GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

That’s what FQ is, one giant circle jerk complaint.

PS stop getting belts nerfed, you fiend!
    Sancus and Sissruukk like this.
  2. Teylana Elder

I hate to call you out here but did you test and check this prior to release? No? How about follow ups post release? No? The "problem" has existed and you've conveniently ignored it for how long?

I know you're not incompetent but I have to tell you that had I pulled a stunt like this my VP would have tossed me out on my tush!

Look, you want to give in to those who are complaining that GMM gives others a chance to catch up to the Uber players what they want? Fine. But man up to the fact that that is exactly what's going on here and say so. (Shades of filthy casuals again, I think)

You could also do the right thing and leave it alone.
  3. Spellfire Augur

Should I mention dot revamps now? Just so Absor doesn't say sometime in June 2024 that he didn't know ....:D
    Elyssanda, Caell and Duder like this.
  4. Borm_of_fv Apprentice

Created an account on ForumQuest just to thank the originators of this thread. I’ve been on FV since the day it opened, once was a raider now a casual. GMM has allowed me to get much of my three toon team up to gear for harder zones. TBL was a freakin joke for me, but I figured I had a chance with enough GMM HAs. Now, the elite Uber’s have spoken and brought out the nerf bat on we inferiors. Well done.

Next, perhaps someone can start a thread about so other breadcrumb throw to the masses - keep this nerf smack down coming.

Eventually, you’ll drive those of us who have an hour at most each day away. Then you can fund all the new development for elite raiders.

I’m so disgusted I can hardly refrain from profanities.

I think there’s a blind kid playing down in the park. Hurry down and put things in his way so he’ll trip. Then make fun of that stuttering old man at the corner store.

You managed to take away the one place non-elite working stiffs could hope to get decent exp and gear.

You know what you can do and the horse you rode in on too.
  5. Allayna Augur

How did this turn into the elites calling for nerfs to screw over casuals? Tappin is the OP. Many from top guilds have said this change will not affect them and to leave it be.

I didn't realize that forumq had become spin media.
    Dsuna and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

In before the lock! Weeee, y’all need to just go play and whine less.
  7. Tappin Augur

I am not an elitist by any means. I assumed a nerf was coming and wanted to start the conversion now, to hopefully prevent kill exp being placed on quest updates – it’s simply bad game design and allows stuff like GMM to happen. Instead of giving casuals a place to hunt in a new expansion (in a static zone), you instead give them a HA and nerf it later.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I really don't understand the logic with threads like these. The people asking for nerfs have already benefited and will move on to new adventures when they arrive. It has zero impact on them or their gameplay. What it does do is punish those who are more casual or who have had to take a break to deal with RL stuff. It just discourages those who are behind from wanting to jump back in when they have time. This game needs more players not less so stop punishing those who are short on time. Eventually these players will just stop logging in and supporting the game. I know I am seriously questioning my future plans after reading this especially since calling for open nerfs is a forum violation and they allowed this thread to continue without nuking it. I have seen threads far more tame get locked that didn't violate any forum rules.
    Dsuna, Duder, Teylana and 4 others like this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I don't think this thread is elitist in the EQ sense (raider vs. casual). It's elitist in the human nature sense (holier-than-thou, nimby-esque, xenophobic-esque from OP).

Sadly, a player has initiated this request and not a dev (who can take the flak). And, since a player's name (OP) is linked to this controversial change/nerf, the devs should consider backing off/hedging from the change/nerf.

Years ago, I made the suggestion for the devs to add a name confirmation prompt to the character delete button. It was well-received by the community and common-sensical. The current discourse just divides people.

If people are exploiting GMM (claims of big level jumps), then hopefully there are solutions that are common-sense and more nuanced.

Edit: Any controversial change could leave a sour taste or bitter memory for EQ's 20th anniversary celebrations.
    Dsuna, Teylana, Caell and 1 other person like this.
  10. JeffHanson Augur

Too late now. Have fun leveling 111-115 in non-instanced content while competing with hundreds of automated bot players monopolizing zones 24/7/365.
  11. Teylana Elder

Since I used the term "filthy casual", I think I should respond to this.

In the context of this thread, being a top raider doesn't make you elite. Honestly, in my mind, it doesn't even factor in. Having the all the time in the world to do everything in the game does.

The simple fact is that there is a significant portion of the player base that does not get to play 7 nights a week for hours at a time. Many people get a few hours on the week end or play at hours that make it difficult for them to reliably meet up with their friends and guild mates. These are the people that GMM works so well for. These are the people that both you and I are defending.
    Nennius and Allayna like this.
  12. Raccoo Augur

Is that what the devs decided to do after reading this thread?
  13. Tappin Augur

Sounds like to that me they are doing all of the above, so that would be a yes. However, it was still worth an attempt to prevent it.
  14. Brohg Augur

the scripted bot groups won't update to use new zones for months & months, and /picks exist. it'll be fine
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you confirm that the 2nd phase (climbers) will be still be able to complete this mission after changes?

Currently if you pull from the platform you end up with 4+, if you pull them off the platfrom back on to the paths and FD to try and split them, after they wander off and you stand up before agro has cleared they warp on top of you instead of running back to you.

I really don't want to have to use Glyths just to be able to complete this part of this mission. Something a lot of raid tanks already to do to be able to tank 20+ mobs in this mission. I need to be earning AAs not wasting them on Glyths.
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

Sometimes it is better not to say anything at all. Absor already admitted his oversight, and his oversight might have carried over to the next xpac and beyond. Now you've got the team at DBG working on overdrive to "fix" this oversight, instead of concentrating on fixes that need to be made.
    Froger, Cailen and Yinla like this.
  17. Allayna Augur

Or the upcoming beta and new expansion due to launch at the end of the year.
  18. Ibudin Augur

Ok time to get this thread back on track -

What about the necro dot revamp and issues with limited debuff slots on mobs?
    How are you going to fix that and when?
  19. Monkman Augur

20. ~Mills~ Augur

They just don't have time for it and would like to get to it when they can.

/Cough literally at least 600 hundred other things changed big and small /cough. But its not me job! If they wanted to they would have solved the debuff cap problem either directly despite the code or by cleaver work arounds had they worked together or tossed a few eyes on the problem instead of one, they don't want to.

Its far more important to nerf GMM xp before the launch 6 months after the fact and claim whoops. Whoops we added chat tabs instead or whoops faction windows or nerfed these 60 things the past few years just because but sorry there isn't more time for spells, sorry there isn't time for more AA additions or concerns.

Going to be an interesting beta for many if mob tuning remains nuts, there isn't time for AA and spells again and if tiers are handled or blocked poorly again. No pressure to get the important stuff done right instead lets make sure GMM is "fixed" in time now that it sat for so long.
    Dsuna and Caell like this.