EQ1's EQ2 Anniversary Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LDEffectsMe, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Ghostrider07 New Member

I would love to see a server where there is no krono's. This would keep most of the box farmers off the server and allow only true players to enjoy it.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. That0neguy Augur

Yeah just like back in the good ole days before krono there were no box farmers or RMT....

Stop blaming Krono for the reason you hate the game now.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. northstar Augur

Krono or not, I am kind of excited for this server, chance to sink into content I mostly skipped due to lack of knowledge from when I decided to leave EQ and explore other games... not really concerned with making a ton of level 85's sort of just want one to focus on. but the challenge of course will be what class?? I am really considering playing a ranger this run through. hopefully I stick with it!
  4. Davo The Bard

Mmm ... another TLP-ish server ..

Somewhat surprised that none seem to have thought of the possibility of DBG allowing transfers onto this "yet-to-be-named" server.

It's a TLP (check) ... it's in well in advance of all TLP's except Fippy & Phini (check) ... many of the other TLP's are a "bit quiet" (check) ... people with toons locked in dead TLP's could transfer ($$) with a quick method of catching up via the heroic button (check) ... and the incoming transferees in no way will be overpowered/have gear out of era etc (check). Give DBG the option to close down some of the tumbleweed servers and centralize resources (check).

Maybe? ... maybe not?

Davo
    The Bard
  5. SunDrake Augur

I like it, but my gut and experience say that won't happen. They also couldn't really close any servers, because not enough would utilize that option to justify the closure of any TLP. I don't really believe the upkeep cost of servers are enough of an issue to push them to merge / close any servers - they don't presently have the ability to do that with acceptable levels of success, and I am guessing figuring that out is financially less attractive than keeping them running. They seem to have no qualms about opening new ones, though. So it can't be too awful for their bottom line to maintain operating costs.
  6. SunDrake Augur

With that said, it would be throwing a bone to all the people who have been asking to leave their TLP for another. I would utilize this for multiple characters [yes, even knowing how easy it would be to level boxes with an auto-granted 85. Trade skills, character achievements, etc. Those are less attractive to replicate than a 1-85 PL grind.
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

To be honest they could save everyone's time by turning on heroic characters on Phinny, and allowing server transfers to Phinny from any TLP that's not as far on in the expac timeline.
    Starr likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

"Ignorance is bliss." - Thomas Gray
  9. Rayvorn Elder

I believe Krono has it's place. It's what allowed us to even have EQ after all these years, but the greed for Krono has turned into allowing a blind eye to clear breaking of many rules that Daybreak is suppose to enforce. With that said, while I'd love them to enforce their rules, if I have a good guild and we beat content without using huge box armies to do it, then I don't really care because doesnt effect me. I actually enjoy boxing but only for the purpose of completing flags and progressing my character, not farming for real life money like many of the mass Botters out there. Just can't wait for this server to be honest, rather the topic moved back to the server vice krono.
  10. code-zero Augur

There's going to be some Krono trading on this server but you aren't going to have the dumpster fires that characterize starting in Classic. Selo was pretty laid back from the start despite all the "race server" accusations and a couple of guilds butting heads over some raid targets in Luclin