GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. smash Augur

I just added another solution while you typed in your objection which is to change it to cotf style which is give 95% of xp completing it.

But doing the lockout only makes people take a bit longer to complete hunger or complete collections. EQ is about timesinks, why should this be different? Also could make some collections be No drop, so people themselves have to get them.
  2. Tappin Augur

At 110, there isn't any current content to grind exp at a reasonable rate prior to RoS. Do I need to remind you how fun OT is for casuals? Well there is always TBL - Oh NM my tank merc doesn't even serve as a speed bump.

If raiders can steam roll a GMM HA in about 15 minutes with a group, then it takes 4 to 5 times that for average boxer to complete, that means it takes around 60 to 85 minutes to two box a GMM HA.

Have to leave prior to completing the HA? No xpz for juu.

EQ have always been pull stuff, kill stuff, and get ph@t l3wtz and xpz. There is no reason to change that formula - it's not broken.
    Dsuna, Caell and Yinla like this.
  3. birdsong_pawn Augur

This is an important point. When the level cap goes up, most of the good open world experience spots are going to be monopolized 24 hours a day by the automated afk bot groups. The legitimate players are going to need instances -- like the GMM mission -- to level in.
    Dsuna, Caell and Bottle like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

...and augs. Which, disproportionately affects those with less play time than those with more. Again, this change won't affect me, I'm done, but those casuals who have been vocal on many other threads about the balance between raid and group, casual and hardcore.....are being slighted here.

Some of you have terrible ideas. No drop collections? Are you #%@#ing kidding me? Make completing objectives take longer....ADD more timesinks?

Side note, calling for nerfs is a forum policy violation, Tappin.
    Dsuna, Caell, Teylana and 1 other person like this.
  5. shiftie Augur

Stop boxing and join a group. I’m in ros group gear and I can solo this mission in 45 min or less as a paladin. I accept that this mission is too easy and enjoy being able to solo it, because i wanted a better weapon - hasn’t dropped yet. If I want easy xp I go solo gribbles, kill mobs in Lc “shocker” or go kill mobs in rof. People are just complaining because one mission has better reward vs risk. The experience is fine so long as it can’t be repeated as nauseam.
  6. Tappin Augur

Put your money where your mouth is and prove it. I have few raid geared characters and I can barley molo it is 45 minutes.

If I only have 45 to 60 mins to play what is the point of grouping? by the time I get one I have to go.

And what is the point of doing gribbles at 110 for a whole 3 AAs? That's great progression.
  7. enclee Augur

I’m in the same boat as you as far as play time, but we just have to accept the game isn’t designed for 45-60 play periods. It’s just never been the EQ way. Should they have more content catered towards 45-60 minute game play sessions, yes. Blizzard knows the bulk player base spends around 45 minutes a day online, and designs around it for better or worse. It’s just the major philosophical difference, and if you don’t have the time I’d just suggest moving away from EQ.
  8. Lonestar Elder

I hate when things get nerfed. It drives me away and then I find my way back. I actually started playing again because GMM. I have really enjoyed it and I am super causal player that actually gets reward for the time I have to play. Maybe an hour a day. I used to be able to play for hours but like the rest of the community I have aged and now have a family and no longer able to put time in like before.

Please please Absor do not lock exp behind the completion of the entire mission. If you feel the need to lock exp behind something can you please consider looking it to stage completions? Or possible that you could make it so that you can "complete" the mission at any step to still receive the exp for those of us that are not able to get it done in 45 minutes so this place can still be used for fun and reward.

The truth is some times people like to play progression and have time for it. When we do not have tons of time we just want to exp and improve the character. This mission has been great for me to jump in and play and I normally play to completion but at times I have to cut it short because I have to Adult before I was hoping to. Please consider the causal player
    Dsuna, Xeladom, Caell and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ditka Journeyman

I don't really know how you can still be employed if you didn't know about this mission being the easiest thing around for XP grinding and Chase item evolving.

No wonder we get garbage fest expansions like TBL these days.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Please, more carrots, less sticks.

Rolling, post-dated nerfs may only foster ill-will.
    Caell likes this.
  11. Lonestar Elder

Some of us truely love this game and its hard to move beyond this game because of how great the game is. We all know want to enjoy our time playing. When I was in the service back 02-06 without a family I enjoyed the escape from reality and I played WAY to many hours. However life has changed in the 13 years from then and with an hour a day or 4-6 hours a week folks like me want to play and be able to see progress. I do not own TBL and I do not plan on purchasing it because of the restraints of progression to get to the end zones. Some of those quest to get to the zones are just not going to fit my play style or time. I was excited to find out plane of Fire was redone but its hidden behind hours of missions So I may never get to play in the TBL version. It is something I understand because I dont have those hours to spend getting there.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Actually the XP rate has been mentioned several times.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Can we nerf levitation in PoFire instead?
    Dythan and Laronk like this.
  14. Moege Augur

Doubt it matters much for gmm anymore people have stockpiles of the collections. Dangerous precedent to set for next expansion.

/gets case of selective amnesia
    Oh gmm yeah umm lets go check what that is about again
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

He didn't call for a nerf remember? But he did, then didn't then did then didn't then did then didn't. Headsplode.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Tappin crated this thread complaining about people logging out immediately after raiding. If GMM gets nerfed to oblivion there is even less incentive for his guidmates to stick around after raids.
  17. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Nerfing this mission just increases the amount of people Swarming in Open World zones, it's one advantage was not having to disrupt other people while I leveled my evolves and caught old toons up, the exp swarming normal mobs is better (as it should be), so I don't know what exactly this accomplishes outside of ensuring there will be 20 ST pickzones monopolized by ae groups from Raiding Guilds
    Xeladom and Cailen like this.
  18. Cailen Augur

Scorn is totally right the so called non elites should be happy the so called elites are swarming in instanced content not open zones...…. but they will be again.
  19. Cailen Augur

Side note, starting a thread about "alleged" exploitable exp is a forum policy violation also, Tappin
  20. Laronk Augur

He even told us how to use an exploit!
    Cailen likes this.