GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

I would have used the magic 8 ball. Just as vague, but more fun to play with (plus, it won't try to kill you).
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Teylana Elder

I have to say that the idea of changing GMM at this point is just plain (word that starts with F) stupid.

NOW you decide to mess with it and screw those who don't zoom through XP?!?

I like you all but sometimes you do some really boneheaded things. Just leave GMM the way it is already. It's not broken. Don't"fix" it.
    Bottle, Caell, Spellfire and 2 others like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Shhh HAL can read lips.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Man, I wish they had a way for trusted players to submit feedback to them or notify them of problems as they occur. Heck, you might select one player from ever class, maybe a couple of major guild leaders for a raid voice, or some very knowledgeable voices from the forums.

They might even have their own private forum section, where they could post about issues, or the devs could ask them questions. I bet that would be a great idea!

Could call it, "Could Have Kept This Resource Going Community Leaders" or something....
    Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This ^^

This is what I was talking about in my earlier post. Making these orcs more difficult without fixing at least step 2, will really hurt the more casual people. I can afk, let them gather in one spot, and pull and kill at at once solo. The people nerfs to this will hurt are not people like me.

I still say, please unlock TBL zones when you nerf this. Give these people a bone, please.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Duder Augur

While you are busy gutting GMM could you please fix the inability to gain Iron Legion faction? Currently there is no way to gain faction with the Iron Legion making chars permanently KoS. Is this supposed to be something special like RoS Veeshans Peak was turned into? Thanks.
    Yinla, Nennius and Sissruukk like this.
  7. GoneFission Augur

While we’re on the subject of what you do or do not notice, has anyone in the development side noticed EQ-2121, where the majority of XP awarded in several EoK zones like FM and Chardok is awarded to the first character on the aggro list? Sancus submitted it July 2018, and bug tracker still lists it as unverified. You know, just in case you’d like to look at something that is an actual problem.

Maybe a TLP will unlock that expansion one day and it will finally get looked at.
    Yinla, Caell and Raccoo like this.
  8. Absor Developer

Your not supposed to gain faction with them. They are meant to be enemies, you just get a while to explore before you piss them off.
    Axxius, Brohg and Duder like this.
  9. Spellfire Augur

Tappin should use his power to have them fix necro dots :oops:.
    Yinla and Raccoo like this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

103 to 110 in three missions yea right please prove me wrong even with double xp and xp potions your not gonna get that kinda of xp.

Andarriel
  11. Petalonyx Augur

If you read the posts after that, it was mostly a result of max fellowship vitality. Someone mentioned the vitality bonus was 500% vs the 100% bonus weekend exp. So, while my experience was extraordinary, it was not fabricated. I clearly stated that fellowship exp was used.
  12. Riou EQResource

This is just the puller by passing the EXP reduction that's been in place since TDS reduced exp rates as you leveled in RoF. The bug has always existed since introduction

The fix is to no longer allow the puller to bypass the reduction :p
  13. Tappin Augur

Tying kill exp to quest updates is bad game design considering the lack content available for those behind the curve with limited time for play sessions. It creates vacuums at specific level ranges where a lot returning players end up quitting.

I understand the changes that are going to be made, but can we kindly consider this problem prior to the creation of HA content? I think it possible avoid this problem in future.
  14. Cicelee Augur

This thread will make the imaginary Forum Quest Hall of Fame five years after it retires...
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  15. Absor Developer

Just to keep you up to date, there were several issues (stupid mistakes on my part) that has caused these heroic adventures to be way too easy. The scaling system for varying NPC levels in these adventures hadn't been properly updated for the highest level. We're going to do that. Also, when I was updating the levels of the NPCs for Gnome Memorial Mountain, I screwed it up. I'll be fixing that too.

Basically, I messed up some stuff and will be fixing it. It is not the intent to make this super hard, but we do want it to be at least in line with other content with TBL rewards.
    Axxius and Maedhros like this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

In other words, I should try and get my augment before next patch...
  17. Raccoo Augur

Is this only effecting the HAs or also the static zone? Also will this effect the npcs in the raid zone?
  18. shiftie Augur

Certain mobs can be rooted etc. pacify works if you are patient in the event of a bad pull you can jet pack off the ledges and out run them. Not to mention everyone has access to fd potions.

If you grab some on their ascents up the mountain it makes pulling them even easier when they get to the final resting points. I honestly can’t imagine how people are freaking out here or saying how long it takes. I molo this with a cleric merc and the only reason I don’t solo is that my isp constantly takes huge lag spikes and I bottom out to 70% and when it stabilizes I am dead. Somehow with a cleric merc I survive these spikes.

That said I am in conflag gear and hardly do anything other than extreme casual these days. Groups should be able to handle this content just fine. Are we worried because this is going to make boxing harder. How much harder can it get when one toon can complete the mission?
  19. Magickon Augur

I'm not saying that GMM should be nerfed after all this time. I do have to wonder though, if the exp is so good there, what will it be like at the launch of the next expansion?

I can think of some prior expansions with a level cap, where the best place to grind out the new levels was in the prior expansion. It sucked.
  20. Cicelee Augur

I guess what I do not understand about some players is this-

You complain about not having content. You complain that doing the same GMM mission every day is boring. You complain that you are all finished with TBL and are bored. You complain that you want something new.

So a new expansion is released, answering all of your dreams and wishes. And where do you go? The same darn GMM mission you complained about...

The only time you will see me in TBL/GMM when the next expansion launches is (a) finish up whatever hunter and collections I have left after progression is done in next expansion, and (b) if I cannot evolve my TBL items in the expansion. I am hoping to evolve my TBL items in the next expansion, in which case I will be spending the first several months in new content and not content I have done hundreds of times before...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.