2/3 carpet mounts don't have levitation?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raccoo, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Raccoo Augur

I just upgraded an account and got the Stratos carpet mount. I notice that it gives levitation, while the other two carpets I have do not. I was wondering if this was something missed by devs or as intended. I figured at least the one from progression and the one from the upgrade would be the same.
    Brohg likes this.
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Double check your buffs, pretty sure lev is not included on the mounts.
  3. Allayna Augur

Carpet of Stratos = Lev
    Efreeti Carpet = No Lev
  4. Raccoo Augur

I clicked off all forms of levitation. Jumped up and down to be sure (in Doomfire and in PoK/GL), then tried all 3 mounts. The Stratos carpet was the only one that included levitation.
  5. Bobokin Augur

Some flying mounts and illusions don't give lev either.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

I wish they actually had "flying" in this game. Not just x-axis movement (and down), but total control of x-y-z axis. I have all lev effects from others turned off except for levitation, which my Swiftmantle provides, or I use my Azinok's jetpack when I need to cross a zone quickly. Other than that, no lev for me thanks.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Um. No flying...
    Could you help me and name and/or link these mounts, then I'll ask around.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Brohg Augur

9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

10. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Ah well, this pulled me in ...

I have the Fairy Wing (Illusion: Fairy, TSS Beta item) which is an illusion of a creature with wings but without Levitation either.
    There's a second Fairy illusion (Illusion Forest Fairy) from Marketplace which has a Levitation benefit. Don't tell me it's a "Pay for it, then you'll get it" thing :oops: .
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Derd Augur

Fairy wing says nothing about levitation. so guess u need to buy the one that does.
  12. john5 Lorekeeper

Anizok's.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

Whatever, it's gnome made, guaranteed to malfunction at some point :p
    Yinla likes this.
  14. smash Augur

Just because a bird got wings, dont mean it can fly, just look at a pingvin. Just that KFC going to like it. Huge wings
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

Is this due to game engine, or because you don't want certain mechanics avoided (like healers hovering over the raid but out of range of boss mechanics)?
  16. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Lol flying :)

Maybe there could be some sort of magic broomstick item, we could fly around PVP midair dogfights.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Or EQ Quidditch :p
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

Wings don't make fairies fly. Pixie dust does. Their wings literally serve no purpose, although they can't fly with a broken wing, but anything with pixie dust can fly even without wings.

So either Fairy Wing has a broken wing with pixie dust or no pixie dust with working wings.

I don't get the logic on fairies.
  19. Endaar Augur

Seems like a good time to ask when and why levitation bob was removed...and yes, I realize that's a change from a LONG time ago...
  20. Verily Tjark Augur

How rude...