GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Kinadorm Augur

If making changes to GMM HA can you take a look at step 2 in Darkness Howls and remove the snare "Tangling Grapple" from these orcs? It would also be great if you could remove the root immunity from the orcs so rooting is a viable form of cc here.
    Caell and Yinla like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

I wasn't asking for a nerf nor was it a request. I assumed a nerf was incoming (and I was correct) and did not want them to tie mob exp to quest updates.
    I don’t like HAs, and I bet there is a large number people who are the same as me. I don’t like the idea of having to put down the game for RL and get absolutely no reward for my effort.

Tying kill exp to quest updates is poor game design and inexcusable in modern MMOs.
  3. Bamboompow Augur

4. enclee Augur

Star Trek memes never get old.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I didn't mind them, I almost liked them - alllll the way until they made the decision to scale HA to max level of the era. Which means HA's got HARDER. Risk vs. Reward is way out of wack in HA's and some raids now. Now I hate HAs. I would rather hunt and quest in open zones. With other people. You know, like EverQuest is supposed to be.
    Dsuna likes this.
  6. SaffronYellowLotus Journeyman

Star Wars
  7. SaffronYellowLotus Journeyman

What we have here is a self fulfilling prophecy. Even DB admitted in this thread that it wasn't on their radar. Thanks so much for putting it there. Please feel free to find anything else that might kill the fun of others.
    Dsuna, Caell, Petalonyx and 2 others like this.
  8. Tappin Augur

I am not here to accuse anyone of anything, but I have made an official post on 11+ page thread without analyzing and evaluating OP claim. But whatever...
  9. Bamboompow Augur

Isn't the OP and you one and the same? Or did you let the monkeys have control over your computer that day when you got this whole mighty convoy rolling there, Rubber Duck? Or is this some other thread? Hey I make mistakes. I am just someone from the internet.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

I'm out of popcorn. Anyone have any to share?
  11. Teylana Elder

Could be worse. They could put shiny little things on the ground and send players off like a bunch of three year olds to collect them.

Oh... wait...
    Petalonyx, Nennius and Bamboompow like this.
  12. Teylana Elder

/facepalm
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

As other posters have mentioned before;

If any adjustments will be made to GMM, perhaps the devs could retune the Smoke trials and final few TBL missions at the same time as a "give-and-take."
  14. Tappin Augur

No, there another thread were a certain someone made a post that GMM HAs were aligned with TBL, then claimed he didn’t have time to read it all in this thread.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

When was a nerf coming? I don't recall them stating a nerf was coming (not that they announce them). I just recall someone-who-shall-not-be-named stating that he missed the first thread on this back in March, and that it was an oversight, and that until it was brought up this second time, it would have remained an oversight. If there was a nerf coming, it would have probably been after the next xpac came out when they would have looked at the new zones and wondered why GMM HA was being camped 24/7 for the first few weeks (not that it isn't now). As of now:
    [IMG]
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Ngreth said so, in this very thread.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Only after Absor mentioned the oversight on page 5. Ngreth didn't state anything until page 8 that changes were coming. Absor then confirmed this on page 9. If page 1 hadn't existed, pages 5, 8, and 9 wouldn't have either.

Now, I haven't run a Belira GMM mission in some time. The only reason I ran it before was to get the aug for me and some other guildmates. We didn't flip the mission for XP, but ran it all the way through and opened the chest each time. For XP, we usually did it in the static zone, which still gives good xp.

The only thing I am stating here is that the devs missed the message the first time around, and it wasn't until it was mentioned again that they finally took notice. The thing that upsets me is that they had to take time away from fixing other things, or working on the new content, to resolve an issue because some people view it as an imbalance. The fix could have waited.
    Dsuna, Caell, Petalonyx and 2 others like this.
  18. yosco Augur

Thanks, OP, for ruining a gift to players on Live servers ...

It will continue to befuddle me why whiny players insist on complaining when things are "too easy" ... most of us still playing this game have real jobs and real families and real lives... the everquest of ol' will never exist again. If you INSIST on having that heinous experience, you have like 8 new servers that take up 90% of the dev's attention to choose from. Leave the damn Live servers alone.
    Caell and Mintalie like this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This thread was just a gift to the Devs. It gave them an excuse to start the nerfs early. If the OP had never posted at least things would likely have not been nerfed until much closer to the new expansion. But lets face it a nerf was coming regardless.

I say nerf post 110 exp but leave difficulty as is as another way for returning players to catch up to end game. Yes have have autogrant but an easy path for some gearing up couldn't hurt.
    Sissruukk and Petalonyx like this.
  20. Laronk Augur

I don't mind the zone being the way it is, but it does have a problem. I was hunting in Empyr and for some reason per kill the exp is lower in Empyr than in GMM.

The xp modifier in TBL isnt high enough.
    Dsuna and Caell like this.