Explorer Achievement Issues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qbert, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Dzarn Developer

The following changes will be in the next patch:
    - Housing Explorer (Achievement) - Visiting Evantil's Abode, Hermit's Hideaway, and Bixie Hive houses are now optional for completing this achievement.
    - Guild Locals Explorer (Achievement) - Visiting Grand, Modest, and Palatial Guild Halls are now optional for completing this achievement.
    KarmaKitty, Yinla, Eaiana and 4 others like this.
  2. yosco Augur

Thanks for making the obvious choice, given the challenges faced by Quarm and Brekt.

I'd still lobby for the LDoN zones to be shifted, as well, or some mechanism put in place so that we don't have to have an alt standing at the quest giver cycling through 100 tries to get 10 "explorer" achievements. Oh, and those 100 tries have a timer associated that precludes you from doing it at a reasonable pace.

A lot of everquest is monotonous, but the LDoN explorer achievements are among the worst.
    Drewie likes this.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Thank you very much.
    Dzarn likes this.
  4. alicard Elder

What about Miragul's Phylactery Traveler? It requires Raid Expedition: The Force of Eternity. I didn't start until after House of Thule and to activate your Chase Loot Boots you need this one. Like all the other Raids I asked for 6 people to join my group, but to just enter this Raid you need to:
    Pre-requisites for requesting this raid:
    - Completion of all Miragul's Nightmare partisan tasks (Beauty Lost; The Sword of Shadows; Prisoner of the Portal; Please Release Me; Such a Prankster)
    - Completion of "Miragul's Vendetta" (group progression mission)
    - Completion of Tier 2 raids (The Torches of Truth; The Librarian's Nightmare; Terror in the Dark; The Roots of Evil)
    - Must have looted and used a Rusty Gate Key from Tier 2 raids

Pre-requisites for participating in this raid:
    - Must have looted and used a Rusty Gate Key from Tier 2 raids.

This would be fine if the mechanics of these old raids didn't require a bunch of tanks. Feerott, The Dream: Ritual of Terror requires you to activate 4 temples at the same time and you need to keep agro on each one or the entire raid resets after 60 seconds.

I am fine with keeping the Travel's achievement, but could you remove the Key requirement to enter the zone, since no one wants to Raid all these prior Raids on old zones just to receive the achievement.
  5. Cadira Augur

Not sure what you're going on about but whatever zone that is, it is NOT required for chase boots. My guess is its "indented" on the explored cheese list for Hot and therefore, like any indented achievement, is not required to level the boots.

5 of my 6 alts don't have that zone and have level 3+ boots
  6. alicard Elder

So under House of Thule Exploration you don't have Miragul's Phylactery Travel highlighted blue? It isn't indented to be optional.
  7. Lianeb Augur

I have T6 boots, as stated above the indented ones need not be done

[IMG]
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Look at the general tab and go to the explore achivement - you will find that achivement is indented meaning it is optional and will not prevent you upgrading boots, there are a lot of those in other expansions as well, mainly raid zones and some intances.
  9. alicard Elder

Thanks Yinla and Cadira. I see what you are talking about now. Thanks for clarifying this!! Now I am almost done.
    Cadira and Yinla like this.
  10. KarmaKitty Augur

It would be some help to know which zones are required for the boots. Does optional for the achievement equate to optional for the boots ?

And having zones required for the boots locked behind progression or keys is not nice.
  11. Lianeb Augur

All of them that are not indented on the general tab of each expansion are required. The only locked one I can think of are theTDS zones and RoS VP (which you can get as a task add to the 12 man mission), so really only tds
  12. Brohg Augur

can Campfire into the HAs for each zone, if three flagged friends will help out
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  13. Cadira Augur

OMG why did you not tell me this sooner brohg ;'(
  14. KarmaKitty Augur

Yes, been puttering about in TDS. I think, I have all zones not locked behind progression done and get no love from the compass.

Completed all but one zone traveler in HOT. I believe, it is a raid instance. I received credit for the expansion, so the compass did not care about the one. I know of no way to tell that from the UI.
  15. Brohg Augur

it's been repeatedly "spoiled" - indented check marks are optional.

[IMG]
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  16. KarmaKitty Augur

Thank you Brohg.