GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. sojero One hit wonder

I had a full bar on a char recently, didn't seem that good, maybe i just didn't realize how much it was adding.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, the guy is exaggerating. Even if fellowship exp was maxed (and we all know fellowship exp drops to 0 very fast).

The exp is insanely good, because the mobs don't hit as hard as in the static zone, which I know was on purpose, but still.

No reason to make stuff up though.

Did one for a 108 alt (with a 110 tank, NO merc, so as much exp as you can get without doing it by yourself), with less lesson, not during dbl exp time, and got 40% exp, lesson was on the entire time as it only takes me 25 mins to clear every exp generating mob in the instance.

So during double exp that would have been 60% of level 108. That is a FAR cry from 103 to 109 in 2 missions.

As a raid geared paladin, I have lots of ways to get crazy exp, so don't think much of it. The mission won't scale up past 110, so exp will get worse as we level, so not sure if it needs to be nerfed or not without seeing the exp scale of 111-115. I know that soloing with lesson on I probably get, like 250? aa in a run, which does feel high. But not everyone can true solo there either, so don't want to hurt the non-raiders.

To be honest, I like simple easy missions like this. Good for people coming back to catch up with, but mainly because it pushes some of the worst people to deal with out of the static zones, so we don't have to deal with them.
    Dsuna, eepok, Xeladom and 3 others like this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I want to say a change made in House of Thule neutered Fellowship XP. You're just throwing away XP for no gain to anyone. ;)
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

This is ForumQuest, where making things up and salty tirades often yield results. Plenty of “reason” right there, friend.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

I'm just reporting what i experienced this weekend (double exp) on a druid alt with maxed fellowship exp. Believe it or not, it happened. 3 full GMM clears and i went from 103 to 110. Maybe there is something weird in the exp formula? I was in a full group of 6 players each run. We cleared all mobs and claimed the mission reward. 3 of the players were also in the fellowship.

Ah, this might be it - be sure and toggle fellowship exp sharing to OFF when you start taking advantage of the accumulated vitality bonus. If you leave it toggled on, i think part of your exp earnings goes back to other fellowship members.
    Brohg likes this.
  6. Tappin Augur

People were doing Gribbles for a whole 1% exp. They going to end flipping GMM even if they nerf exp.
  7. svann Augur

TBH though, I always wondered why you could do an entire darkness howls clear then drop it before chest and instantly rerun it. That doesnt really sound like something they intended.
    Maedhros likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Will do a test run tonight, but for non-fellowship exp (and this is all that matters):

2 in group, level 110 and 108, the 108 gets 59.45% of the mob exp per kill (20% bonus for 2 members, split goes by level weight).

6 in group, lets just say five 110s and a 108, the 108 would get 35.45% of the mob exp per kill (80% bonus, divided by 5 instead of 6, weighted by level).

Thinking about it, fellowship is supposed to cap at 5x exp for level exp and 3x exp for aa exp, but stored vitality caps at 10x your level exp (not enough to go 10 levels, but 10x your current level). So I guess you could gain 177.25% exp per mob kill in that scenario of a 108 in a group of 6. Bonus exp from lesson/serverwide bonuses are added on top, not multiplicative, so that would be 212.7% exp per kill exp with lesson going or 248.15% exp per kill with lesson/dbl exp on.

So maybe you could go pretty far with that, but you'd have had to have built up a ton of vitality, probably taking 20 missions with that alt offline in order to gain enough to max a 105+ alt?

Would be faster to just have done the missions with the alt in it, because of the exp waste in the conversion from your exp to their vitality.

So using fellowship seems to be more a way to level a secondary alt, or to just put a lot of work to brag about how fast you leveled, for those into that.

So I think fellowship exp is a moot point. But I am interested in messing around, as someone with like 30 alts. Can't gain vitality in a maxed character either, so also moot for leveling to max on your main when expansion drops.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I think the problem is, they are allowing you to drop after a named spawns or not, and where it pops in the mission, it doesn't change anything if they locked after the next step was completed, you just have to drop missions faster, causing more server lag.

They have pointed out that "abuse" is different, but never defined it, so flipping instances on expansion drop would be at your risk. Had a friend that flipped DoDH missions beaming drachnids when, I think SoF? came out, leveled super fast. Someone petitioned him, they suspended him a week, when he came back they had rolled him back to 75. Really lame.

It took me about 3 hours to go from 100 to 105. Took me maybe 4.5 hours to go from 105 to 110. There are ALWAYS ways to do it. I feel its too good, but at the same time, is the juice worth the squeeze on nerfing this? Really depends on the content available in the next expansion to me.
  10. Petalonyx Augur

Yes, the 103 druid was maxed vitality. She's been on the sidelines while i did run 60+ GMM, plus other TBL, ROS, and TDS content.

You state that we can't bank vitality on maxed characters. Do you know if maxed characters take some 0 exp rezzes and bank vitality for expansion release?
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I want to say they set it up where your max vitality is capped at 10x your current level exp (so if level 70 takes 1000 exp, you can save 10000 exp, but since level exp goes up so fast, its maybe a couple levels worth total exp saved), but that cap is reduced to max minus current (like, if level 110 took 1000 exp, and you're 980 into it, you can only save 20 vitality)?

Seems worth testing, but the main upshot to me is, its an inefficient use of time and exp.
  12. Allayna Augur

Because flipping HAs for hunter or collections was deemed acceptable gameplay by the dev team while flipping for the end reward (chest) was not.

See: Cactusgate 2018
  13. Tappin Augur

We’re not talking about any exploits or abuse of game mechanics. Flipping HAs for Collectables, EXP, and Names has been deemed acceptable. Currently, the problem is that MOBs are too easy and give too much EXP. No one should be able to tank 24 MOBs in the current expansion.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Patch notes, December 17, 2019:

Greetings adventurers! Unfortunately a giant snowball from the new expansion has traveled to Gnome Memorial Mountain and has destroyed the zone. The gnomes will be busy during the next 60 days rebuilding everything.

Therefore, Gnome Memorial Mountain will be inactive and on hiatus for the next 60 days.
    Mintalie and Whulfgar like this.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Or, we could just not care. Because, who cares how quickly or easily people get the XP for the new levels (or new alts, or new AAs, or whatever)? It. Doesn't. Matter.

No matter what is done, there will be 115s by day 3 of new expansion. That's just how it works.
  16. Bamboompow Augur

Just be sure that you get all your levels and all your augs etc done for ALL your characters before demanding the Devs take away that zone or nerf it into a ghost town. Easy mode has to work to YOUR advantage foremost, and not the unwashed casual peasants.

Also, be sure to NOT publicly post on any threads that heroic character levels should be increased, that such and such needs boosts or an easy mode be applied elsewhere when you determine you need the game to give you a gift just for being you. Keep that on the DL. Maintain standards. PM the devs in private.....

If you are going to be a elitist jerk, at least be a consistent elitist jerk. *shrug*
    Flatchy likes this.
  17. Froger Lorekeeper

fellowship exp bonus is 500%,labor day bonus exp was another 100%. at that point it really didnt matter where you went. you were going to level fast..
  18. jiri_ Augur

Indeed. If anything, the experience rewards for everything under 100 should be increased. There hasn't been much point in being anything other than max level for a long time now.
  19. Fian Augur

I think GMM DH is a good thing. We used to have COTF Dead Hills 3 HA as a leveling place. It was then capped at level 100, so we have been needing a place to run a HA that takes about 30 min (a Lesson run). I think these common water holes is good for the game, as it helps the less connected to find groups.

GMM DH might need some tuning (less exp, not harder mobs pls), but it should keep its place as fastest way to get exp for a 30 min run.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. Tappin Augur

Not sure what your issue is - I think everyone is expecting a nerf at some point (maybe it won’t happen). All I am asking is for the Devs not to make the same mistake as with CoTF.