What if we could /trader anywhere game feature request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Laronk Augur

Hi guys,

My biggest problem with the bazaar is I can't play while selling stuff in the bazaar.

What if you could carry trader satchels and sell in any zone you still have to sacrifice bag space. Then people could either go on a quest to try to find you or pay the parcel fee. Tons of characters are full of both low level and high level loot but don't want to go take the time to setup their trader after a long day of playing EQ.
  2. Cleaver Augur

What if the bazaar was an auction house that required all access to sell but still allowed us to play ? Never mind that's just every single MMO that is out today except EQ.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can play while selling in baz. Just subscribe another account. Just like many of us. A paying account for baz stuff and paying accounts for other stuff

If you can play and sell in baz at same time on one account then that would cut prob 50% of the PAYING accounts.

If we continue to take away all the perks an account gets for being paid then there will be no mo money to support the game.

This, then becomes a moot point.
    code-zero and Lilybeme like this.
  4. Madeni Elder

Playing/hunting/farming etc. is where I collect the items to sell, the Bazaar is where I take them to sell. Multi-tasking isn't as efficient as some think it is, I like going through my bags at the end of the night to see what I can use,give away or sell.

Who wants to carry heavy bags of merchandise around? when it is simpler to leave 4 trader bags in shared bank to be filled as we bounce back and forth for supplies, to grab Franklin Teek tasks, do Trade skills or use portals? Besides the fact that Having players come find me in the field to buy things does not sound fun at all.

I would like EQ to implement pricing merchandise as I put it in shared bank, then all I would need to do at the end of the night is switch those bags to my Mule and /trader it, before I camp or go offline..

Just my 2 coppers
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Duder like this.
  5. Laronk Augur

I would prefer this, but I think it's unlikely
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  6. Laronk Augur

I pay for my account that would be selling while adventuring.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

no what I mean is by allowing one account to go adventuring while at the same time another character or your main character on the same account (still just one account ) is selling stuff in the baz or out of his bags in some zone would wind up losing DBG 50% of their income since players would only need one account.

I for one would not go chasing someone around some zone for something I wanted to buy
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'd love to have an auction house like other games have where you can be online and sell goods. I think we all have to be honest this isn't likely too happen for 2 reasons: It's not as simple as we all imagine it to be to implement and we have to be honest - it's extra revenue to have players pay for a secondary account to trade while playing (be it with a CC or Krono).
  9. Laronk Augur

You can't really believe that 50% of accounts are bazaar bots?
    Vumad, Andarriel and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Probably not 50% of accounts. But I agree changing would cost DBG some income.
  11. Lianeb Augur

I would be willing to bet 80% or more of bazaar buyers or sellers are a secondary account primarily used for just that
    Bardy McFly, Skuz and CatsPaws like this.
  12. Laronk Augur

So you guys really think we shouldn't make positive game play changes because some people pay extra money to play?

It's like " I have an extra 10 dollars a month to spend on the game so its easier for me to sell items than this other pleb who doesn't have an extra 10 dollars to spend"
  13. Laronk Augur

If that's the case, it actually highlights a problem with the system if people feel that they need to spend additional money on the game just so they're able to sell stuff to other players.

People talk about the high cost of low level items and that they're unavailable but this is caused by it being harder to sell items. On my server the few times I actually load up a trader I price low level items very reasonably (at an amount that person could actually earn) and the items usually sell really fast. But in the time it takes me to go setup my trader it's not really worth selling those items, I could farm and then advertise one TBL item at 1/4 market and make more plat. But sometimes I end up with low level items from running around and I really would just list them all at 10 - 1000 plat in my bags but if my banker aa isn't up I often end up destroying those items.

I don't need the plat really, I just want the items to go to good homes and I don't want to spend the time setting up in the bazaar after a day of playing. If I pay money for another account, that other account could just make more plat by farming rare augs then by selling "junk"

But Laronk! It would take time to setup anyways if you could /trader anywhere.

Yeah it would, but that's time where I'm waiting on re spawns.

Oh and in other notes, the /trader interface is terrible, for its time it was fine but it could use an overhaul. it would be much better if it looked more like the find window and list everything by name with the icon beside it and its current price and if you could just click and edit there.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually all I think is that it would cost DBG some income. I never said that was a reason for making a change or not.

But if you want reasons I can do that. Costing DBG any income is a bad idea. That is what keeps the game going for all of us to play.

So if you want to make it income neutral first sell the feature for a fee in the markeplace... enough to cover development costs for the feature say maybe 40 bucks. Then any account that buys the feature pays double the subscription cost to use it.

You get your feature and DBG doesn't lose out on any income.
    Wyre Wintermute and Skuz like this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That additional money isn't a problem to DBG its called income. This isn't a new game with tons of new players joining. Adding features in that cost income in a new game can make sense because it will draw even more players in.

Right now the current situation is hard baked into the expectations of players. You won't suddenly get a massive influx of EQ players because of the feature.

"But Corwyhn I think you would get a massive influx of players" Well Laronk I guess it depends on what Daybreak thinks.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Laronk Augur

I don't think we would get more players from pretty much any feature. I'm just talking about improving what's already in game. I'd much rather an auction house but I feel this might be easier to do.
  17. Balthozzar Elder

• Access to 1000's of Alternate Advancement Abilities
    • Additional 6 character slots ($60 Value)
    • Full Access to all spell ranks
    • Maximum amount of Loyalty Rewards
    • Full access to Mercenary Tiers
    • Full access to in-game broker
    • All housing and guilds halls allowed
    • Access to Progression Servers
    • Unlimited Chat channel access
    • Full Guild Functionality
    • Preferred Status with Customer Service
    This is what paying $10-15 a month (depending on your recurring choice) gets you. Note that the ability to set up buyers or traders is just one of 11 benefits. For people that are really paying for a whole extra all access account just to have a trader up while they adventure, then they are wasting most of their money. I 3-box, so I have three paid accounts and use all of the features of All Access on all three (except for progression server access - Tried it, didn't like it).
    For most people, having their traders down while they play is like having a store that closes right when the most people would be shopping. That's the way the mechanic works, but I can't imagine that the developers expected people to pay for a whole additional account just to have their trader up all the time, when no other game that I've played or ever heard of does it that way. When they first designed and built the bazaar for Shadows of Luclin, they made a decision to have your actual character become the vendor selling your stuff, and with the limitation of having only one character per account in the game, that means only selling when you aren't adventuring. I don't know what led to that choice, but that's what we ended up with. But that doesn't mean that it should be that way.
    It never occurred to me, from when Luclin first came out to much more recently, to actually set up another account with the sole purpose of selling while I was playing my adventuring toons. That just seems like a ridiculous waste of money to me. If some people have that much extra cash, or the ability to buy enough krono from players that do from their gameplay, then that's their choice. I am completely unsympathetic to the idea that DBG would 'lose' revenue if they negated the need for those people to do that. That is because DBG also has to consider whether people might be frustrated enough with the way the broker system works to stop paying and find something else to do with their time.
    I, for one, wouldn't quit over this one issue, but the little frustrations add up. That's why the developers of this game have made so many improvements over 20 years that weren't tied to expansions where people had to pay to get the improvement. They have been smart enough to know that you keep subscribers by making sure that they enjoy the game, and they allocate resources appropriately.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thats the problem. I agree no added feature will get us more players. But we have to think twice if an added feature will cause a significant drop in DBG revenue.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Skuz and CatsPaws like this.
  19. ptah Augur

This is how I use it.

Background- 3 paid accounts; started with 1.. added another for pulling/helper; added third for live in girl friend to play and share time (she quit and is not longer the girl friend) So i now run 3 accounts.

Im also in fellowship and why we have not just guilded up i have no idea.. but we use fellowship similar to a guild. Im the seller for the fellowhship.. so i often use acc1 as the seller for the fellowship, acc2 as the buyer for the fellowship, Yes min/max market reselling etc, and acc3 is my non box option to support the fellowship in adventures.

Adding in a feature for npc system of auction buy or sell would not change much for me.. but i can see how it would for others. Similar systems have been around before EQ was even thought about.. OU hire mercs selling in passive manner for example.. 97 98.

Now the fellowship is mix of farmers, raiders, non raiders nearly 100% supported by kronos. Unit share for what put in earns credit for output. Our only issue is like like action and often turn action for less profit and those that do not sell.. always think anything sub max profit is lost sale.

End result I think, Yes its about time EQ did something like this.. and maybe this example below would be different way of thinking about it.

5th merc... baz trader/// Maybe this doesn't work would need a special toon labeling for off line use and being able to load another.
    User can pick seller or buyer
    Upkeep plat charge.. either raw pp or % based on sales or buys
    Use the parcel system if needed for movement of items/plat etc

I was thinking merc option. so that travels with either toon or account.. Thus loading in and parking it would be an issue. OU was much open world and park the merc outside our housing and people would visit and buy. but this is not OU.

Anyways.. the option would be nice.. but would change my playstyle. I maybe 3 box for xp or adventure 10 hours a week.. but much much more time is setup for 1 box buyer 1 box selling third box playing with others. Yes I have the option to flip flop any of the 3 to do any of 3 jobs. its takes sometime and effort so 99% its default roles with accounts.

Good luck and adventure well.
  20. Greymantle Augur

You guy's do realize you can sell to the market from anywhere? Just type /barter , if anyone is looking for what you want to sell , it will be there.