Fall Bonuses too soon?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Catashe, Sep 9, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

It does appear that fall started a little sooner on Norrath this year.
    Travestii and Thesehips like this.
  2. Catashe Augur

Poor Dreamweaver, they couldn't even bother to tell their community manager about the change til the last moment ;)
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hmmm if this is early does that mean the bonuses which follow will be early too and also the expansion ?
    Estimated schedule based on last year
    9th Sept - 23rd Sept - Phase 1 - Bonus named
    24th Sept - 7th Oct - Phase 2 - Shorter replay timers
    8th Oct - 21st Oct - Phase 3 - Bonus exp
    22nd October - ????? - Expansion launch ?????

Or are we getting extra different bonuses? Or pre-launch event which we haven't had for a few expansions.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Considering beta doesn't start until October, and they have flat out stated release will be in December...no.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. dreamweaver Community Manager

I assume that with all the spells cast on Norrath on a regular basis the seasons may be a little out of whack.
    Dythan and Jhenna_BB like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Halloween release confirmed.
  7. Bamboompow Augur

Calendar according to businesses:

January: Christmas...then Winter
    February: St Valentines Day, Chinese New Year, Super Bowl
    March: Saint Pats, March Madness
    April: Spring (Easter has not really been commercialized)
    May: Mothers Day, Memorial Day
    June: Fathers Day
    July: Christmas in July (Prime Day, 4th etc)
    August: Summer...and Fall
    September: Back to School, Labor Day, Halloween, Pumpkin Spice Everything
    October: Pumpkin Spice Everything Continues, Egg Nog goes on sale, Christmas
    November: Christmas, Turkey Genocide, PSL usurped by Egg Nog
    December: Christmas!!!!! OMG $%$#$%^%$#CHRISTMAS in your FACE
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

New Halloween events!
  9. yosco Augur

prove it or it didn't happen
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me and I have gone back to 2001 in EK and just looted a Hollowed Pixie's Rib :)
  11. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I laughed.
    Also, Easter has been commercialized, about to the extent halloween has, minus ~most~ of the costumes, but not to the extent christmas has.
  12. shiftie Augur

Fall had to come early. How else are they going to usher in the long winter and ice themed expansion.
  13. Laronk Augur

I think they've tried to commercialize it but (as a Canadian) I feel most people just don't buy into it. It's a long weekend where we have a family dinner. Hunt candy in the morning with the kids and paint some eggs. Of course religious people also do their thing.

Maybe I'm just in the dark and everyone else does a bunch of stuff (we've been trying to mostly stick to home made gifts for Christmas and otherwise keeping to low cost gifts) Is Easter really different in the states vs in Canada?
  14. Coagagin Guild house cat

Naw, looks and sounds like a project manager or product manager type is trying to spread or balance so many fall based events as to allow (true) development or what people associate as "dev" vs ops or operations a little breathing room this year. Rather than lumping everything closely together at the possible expense of ignoring bugs for operational details that pop up during events.

Oh this needs to be fixed first before that goes live, etc. From a management standpoint, probably doing us a favor or at least I hope so.

Either way its fine. Don't poke the bear, its sleeping and fine where it is.

- Coag
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

I think its early so the bonus are out of the way of beta testing. Get more peeps into beta vs doing bonus in the live game - but I could be wrong.
    yosco likes this.
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

No one likes my "magic has messed with the seasons" answer, and here I thought it was themed so well.
    Laronk and Teylana like this.
  17. yosco Augur

Out of all the explanations... I think you cracked the code.
  18. Verily Tjark Augur

I blame this climate change on all the methane gas coming out of Grobb and Oggok. It's time we start charging them a flatulence tax!
    dreamweaver likes this.
  19. Laronk Augur

Gnomes are going through the industrial revolution, I blame them. Too lazy to put in a days work, has to have machines do it for them.
  20. Zolav Augur

My guess is that it's now because Beta is right around the corner.

Get this over with then on to Beta!