50% xp pot on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Imukai, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Imukai Augur

So when Velious launched on Mangler this week, the Adventure III pot (+50%) became available in the DBG shop along with the shared one.

Tonight when the grinding commenced, it was not there any longer.

Why oh why?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Cause dbg just wants to sell exp pots dude.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The lesson you should learn in EQ is when something becomes available that's too good to be true, you buy it, exploit it or just flat about abuse it.

Same rule since 1999
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wise words for life in general, to be frank.
  5. Prathun Developer

There are no logs of Bottle of Adventure III or Shared Bottle of Adventure III being purchased on Mangler.
    The Marketplace data indicates that they will not be available until Shadows of Luclin has unlocked on the server.
  6. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Odd I had some of the 50% ones.

I'm not sure where I got them, maybe it was with the bag bundle? but I know had some 50% pots. I also noticed they wasn't in the market place for the double exp.
    I'm sure they was there before.
  7. VandilIzer Augur

Maybe something you got from /claim? there are a bunch of 50%'s you get from that, it feels like it wasn't that early on you were able to get them but possible.
  8. Mr Blue Sky Elder

It wasn't claim, shrug maybe I am imagining it but...I don't think I am.

Was the 50% pots ever available? maybe when the server started or a special market place thing.
  9. Prathun Developer

Checked the claim data, and while most of the Bottle of Adventure III claim items require a modern-ish expansion be unlocked before they can be claimed, there are a few that can be claimed in any era.
    It's not recommended to use these potions in earlier eras than they'd be available on the Marketplace as it's possible to hit the per kill experience cap and not get the full benefit of the experience bonus.
  10. Prathun Developer

Looking at the previous versions of the Marketplace data, Bottle of Adventure III and Bottle of Shared Adventure III show that they were restricted to the launch of Shadows of Luclin when the server launched.
  11. Imukai Augur

Seeing no purchase records would be accurate -- I didn't buy any.

I bought my satyr illusion since Velious had just opened up -- and while I was in there I looked at the xp pots. Adventure III was indeed there for 1000 DBG. Adventure IV was not there so I wasn't on Agnarr or Tribunal and mixing up memories.

I commented to someone at the time that I was happy to see the 50% pot available, and how much of a ripoff the 75% pot is when it becomes available in PoP (like double the cost, half the duration, for that extra 25%).

If they aren't supposed to unlock until Luclin that's cool, but I promise it was there at least at the time. Maybe the server or zone I was in briefly registered Luclin as being open when I opened the shop.

I just thought maybe it was consciously removed, hence the post. Didn't mean it to be a thing. =)