Selo Server - Best Place to Solo a Mage at Level 65

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Midnitewolf, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Midnitewolf Augur

I just dinged 65 on my Mage on the Selo server and I am looking for a place to solo for those times when I can't get a group. I left EQ before the level 65 cap back in the day and never played a Mage so have no clue where to go. I have been soloing in Griegs but everything is light blue and while I can grind out AAs pretty fast, it is pretty slow progression for normal leveling. Unfortunately an internet search just seems to give soloing spots for with a Merc and we aren't quite there yet. That being said, are there any good spots for leveling a 65 mage solo?
  2. Midnitewolf Augur

13 views and not one reply. Guess no one know or doesn't want any competition at their secret soloing spots <sigh>.
  3. neveroom Journeyman

CoD maybe ?
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I like Hate 2.0 around 65. Having said that I've never done it as a solo mage and I know the mob pathing can get weird, dunno how well a pet handles it.
  5. Midnitewolf Augur

Thanks for the response guys. I will check them out. Still you would think there would be at least 3-4 common places a mage could efficiently solo level 65-70 where it was mostly blue con mobs. I thought it was just because of my lack of experience at this level and the fact there are very little in the way of guides available since PoP-OOW came out so long ago and figured this would be an easily answered question, but I guess not.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

On phinny I really liked Ferubi at 65 for soloing. Murkglider tunnels in WoS might be doable too, if not at 65 then shortly after. Selo's has Infected Paw also right? That's probably your best experience available.
  7. SunDrake Augur

See if you can solo in Castle 1 of Plane of Fire. You can easily manage plenty solo pulls to keep you busy if you can solo them. The mobs have practically no agro range. You have to pull them over the top of each other in order to get adds. The mobs will all be level 65. Mostly Warriors with some Clerics, Enchanters, and Wizards in the mix.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Plane of Fire is probably a good place to try IMO. Someone mentioned castle1, and that's probably a barren wasteland nowadays. But the pulls are super easy, mobs don't summon, and the exp is good.

No doubt these mobs hit hard for their day, but if you have the new pet focuses you should be able to burn em down.

I definitely wouldn't spend more time in Grieg's though, that place just isn't good exp per kill. I'd even give Ssra a try to see how that goes.
  9. SunDrake Augur

Something slightly easier than C1 PoFire would be the highborn / nobles camp in Veksar. Mostly level 59-63 mobs with some mid 50s thrown in. You can single pull this area.
  10. Bewts Augur

Be ready to run/die... but have you tried charming lesser elementals in BoT?
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

If you're good at the the game and have CotAM the obvious answer BoT. Charm soloing in there is tough, but the rewards of having a pet that does over 1k DPS during a FBO is well worth it. Definitely the best XP until you can get a OoW pet spell. TIPS if you use the port pads to CY everything you're fighting will lease and stock up on heal pots.

If you cant handle BoT. Plane of Storms is another charm spot. If you can't handle charm soloing at all then i would go to Hate 2.0