GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Tappin Augur

The new expansion is few months away with a much anticipated level change, and I am sure that most people will end up level in GMM by flipping HAs. Obviously, the GMM HAs will need some type of change. I don’t care if you make the Mobs harder, or change the overall EXP from killing things. However, placing the majority of EXP contingent on completing the HA is absolutely NOT acceptable. Placing a minimum play time to get any benefit from your current play session is one of the top reasons that so many detest HA expansions. So, go ahead and get the nerfs out of the way, but try to do it way that we don’t have a repeat of CoTF.
    ‘Nuff said.
  2. Maedhros High King

The Darkness howls is definitely way too much exp for way too little risk. 100% needs to be addressed before the next expansion.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I don't really care about what happens to GMM but I'm much less motivated to get best in slot group gear in the next expansion after spending so much effort to do so in TBL and then seeing equivalent gear handed outike candy with GMM.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Convenient to suggest GMM be nerfed after you've had your fill - screw everyone else, right?

Leave it the way it is.
    Ferriciean, Vdidar, Atlans and 22 others like this.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Grab some popcorn, friends. This one should be FQ Gold.
    Winnowyl, IblisTheMage, Sorox and 6 others like this.
  7. LheoXX New Member

Tappin chars should get a nerfed GMM exp flag :)
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Leave it as it is, there isn't a 105 hot zone, so make the GMM zone the hot zone for 105.
    Andarriel likes this.
  9. Raccoo Augur

I'm against any sort of change to GMM DH mission, as whenever nerfs are done they are heavy-handed, and change several factors instead of just one, like they did with the shaman dot nerfs.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Next expansion won't be have super anniversary content so I think you are safe until the next milestone.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  11. Stephen51 Augur

Lock the task as you get it.
    Faelthos and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. svann Augur

All they need to do is make the xp in the new expac better than gmm and increase the xp needed to level.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Andarriel like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Now I wonder if exp is a 32 bit or 64 bit number? :)
    Fanra, jeskola and svann like this.
  14. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

... or you know, make it more worthwhile to grind out the exp in the new zones through a temporary bonus that only applies to those new zones. Leave the new zone bonus up for the 1st month or two.
    No matter what they do, people are going to blow right through those 5 levels so why care if it's in GMM or someplace else. They'll simply find a new better way to do it. Plus it simply won't matter all that much after the first couple of months anyways.

I think it would be nice if they could leave GMM or missions like those for people that can't initially handle the new zones or people that still need to level their TBL chase loot. Then provide an incentive to actually be in the new zones for those that can handle it and don't need to level the TBL chase loot.

They already removed the exp for killing the gnomes, so the only other reasonable change that should be looked at is like a 1 hour lockout timer at request to stop the GMM Darkness Howls mission from continuing on as the new whack-a-mole mission that gets flipped nonstop. That would give someone Fight Fire, Darkness Howls, the other GMM mission that nobody does and a few others (hopefully a few in the new expansion) to rotate through if they want to.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Think of the poor casuals. Just leave it be. Those folks that grind out to 110 in FM are better able to have reliable time management to be productive when they play. That's important. They pay for subs and buy expacs, too.
  16. Nniki Augur

They changed both HP and XP to a 64-bit unsigned integer around the same time iirc. (edit: maybe signed for HP)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thanks makes sense.
  18. Petalonyx Augur

I'm glad someone brought this up.

GMM is a lot more exp than other options. For those that have optimized the GMM farming, it's many hundreds of AA per hour.

With bonus exp and fellowship exp, i went from lvl 103 to 110 in just 3 darkness howls missions, or about 1.5 hours. How many hours will it take to make 115? 3 hours? That seems too fast to me.

There's lots of adjustments that could be made. Lockout adjustments, exp reward adjustments, exp required to lvl/AA in expansion, etc.

If no adjustments are made, nothing catastrophic will happen, but many will be max lvl and AA in very short order at expansion release. Whether that is overall good for the game, im not sure.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

I played my 101 wiz through 2 or 3 of these this weekend, with a group of friends, had a chanter aura and lesson going for some of it. I got to 103 and we cleared everything, so I think you may be exaggerating a small bit
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Petalonyx Augur

Nope. 103 to 106 in one GMM. 106 to 109 in a second. And a final one took me from 109 some distance into 110.

I did say fellowship exp sharing was included. That stuff is pretty insane.