GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

"Flipping" for hunter/collection will still be possible after our changes. It will be less appealing, not impossible, to flip for EXP.
  2. Greymantle Augur

If your planning on changing it to be simmilar to the gribbles mission, where the bulk of the exp is rewarded upon the chest opening.Please do NOT affect the ability to scale up the fire-fight drop items.
    A lot of us use this mission to evolve our gear up.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

evolution is a different exp table, not affected by setting on the EXP except, indirectly, level.

Evolving item EXP is solely based on the "consider color" of the mob. This is true for the TBL evolving items.

(of course scripted evolves break this, but the only example i know of this is the trade-skill trophy, and the script emulates that with exp based on the difficulty of the combine)

That said, the mobs may be more difficult when we complete our changes. Which, if this happens, will have an affect on evolving item exp simply in that it takes longer per kill. But that is a indirect, if concrete, affect.

Moving kill EXP to the end reward will not have an affect on evolving exp.
    Duder, Greymantle and Tucoh like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

OP:

Followed by motivations:

Wait....that last one tho, you don't like the idea of a large time debt for returning players? But that's what you asked for in this very thread? I'm confused sir.
    Dsuna likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And I am pretty sure GMM was working completely as intended which was why no nerf before this. The notice of a "problem" all of a sudden is just about a new expansion coming out.
  6. Absor Developer

I apologize for not having noticed this and fixing it earlier.
    Axxius and Nennius like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Agreed. This was mentioned right when GMM launched. Why is this suddenly an issue?
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  8. Lonestar Elder

If moving the exp to the end reward is the way you want to go please consider moving completions to the task stage. Say after first 2 steps complete you get the exp and a single reward. Then the next to stages another complete with exp and reward and then if you complete the mission you get the remaining exp and reward. Please keep this event friendly to those of that that can not devote hour and half to 2 hours to complete this task. I know some raiders can complete this in very little time but please remember those of us that can no longer raid and have to play at a slower pace. GMM has done a lot to lure back casuals like myslef 30-45 minute content with solo/molo/box group is appealing to many of us that do not have the ability/time to complete the require progression of TBL. All the locked content is the reason I have not purchased the expansion. I just can not use it.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Tappin is Paul.

Duder likes this.
  10. Tanols Augur

I think some people have an unrealistic expectation that you guys (devlopers) have 1-4 hours of every day allocated to reading through these forums for player feedback. Or that the majority of what is posted is constructive feedback and not baseless conjecture.
    I know myself I sometimes start going cross eyed and just scan the posts. Potentially missing valuable nuggets of information among all the nonsense. If we, the player base, were more concise, clear, and fact based on our reporting that would probably go a long way towards potential issues like the one addressed in this thread to being resolved.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

If it were up to me.

1. Once in zone you get a lock out.

2. All lock outs would he 3 to 5 hrs.

3. Tasks all lock from requesting.

4. All xp and loot are locked behind opening of chest.

5. I'd remove all collects from all ha's.

6. Any names in the Ha's would not be required for expansion hunter completion. Unless doin only the HA names would not a different reward.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I like this idea, I've had a few issues recently with no puller or chanter and we have got stuck at the 2nd stage the climbers.

Failing that can you fix the warping when pulled to the ledges or not have them all stack up in one area or lower the agro range.All of the others stages I have managed to only pull a couple of mobs the climbers is usually 4 which I cannot tank all at once.
  13. Laronk Augur

Wow that's extreme, lockout and locked at start and only exp at chest. This would make the mission so unfriendly to pugs and casual players. It really is a good thing it's not up to you.
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Laronk Augur

This is why I think we have to be careful with a nerf. The way the mobs stack up and their large agro radiuses, it almost seems like it's intended to take a bunch at once. Some groups can literally take 30 at a time where others struggle if they get 3+. In 3 months this gear is also going to be meh and having it be easy to get will make it easier for people to enter the new expansion.
    Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. Greymantle Augur

It is not broken! No need to "fix" it.
    Yinla, Caell and Teylana like this.
  16. Raccoo Augur

RIP GMM DH.

Tappin should use his power for good, like fixing GMM Legion mission to not boot you for stupid things, or pathing in GMM for the orcs in their canyon area (love how they run around ontop of mountains gathering up their friends).
  17. Cailen Augur

That's ok Absor….. plenty of stuff needs fixed but IMHO this isn't one of um
    Xeladom and Teylana like this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Vague and yet still possibly meaningful. I will ask my HAL computer for an analysis.

....working
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

HAL came back with with his interpretation:

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you."

Hmmmm
  20. Briano Journeyman

If the decision to remove all GMM it's from TLP's (i.e. Phinny) comes down the pipe could you at the least let us know ahead of time so we can tribute said items and not have them be a total loss?