GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Only for those who want slow xp..

There are much much better xp grind camps in TBL..
    Laronk and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  2. Absor Developer

That is NOT what I said. I said it is THEMED on Secrets and should be the difficulty of TBL. It is clear that only one of those is true. I will be looking at the other part.

I do agree with some folks here that are unhappy that people waited until now to mention that the exp was too high for the difficulty. Tell us when things are wrong, either good or bad, when you notice them and there will be a lot less of this sort of thing.

We will be changing something about this, exactly what I don't know yet. We would have changed it first update after launch had we known.
  3. Laronk Augur

To be fair, people did claim they could tank 10+ at a time in the instance the week it came out.
  4. Absor Developer

I can't argue that, I can't read everything. :p
  5. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

It's great for leveling alts.... You know, something that we didn't have as much time to do this expansion because of all of the other major time sinks.
  6. Jaylin Augur

To be fair, there was a nice long topic about how undetuned it was. People claimed it was about as hard as EoK in difficulty. Devs even commented in the thread. Not specifically about the difficulty, but far into the thread.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ward-out-of-whack-mobs-need-tuning-up.255824/
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Be careful. There really is a lot of ill will from a lot of the casual crowd (which I presume is more than the raiders and hardcore non-raiders) over TBL.

If you just bump the mob difficulty up to the static zone mobs of the same type, that is fine and all, but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th steps you have the mobs all path to one spot. So a real casual group without a mezzer or someone able to split from 6-12 mobs sitting on top of one another, are going to have a problem.

They die fast enough now that you can kill 3-4 before the rest path together. The 3rd and 4th steps are probably ultimately ok, because the things space out a bit and move around. But the 2nd step, they all path to a spot on that little bridge and only walk 2-3 steps, so you end up with 6-11 a pull if you let all 11 get there.

Problem really is that there is no way you can really nerf this that will achieve your goal perfectly. Nerf lockouts you're going to anger a lot of people (maybe an hour lockout on request, enough time you can't flip instances and chain them like crazy, but not enough to seriously impact most non-raiders, people can do the other mission or kill in static zone while waiting). Raise hp or how hard they hit, people like me are barely affected, but casuals are crushed. Lower exp and everyone is annoyed.

I can tell you what would be a HUGE bone to those casuals though. The patch you change something on this, completely unlock TBL zones. There is no real reason to block people with those smoke trials, and there are a lot of people blocked by it and it is the source of some real sour feelings.

So that's my suggestion:

1) 1 hour lockout on request, add 2 hours from request timer on opening chest for normal total lockout time

2) Maybe up difficulty on orcs a bit, but if so, do something about step 2, make those orcs spread out, or make them spawn 6 at a time (kill first 6, second 6 spawn on the path)

3) Remove the zone flagging from TBL group zones

Casuals may be a little upset about losing some easy exp, but they will be more than happy with the trade off for being able to get into the rest of TBL. Raiders like me just can't sit in GMM flipping instances to hit 115 in 3-5 hours, we'll have to go to other zones to do that hah.
    Dsuna and Bottle like this.
  9. shiftie Augur

I have only bothered with this mission over and over for the Knight 2 her. Which has still yet to drop after months of doing it. I get the same trash loot every time.

The mission is extremely boring with or without a group. If people plan on flipping the instance just tie the cap to the mission complete just like ha.

That doesn’t screw over the people who are doing the mission legit vs people who want to flip. How and why we get this wrong year after year is baffling. If instances are not meant to be flipped then make the reward tied to completion.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The only reason I can see nerfing exp in the GMM mission now is that the new expansion will be coming out. Get the GMM nerf in early so it doesn't add to the TBL exp nerf when the new expansion comes out.

The death of a thousand nerfs.
  11. Allayna Augur

Originally brought up on March 16th, 2019. The day it launched. The thread went on for 11 pages. The post you weighed in on, 7 pages in, on March 27th, 2019, was talking about difficulty/ease of the zone. I'm aware you can't read everything. But to punish the casual players 6 months later seems a bit much for an "anniversary reward zone".

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ut-of-whack-mobs-need-tuning-up.255824/page-7

As a reference. And I quoted you verbatim.
    Dsuna, Funk, Caell and 8 others like this.
  12. Tappin Augur

This is exactly what not do. The average player is better of with an exp nerf per mob or an increase in mob dificulty. Putting a time constraint on something that did have one (unless you really wanted the gear at the end) isn’t casual friendly.
  13. Tappin Augur

Would you kindly consider not going the same route as CoTF? I believe there are plently of other options worth exploring.
  14. Sancus Augur

This. I'm not sure it could have been any more loudly discussed, and it's troubling to me that that feedback apparently flew under the radar until now. I appreciate Absor posting here, but I have absolutely no idea how to "tell" the devs things if an 11 page thread directly following launch isn't enough.
    Dsuna, Caell, Schadenfreude and 9 others like this.
  15. Monkman Augur

16. zarcal Elder

I am admittedly a cynic, but it could be argued that it was tuned 'easier' due to poor TBL sales and now that a new expansion is coming out it needs to be tuned 'harder'

I would love to see (but never will) what the sales bump was after GMM was released.

Just for the record i did not buy TBL on release (and only have it on one account now) and now that it is September it is probably fool hardy to by it now. My intention was to pre-order the new expansion and use GMM to gear catch up, but clearly i need to wait to see the severity of the nerf.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Laronk Augur

Bottle likes this.
  18. birdsong_pawn Augur

This. TBL was basically a waste of money for a lot of people.
  19. Laronk Augur

If anyone on FV who has TBL and hasn't gotten to do the missions yet or hasn't gotten past smoke message me on the forums. I'll make it happen
    Gana, Spellfire and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  20. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Might biggest gripe the past few years is how out of touch you guys are with your own game. Everyone knows somethings off to hard or to easy, they post about it and its ignored

People don't like their decades old AA and abilities changes on one persons random whim out of no where.

People don't like posting feedback during beta, after launch and months later and watch it go ignored until randomly after all damage is done some one randomly comes around and says we never knew or this was never intended, yeah right. Same applies to GMM people posted instantly about the tuning, you guys commented in the thread and it was left alone until now its a "problem" needing immediate attention unlike the major things that sit idle for years.
    Dsuna, Caell, Raccoo and 5 others like this.