Phinny XP Broken?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Since the bonus xp ended, I'm getting .06% per kill on an even-con mob at level 93. Reminds me of 59 when it was a hell level. Group is 5 characters plus one merc. It's possible, I suppose, but I don't remember it being this slow before the bonus weekend. Is it possible Phinny reverted to its original xp rate rather than what should be the Live rate?
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm surprised no one has weighed in on this. I can kill about 60 mobs per hour. That means I can get 3.6% xp per hour at 93. At that rate it will take 28 hours per level. That can't be right.
  3. Morgen Elder

That does seem kind of low, I remember getting around 0.2% per kill before.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I mean, zone? Classes?, %split to AA?. Gotta give us more to go on. I blew a lesson this morning with my 3 box in Temple, wiped midway on a named and had to Rez and campfire back, still got 15 AA. Seemed okay to me.
  5. Aegir Augur

Do you have Fellowship xp sharing on?
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Sarith. 0% to AA on the 93s that I was monitoring. Group is 95 SK, 95 bard, 93 chanter, 93 cleric, 93 wizard, 95 rogue merc. AA xp and regular will be different.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Nope. No changes between before the Labor Day weekend and now.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I did look at one point when I was leveling the SK and it was something like .25% per kill.
  9. Garmr Augur

XP seems the same to me. I think your problem is Sarith. The XP there isnt great to begin with and theres mobs involved in different questlines "Sergeant" so and so etc. that respawn quickly due to being for quests and give that absolute crap .06 xp per kill. If you must hunt Sarith avoid them.

My suggestion would be to hit Beasts Domain, run the partisan questline (need to anyway for progression) to open up the group mission https://voa.eqresource.com/pupsofwar.php. This is an easy to do group mission, so you get the quest xp AND the zone is nearly full pop, minus the annoying af prowlers and names. So you get Beasts Domain to yourself for 6 hours (dont finish quest before you xp or mission ends after a while) to grind away in. Great place/mission to farm lesson xp, gear and cantrips once a day. Enjoy.
  10. VandilIzer Augur

Look at Garmr being all Mr helpful!

But yeah Sarith is not great, tried there when VoA released, it is probably one of the worst xp per mob zones.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

OK, I'll try a move. I am about ready to move up to T3 anyway. It's possible the .06% was on Seargant Whathisname, Tidal Something, etc. (aka the quest kill mobs).
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

checked. It is correct at a server *1.0 modifier. (I.E. normal exp)
  13. Morgen Elder

Thanks Ngreth.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Any chance devs would consider increasing the EXP rate beyond the base value for TLP servers in the later expansions?

Starting around SoF is when we got to an era where expansions were being released every 12 months meaning most of these TLP servers spend only 25% of the original time with them as current content. Also around this time most classes are receiving about 1000~ new AAs per expansion.

Around VoA that jumps to about 2000~ new AAs, it stays around 2000-3000~ until EoK when it jumps to around 6000~ (or about 11000 if you include tradeskills) where it stays until current.

It would be nice to see a 1.5 or 2.0 modifier on most TLPs starting around SoF/SoD era. It’s not extremely important until we hit EoK where it’s just not feasible to be getting many critical AAs while in era due to how much time we spend in each expansion compared to how much time people got in those expansions when current.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Thanks, Ngreth. I guess it's just my mind playing games with me.
  16. Kujoe Lorekeeper

Any suggestions for the best zones to level 85-95 on Phinn?
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

XPin Seeds of Destruction was pretty dang lousy, seems to be the situation in VoA too, I found it a lot faster to xp in MC/SS or even Fear itself than any VoA zones I have been in (Sepulcher excepted as I have not been there yet).

If the experience modifer is correct it means the xp rate (xp required for a level versus xp available per kill) is just bad per this expansion, GMM is likely getting a heavy nerf so I genuinely feel that with only getting 25% of the amount of time to level & AA in expansions on Phinigel something needs to be done about the xp rate on this server, anyone not spending a vast amount of their time per day grinding away in EQ is going to fall behind on this server & that doesn't seem conducive to people sticking around until this server catches up with live, we have already seen a large drop in the player population & every expansion has seen guilds vanish on this server with only a handful remaining.

Players just don't have as much time to spend allday in front of the PC these days,most of us are old farts or have families & much larger commitments outside of EQ, even with this being a more hardcore MMO than most it isn't helping the game to reserve itself for only those who can game 12 hours a day or so.
  18. Dahaman Augur

The last XP rate boost was in TSS for live servers. That's an awful long time ago. The above argument lays out improving TLP XP rates, but perhaps this really could be applied to live servers at one (or more) of the above points. That would then apply it to TLPs based on expansion release and solve the stated TLP problem.

Would there be any harm to continuing the slow application of XP rate boosts over those points for live servers?

Example:
    1.00x - TSS Multiplier
    1.25x - SOD Multiplier
    1.50x - VOA Multiplier
    1.75x - EOK Multiplier
    2.00x - The newest level 115 expansion Multiplier

The only harm I can think of is the potential to level TOO FAST at low levels only. This would be limited to levels 1 thru 50 only, as at level 51+ people could opt to not auto grant AAs if they wanted a slower leveling experience. That seems a minuscule harm.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Xp is fine. Next topic