggle Elder

Bloodthirst requires shrinking for indoor zones and fights with a lot of melees on one target such as Dain, ToV and ST.

Feel free to apply.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Not having a shrink wand used to be a major noob flag, and not shrinking on raids used to be heresy. For whatever reason this seems to have gone to the wayside on TLPs and most people don't want to spend time camping a shrink wand when they either don't plan to stick around on the server, or have better things to camp. Super weird but bothers me a lot - it actually is a really nice gameplay experience to be a melee and have everyone on an NPC shrunk. It is significantly different (and a bit harder) to stay in melee range when melee aren't shrunk. Maybe someone can lobby for a shaman shrink AA? :p
    Skuz and kizant like this.
  19. AtabishiRealThe New Member

I feel like the major problem people have with shrink 's isn't the fact that they don't want to shrink or think you shouldn't shrink, but it's that 99.9% of the time for whatever reason, when the guilds shrink tells you to shrink they do it in the most a-hole way they possibly can. I've never come across the .1% that doesn't, but I'm sure there has to be one nice shrink out there so that's why I say 99.9%.
  20. Bewts Augur

Just dock DKP for failing to shrink. People will correct bad habits when you take away their pixel currency.
    Skuz and Tankz like this.