Blatant botting is completely out of hand

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JeffHanson, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Raccoo Augur

A few weeks ago there was a bunch of people from different guilds coordinating in General chat, raiding the PoP hunters (and a few EOK/ROS too I think). They did this raid for a few days.
  2. Laronk Augur

Oh I have taken advantage of such raids, my complaint is specially the POP hunters since some of them are so rare and these "raids" are right time right place kinda deals. It's just like some of the visiting zones acheivements shouldn't be required like the housing ones.
  3. Raccoo Augur

Aye, the rares I've had worst luck with were in Doomfire and PoWater.
    Leerah likes this.
  4. Cailen Augur

well have fun killing 5000 grey cons of each type while at your keyboard, just like I'm sure everyone else has, because unattended gameplay was my only violation
    Cadira likes this.
  5. 4letternames New Member

Glad you are enjoying the game. Keep up the good work.
  6. Laronk Augur

Other than it being really rude, there's no rule against killing a mob that someone else wants. I don't know the specifics here but how long do you actually leave someone else's named up. 1,5,10 minutes? 20 minutes. At some point it's not their named anymore
  7. birdsong_pawn Augur

I think the point is that it's really rude. Of course, there's no human player involved in each case-by-case decision -- some bot crews are programmed to warp to and kill any easy named mobs that pop in the zone. (In RoS zones, I assume they are farming spells to sell.)
  8. AcemoneyFV Augur

Shall we just ban everyone and no longer have a game? Would that be better?
  9. Bamboompow Augur

If you didn't spawn it, than its not "yours" by default. The people that spawned it get first crack. Yes, if enough times passes and it still pops up on track, then maybe ask or see if the camp is empty. Then by all means have at it. Emphasis on ASK. Communicate.

Look, the world is full of enough callous behavior. I am generalizing here and not singling out Laronk either. The age we live in seems to deem it as acceptable and even encourage it. We come to this game to escape all that crap. Yes, many just view EQ as an extension of their anti-social behavior in the real world and view their BS that is their normal selves as being OK here. Thing is, we all can do better. Don't degrade someone for suggesting we could perhaps maybe act a little better in the fantasy world.
    Duder and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Not long ago that would be true. Now Daybreak is teaching via TLP that whoever with the most DPS wins.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. svann Augur

True that. But if they dont answer tells and arent fighting anything then they arent even there and dont own it anymore.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I box because i need frequent afks and its not fair to ask group members to either wait or carry me while I afk for 5 minutes every 8-10 minutes...."haha". :rolleyes:
    Leerah, Allayna, Whulfgar and 3 others like this.
  13. Bottle Journeyman

You have a clue about the Ancients? I talk about killing countless mobs to get the Ancient spawn! And we were heading after that guy and he is jumping around in FM - not for 10min, not for 5min. I am used on AB for help and if some of the specials spawn I would never kill them. I would ask because I know that is not a normal "named" if somebody does the work to spawn him. Besides everybody in the zone gets a zonewide emote for that and an Achievement. Even it is not "rule" anymore, on AB it was and is always a "policy" of respect. I tend to hold that up.

One crew helped in FM, the other crew was the AB-botter and KS'd as usual.

At least somebody told me that he reported one of your many toons and that one of your tanks got banned.Got your account suspended to? I am happy that there are Paladins who are fighting the evil... :p
  14. Raccoo Augur

Didn't they change some quests so if you spawn a mob the loot locks to you though?
  15. Spellfire Augur

TLP garbage needs to stay on TLP servers.
    Allayna, Nennius, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That is why a lot of us don't want to play on TLP. I think in general Live servers are just more considerate and less stressful to play on. Mostly. :)
    Allayna and Nennius like this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

So the key peice of this thread being started is that common player respect is simply and truthful disappearing..

This entire game depends 100% on players respecting other players and their camps. With out which.. it's not just botting that's the issue at hand from what I've understood of the op.
  18. code-zero Augur

I'm pretty sure that DPS race is yet another thing that TLP has brought to the game at large.
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Yes. Scorched earth tactic. Let none be left standing.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  20. jiri_ Augur

Brought back, maybe. The fighting in 1999 and 2000 over this stuff was vicious. There have been some changes that exacerbate it - it's easier to run boxes, there's more automation available and changes have generally led to stronger players relative to the content.
    Leerah likes this.