GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My point stands. Convenient timing, you bring this up after GMM has been live for 6 months. Where were your calls for nerfs when GMM was new? It hasn't changed, but I would bet dollars to doughnuts you have every single GMM drop on every one of your characters, whom are all max XP, at or close to max AA. Most of whom, I would wager, spent a great deal of time in GMM and its HA's.

GMM was a resounding success. Bravo, Devs. Nicely done. Just please leave it be.
  2. Tappin Augur

I am not calling for a nerf to anything. However, it's my expectation (and many others) that there will be nerfs. I am just being proactive and asking them not repeat the same mistake they made with CoTF.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I hope they don't nerf it, but a close look at this game's history suggests that nerfs will very likely be looked at if not put in place. I think nerfing it would be a mistake.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They already changed how HA's work. But hey, keep ignoring everyone that's said that and keep saying it over and over.
  5. Tappin Augur

The only thing they changed was level constraints (they no longer scale). There is nothing that would suggest that they will not repeat the past and add the exp to HA completition.

I hope they will not make any changes, but changes are likely.
  6. jiri_ Augur

Nerfs to anything behind the current content, IMO, are bad ideas. There is no constituency for this game outside the Progression servers and 100-110 on Live, being generous.
  7. Bottle Journeyman

They didn't nerf the named cycle in Mearatas. They didn't nerf the named cycle in VP. Why should they start with GMM? Only if some people are eager to complain here, like always.

And btw. if these over-ubah-raiders can do level 103-109 in 3 runs. I don't have a clue how that works. We did a run with 3x105 and 3x110. Around 30-50 AA for the 110 (not fully in AA) and around 1,5 yellow for the L105 after 1-2 hours and burned a lesson. The cool thing is that the mobs don't hit hard and the chest dropped 3 nice pieces for a nice upgrade. What a nice relieve compared to TBL!

Yes it is cool and I will now start doing the GMM progression and regularly these missions. I never did them because I thought they hit like in TBL like a truck and loosing xp through rezzes is demotivating. But too much xp compared with Sathirs Tomb? Really? Only if you are beyond the usual gear and AE it somehow. Not a thing we can do...

Thank you devs for that one. Perhaps then the gear is good enough to overcome these stupid trials in TBL...
    Flatchy likes this.
  8. Tappin Augur

For the same reason the nerfs happen every year just after expansion is released. Raiders are going to max everything by the end of the first week one and be close to finishing the expansion by end of February.

I guess the exp requirements for the new expansion could be such that GMM is not worth it, but I doubt that.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

Gmm was the safe spot for groupers where you could actually get some drops. Was there even any visible armor available there? I had not heard of any and if not I think it is kind of odd.
  10. Allayna Augur

End game raiders will be in the new content, doing progression and seeing the new zones, not flipping GMM. Why? Because the new expansion will offer spells (to sell), collections (to click and sell), hunters, new augs, new trade skill components, new missions and likely new type 5s, new achievements with a reward for group content completion and new hero’s AAs...in addition to new content/challenge, and novelty.

If they continue with the current trend, new chase or ultra rare, and possibly a trade skill quest to look forward to.

I also have another viewpoint to add to the “leave GMM alone crowd”...

Too often people who do things quickly benefit over those who take their time. Crestra’s earring is one quest off the top of my head, where those who completed it quickly benefited from tradeable components from sub-combines and those who didn’t....had to complete it post nerf. Leveling trade skills was also a joke as one of the ground spawns would level you to 300 research.

IMO don’t punish the casuals who want easy mode content with a good exp rate by taking it away...it fits the “I only have 30 minutes” play style.
  11. Bottle Journeyman

And something which has not been mentioned:

It seems the quests are designed also for L95+. As long as nothing scales inside then you have your answer why they don't hit like a truck! My L105 could tank the stuff which is logic.

If you need a challenge, go play in the TBL trials or in the raids and make the challenger for all missions. There is enough content where casuals have no chance on.
  12. Tanols Augur

I said it 6 months ago and I will say it again ... GMM risk vs reward is way out of wack.

Best in slot items for non visibles for the expansion for the least amount of risk. A gift from the developers to the masses for the anniversary.
    A slap in the face to those that did the difficult content to get lesser rewards. If they choose to look at it that way.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

GMM - Everquest's 20th anniversary bonus content.
    Bottle likes this.
  14. Bottle Journeyman

TBL was a "slap in da face" for everybody who bought it and stuck or still stick in the Trials and could only play a minimum of the expansion. I see that now as a good compensaton and chance to beat it now.

It is ridiculous enough to go to 110 in GMM to be able to make the L105 stuff in Plane of Smoke...
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Really depends on the XP curve for 111-115.

If new levels are really big, but new content is equally rewarding, it'll balance out to encourage expansion sales.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We can dream :)
  17. Traxen Lorekeeper

Don't underestimate the impact of max fellowship exp. It can be stupid high. It also runs out fast. But you would have gotten a similar burst of exp in Sathir's Tomb. Assuming you could have found an open camp this past weekend. That place is going to be crazy when the new expac goes live.
  18. Tucoh Augur

They nerfed both of those things :D
  19. Bottle Journeyman

Didn't felt so.. still popping one named after the other and it was intended.
    Felt a bit slower as usual. 20m instead of 10m?
    Is the /pick still not able to behave like /pick 0???

And what was nerfed in VP? They pop as usual - fast and plentyful.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The VP nameds use to respawn a lot faster. They also nerfed the Faction since you could be ally and run from named to named without killing anything.
    Warpeace and Whulfgar like this.