PvP Open World

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Woodro, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Woodro New Member

Still sitting here patiently waiting on a RED TLP server. Hope oneday we get it. Would love to live life on the edge and not know who or what will kill you next.
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

With the current climate of 3rd party tools that are being used, your typical encounter on a red server would be as follows:
    1. Someone see's you zone into a zone on (x) tool.
    2. They warp on-top of you, followed by a close instant death.
    3. They warp away.
    After 1 week of this most casual players would quit thus forcing the server into a quick death spiral due to the lack of players. I believe the only time a PvP server was fun was long before 3rd party tools became stupid easy to find.

Good luck in your quest to get that server though.
    Meridian likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

PVP EQ has never been my thing, but i cant imagine it would go over well with how Rampant various cheat programs are in EQ now.
  4. discordkitty Augur

Stop trying to make red TLP happen. It's not going to happen.
  5. NoWay Augur

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  6. code-zero Augur

The Devs have said it, y'all want a PvP TLP then you need to go bump up the population of Zek and convince them that there's a real interest for it. Otherwise, don't waste their time asking them
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

http://redguidesguild.com/rg/index.php
    Woodro likes this.
  8. Malmini New Member

A pvp server would be awesome for about a month, then the pop will drop to almost nothing.
  9. Woodro New Member

So alright I understand it will not work so what can I do? It is just a pipe dream of mine to be able to legit PvP. Maybe I will find a dueling scene or something.
    Is the population healthy on Agnarr or would Mangler be a better place since when I started playing when Luclin came out. I usually play a tank but, I am thinking of playing Solo and having a place with an active market would be awesome.
  10. Silver-Crow Augur

It's been said before, Agnarr should be your go-to TLP server. With the server being locked it's pretty easy to level the playing field it just takes a couple of guilds to turn and your golden. With no further pve challenge, once Quarm is down, the server will need something to keep the interest of the players.
  11. Silver-Crow Augur

Red guides is a nice idea, the problem is it's the only red guild on the server.
    As a result, anyone of a pvp mindset joins the same guild.

net result... there's no-one to pvp against.

Really for this to work the guild needs to split to form 2 balanced guilds, with the membership balanced out. New recruits should be allocated to the appropriate guild depending on what's required.

Sure raids can be as per an alliance, but out of raid time they need to be free to gank each other.
    Meridian and Woodro like this.
  12. Woodro New Member

That sounds like that could be really fun. Like a RvB situation
  13. code-zero Augur

Don't sit there patiently, go play on Zek and get as many other PvP people that you can to come join you there.

The Devs do not believe that there's any real demand for EQ PvP and have stated that if you want it you'll have to prove it to them by giving Zek a population

There's no argument or excuses they've told you what you have to do, so do it
  14. Woodro New Member

Yes sir