GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They may possibly do what they did with ROF and just reduce the exp after level 110.

Personally I'd rather see no changes, I think those who level later should have the same exp gains the rest of us have seen.
  2. Riou EQResource

They've been doing this every expansion since the ROF change :p
  3. Inga Elder

The Darkness Howls is 98% of the current content for casual players who paid full price for TBL, unless you can always form 6 players group. The remaining 2% is Fight Fire and there is no other new place they can go.

The only way to nerf without removing it for casual players is CotF HA style exp movement to last step. So ask for nerf and get "absolutely NOT acceptable" one, or leave it as it is. You can choose whichever you want.
  4. Allayna Augur

Absor is quoted in another thread that already went several pages about risk v reward.

It’s design is intended.
    Dsuna, Jhenna_BB, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

If you dont like it Napoleon , you can leave. Oh sorry I meant if you dont like GMM dont go there. I dont understand the need to try to shut other peoples way of playing down. I wish I could about taking too many mobs at once. Go find something ingame more to your stats? Whats wrong with something for everyone?
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

This will take care of itself as people gain levels. It's a constant and ever present situation for a new expansion as blues go to light blues or lower exp granting dark blues. FM for 110 now has alot of mobs that are dark blue but give alot less experience to 110's than they gave to 105, 106.....

As characters get to 113, 114...the darkness howls stuff (as is) will return A LOT less exp... and that's okay because to "keep up with the joneses" in the exp world you have to explore the new stuff and see where your preferences guide you... undead? outdoor? indoor?, etc.

I will probably head straight to the undead area after grinding out 112 and maybe 113 in ST in ROS.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Elyssanda like this.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Brought to you by Sir Nerfalotaslowbelts.
  8. Tucoh Augur

You might want to retest. I leveled two zerkers to 110 with fellowship xp in GMM, it's nerfed but still strong.
  9. Laronk Augur

Really, does it matter if some people get to 115 before others?

The real grind is AA, and at 115 it's likely going to be sub par AA (also who cares if someone gets max aa first)
    Dsuna and BadPallyGuildLeader like this.
  10. Greymantle Augur

Ok why does it matter how other folk get exp? If they want to do and redo the same content just to get exp or to evolve the 4 FF drops, what does it matter?
    How is this hurting you or the game?
    Dsuna likes this.
  11. Spellfire Augur

GMM is fine. Leave it be.

If people are offended with receiving too much exp, they don't have to go there :p .
    Dsuna likes this.
  12. Micker Augur

Make everyone's life harder please, it isn't fair that they have fun and can exp in a zone without pain lol.

I don't even think the exp is that great on the gmm missions, I get more grinding in RoS zones. You really are that upset that people have a decent zone to exp in? I don't get why anyone would ever cry for a nerf like this, just boggles my mind.
    Dsuna and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Laronk Augur

SHHH Don't tell anyone!

Really it all depends on how you do the instance and what your gear is like, who you're grouping with and what your skill level is.

If you're a fresh 110 grouping in a pug GMM is amazing
    Once you have more gear you need to go run around and gather up groups for it to be on par or better than other zones, you can do stuff like pull the orc area in big pulls of 10-15 (or someone said something about tanking 27 at once)
    Once your group dps and tanking are upto a certain point some other zones get better.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess the 24 mobs would be the last part of darkness howls. The first few parts limit how many you can tank to 12 I think. I guess you could remove the excess mobs in the last section of darkness to help minimize how many mobs are available to tank.

But I guess this is all why I usually have the static zone orcs to myself :)
  15. Mazame Augur

If you change GMM xp or don't change it in the end the result will be the same.

new level cap will come out and that same day people will be max Level. Asking for a nerf to one zone wont change it.

Also if your looking for the best XP it not GMM. yes Gmm is nice for the avg toon but I don't think it where you will find most people trying to reach max level. It was nice for the evolving gear. It a ok zone to play around it but not my 1st pick for grinding xp.
    Dsuna likes this.
  16. Petalonyx Augur

I think it unlikely that retro changes will be made. Instead, as others have suggested, xp and AA required in expansion may increase.

To change or take back some of the gift that GMM aniversary zone has provided, especially months after release, is just going to piss a huge number of people off.

It's nice to hear that there are options outside of GMM for exp. I'm curious how they compare. I counted 33 orcs at once during my last AOE run in GMM.
  17. Laronk Augur

I would say the majority of people are not doing GMM ae groups, but rather are killing mobs 2-3 at a time and maybe mezzing adds.
  18. Fullwin Journeyman

IIRC, the way sharing originally worked, the character would actually directly receive the XP and could level up without doing anything. Sometime during HoT they changed it to the current vitality system, which seems to get used up fairly quickly but still gives a noticeable boost.
  19. Zolav Augur

What kind of FQ nonsense is this, I love it when people come in and play the "I demand" card. No one cares dude. Now go demand mommy makes you tacos for dinner even though its not taco tuesday and stop wasting our time.
  20. Bottle Journeyman

Greedy little buggers... :D

Thank you that you posted this here. I never made GMM but if you say it is good xp then I will try my luck after the TBL desaster. But it is always astounding that people are so eager to boost their toons and after they have maxed them they envy others to do the same. Always need the feeling of being the first in the row, do ya? :p

Yes, here is a casual who is happy for easy stuff, because I wiped again on trying to come through the trials in TBL and GMM is a slight chance to boost the toons up to 110 and AA in a way to have in the future a chance to do TBL or perhaps the new expansion. And for the visibles we have to do TBL anyways - not everything is in GMM! :rolleyes:

Some always forget that only the most active players write the most in Forumquest. There are a bunch of players who are happy for it. And it is the same like in Mearatas. Nobody talked here about it until some have finished their Muhbi stuff and gearing up to the earlobe and then started to complain that Mearatas is an exploit and should get nerfed.:confused:

Hallelujia... I am so glad that such people don't cross my area in real life!

But there are still some folks out there who think also about other players. Thanks for that one! ;)