GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Nerf exp for level 111 plus (or 110 plus if you are worried about non raiders getting one fast level) and leave the rest of GMM alone. Returning players get an easy leveling and gearing up option. That is good for the game not bad.

It just seems senseless to the difficulty at this point when GMM is about to become the place people molo or solo as it becomes old content.

An exp nerf makes sense. The rest is crazy talk :)
    birdsong_pawn likes this.
  2. Kamor Lorekeeper

Level alone doesn't determine where someone should or should not look for gear or experience. The combination of level, gear (including augs), AA, skill and group makeup does. My point is that if you are out of your depth in content and not in appropriate gear, with appropriate levels and reasonable AA's then you should go somewhere that is appropriate. You can take that as an elitist comment all you like, you can bang your head against the wall doing content that wrecks you; it has no impact on how I spend my time in game. Back to the original topic though, Risk vs. Reward in GMM is out of line with TBL. Everyone noticed that on day 1. I'm glad that they are making it more difficult, it should have been done on day 1, but it wasn't and now it's being corrected. In my opinion, it should not be a crazy swing that makes it impossible for people who benefit from the AA and gear; but that is the devs call.
    Maedhros likes this.
  3. Laronk Augur

Nah, TBL entry zones are for sure level 110 zones. The zone where a 106 is entry is the overthere. TBL is the 2nd expansion of the 110 levels. Just because tier 1 gear is useable at 105 does not mean that it's an appropriate place for a 106 to be.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Overthere is not level 106 friendly, nor is Skyfire the T1 zones in ROS missed the level difficulty by a mile, due to the abilities they gave the trash. We tried it and had our puller dead or nearly dead on most pulls due to very large dots.

We are long overdue a level 105 hot zone, the level 105 HA tasks from Clayton Teek give pittiful exp the Level 100 ones even less and they do very little to help those leveling up with the huge AA mountain.

GMM filled the gap nicely, I'm dreading a retune if it is anything like the HAs they did before which took at least 2 passes to get it somewhere near right and even now some of them are still extremely difficult. Things like Dead Hills HA from Captain whatever his name was and the TBM missions.

Once EOK AA start being auto granted the AA burnen becomes signifficantly less as ROS had a lot less AA from what I remember and the AA count in TBL was minimal, EOK was extremly AA heavy.

I would much prefer GMM left as is but the exp slashed for those level 111 and higher.

Whatever they do with it I just hope they don't make it impossible for those leveling up and in need of AA.
    Bottle and Jhenna_BB like this.
  5. SaffronYellowLotus Journeyman

When I first went to GMM I was a 110 SK in full conflag and I decided to go try the Howlers in the non instanced area. Two jumped me and wiped my group, also 110 conflag gear. I almost gave up on TBL but heard the HA was easier and gave it a go. It took a while to split and figure things out but I made it through and it was great. I no longer felt like I wasted money on the xpac. Well 10k plus aa and some TBL gear later I can handle a whole stage with a decent healer. I can also handle the same Howlers that destroyed me just fine. I see that as a good thing. The problem is that without the gear I was able to get doing the GMM HA I don't think I would have had a chance with TBL. Some of us want to contribute to a group and not get dragged through like some alt that was made yesterday. If you make the mobs the same difficulty as the static zone without fixing the 2nd and 3rd stage parts many conflag geared toons won't have a chance. I think people as far into TBL as I am will be fine but how are other people supposed to get there!? Intended or not this is the one and only way group geared folks can get enough gear to have any chance at TBL without begging for help and getting dragged through like an alt or worse, a merc. I will be OK either way but I know a lot of people in my guild will he crushed. The few of us in my guild far along enough in TBL to handle the changes don't have the time to drag the rest of the guild through this. I take people through stuff regularly but if folks can't even do what I consider part 1 of TBL they are going to stick to EOK until they get bored and maybe quit. Some of the greatest inventions were mistakes so why not let this one stay?
  6. Jimmy2times Elder

Cool man, more nerfs, like always nerf it all. Glad I am inactive and waiting for Pantheon at this point.
  7. Bamboompow Augur

This can apply to anything that goes on in this game...or anygame:

• Step 1: Does a mechanic effect you directly? If yes, go to step 2. If not, go to step A.
    • Step 2: Does the mechanic inhibit your ability to play the game? If Yes go to step 3. If not go to step A.
    • Step 3: Do you have any empirical data to back up your claim? If Yes go to step 4, If not go to step B.
    • Step 4: Can your data be validated by your peers independently of your influence? If Yes go to step 5. If not go to step B.
    • Step 5: Have you tried to petition already? If Yes, go to step 6. If not go back to step 3.
    • Step 6: If your petition was unheeded, did you try to contact the Devs privately? If Yes go to Step 7. If not go to step C.
    • Step 7: Do you feel the nuclear option of a public post is worth the damage to the community at large is warranted? If Yes go to Step 8. If you are just looking out for your own best interests and don't care about what damage it does, go to step D.
    • Step 8: Open the Pandora's box and see what happens. (Nerfs)
    • Step A: Reevaluate the impact of this mechanic on your game play and return to step 1, or go directly to Step D.
    • Step B: Can you gather verifiable proof/evidence and dispense with the hyperbole, conjecture and instead think objectively? If yes, return to step 3 or proceed to step D.
    • Step C: Have you considered its not within the Devs scope to act on your request? If yes, go directly to step D. If not return to step 3.
    • Step D: You probably should just get over it, enjoy the game, and let others do the same.
    Edit. Looks like the nerf bat is about to swing. Surprise! Thanks Buddy! Fun police, pull over! Can't you people not post this publicly? Hopefully if you do, you don't use your in game name. It mainly means you get the brand, like the belt nerfer.
    Dsuna, Caell and Raccoo like this.
  8. birdsong_pawn Augur

I want to like this 100 times.

The TBL expansion was a roadblock that never should have happened. This GMM mission was a much-needed experience and gear reset that gave casual player a fighting chance. Leave it alone.

Devs don't need to give up on "The Vision", but this is neither the time nor the place.
    Caell likes this.
  9. Cadira Augur

10. Bamboompow Augur

Well, it can get nerfed one of three ways:

MoB level and/or difficulty gets raised to match the ZEM that is perceived to be considered "fair" by those making a stink. IE: Dramatically reduce the speed it takes to do anything there, unless you are guud. Whether or not that infringes on the "Spirit" of what that zone was offering is subject to debate.

Exp gets nerfed to heck. The principle becomes you come to GMM for loot but not to exp.Think Plane of War.

Or a third makes the instances scale to your level with across the board increase in difficulty with decent exp in conjunction with an exp nerf to the static zone. No loot tables changed.

By the time everyone is level 115, no one is going to be in GMM for exp. There will be better places, even for casuals. TBL was generally challenging and exclusive. This next one has to have more broad base appeal. GMM should by all rights just fade off into obsolescence. Even the plebs will be in the new stuff. Oh noz...no exclusivity this time. You will get Kindergarten Cop this up coming release, not the Terminator. By March GMM will be a virtual ghost town. Maybe sooner depending on how harsh the nerf.

To also address your question Tappin: You are not doing ANYTHING new. This has happened so many times in the past 20 years, usually right about NOW. End of summer-ish. Right on time. Usually the same pattern. Something goes live. Stays lives for months and months unaltered and unaddressed. THEN, once those who take umbrage with such and such are bored and have ridden it as far as they safely feel they can...they call for the nerf. Nothing new to see here, boss. You are the same as the old boss.
  11. AcemoneyFV Augur

I hope they don't nerf it, keep you mad. :eek:
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

FWIW, I don't hunt in GMM any more, and haven't in months. It is popular because it's achievable.

If you nerf the exp, items, or increase mob difficulty, the ONLY people you're hurting are the casuals. I hope you realize this.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

They realize it and they don't care. Especially if they are counting on more "positive reinforcement" beyond just a level increase to get that cash plunked down and herd players out of freebie GMM into purchased TBL/New zones.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They'll get the cash anyway. People will use easier zones to level first, then hit the new zones for gear. Can't level without the expansion. So...positive reinforcement aside, this is about their definition of game balance - which is a fluid and obscure definition at best. I realize they're human and prone to human limitations, but I grow tired of the knee-jerk responses. Just close GMM and get it over with as far as I'm concerned.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

16. enclee Augur

People actually quit, maybe not over GMM but there's been numerous cycles of nerfs and drop in player base.
    Fian likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depending on how hard they make it. Depends on if I decide to get to level 115. If I can't handle TBL yet, why would I want to get the next expansion?

I'm tempted to going back to level 85 when raids were fun, but we will see. Not sure if I want to deal with all the botting that is being reported on the TLP servers.
  18. Allayna Augur

Here's the problem with changing GMM.

There are only 2 classes that can take advantage of this mission to it's full potential. Paladin and SK, because they can solo it. Not molo, not box a team, solo. A warrior can molo it.

EVERY other class in game has to pull a few at a time and work their way through the mission either molo or in a group without a real tank ...ie pet tank non-tank tank.

Only paladins and SKs are getting through this mission in a fast enough pace to make it worth doing on repeat for xp.

So because of this, we're going to disadvantage the entire EQ population from an easy gear/xp source.

The reason this is easy for knights (easier for an SK due to 100% up-time on mortal coil) is the mobs all beat themselves to death on ripostes.
    I should note that the slow they chain cast is almost an instant death for the tank if they aren't paying attention.

Leave the xp alone.
    Increase mob hp.
    Increase mob dmg output.

Those changes would make the benefit less appealing for solo, but still enable casuals to split pull and clear their way through a mission that doesn't mez them, charm them, dot them to death...
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The problem with increasing mob damage output is those that can only handle 2, 3 at a push will no longer be able to do so. Which will make the climbers even more difficult as with the increased higher HP they will be able to kill less before they reach their platform.

Might be better to make the mobs imune to those abilities which are allowing those classes to solo/molo this mission faster than intended.
    Caell likes this.
  20. Natal Augur

Warriors can do the HA with a merc healer. Climbers don't have to be done all at once, you can run up to the path and peel them off before they reach the platform if the numbers are a problem. On the platform itself, if you have killed a few on the paths then you can generally get a smaller split by being patient and waiting for them to wander apart.

With my warrior/shaman/rogue crew I can deal with an entire wave at once. The entire task can be done in the time it takes for vet AA to tick down, which is about 30 minutes.