So just to confirm are account transfers gone for good?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

/em snickers
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Never ever will that be lived down....
  3. Cicelee Augur

It already was nerfed a couple months ago. You want the belt nerfed even more?????

OK, I suppose I can get it changed to 10% instead of the 25% it is at. As long as the FQ community looks at post 3816318 from member 2830 when assigning blame...
    Fanra and Mintalie like this.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Triggered? :D

/huggles so cute
  5. Cicelee Augur

No. I am not the one still whining and crying about something that happened four months ago and feel the need to keep bringing it up in any thread that a certain someone responds in.

To me, that is the definition of triggered- "O I see Cicelee posted in accounts transfer thread, let me attack Cicelee for belt nerf!!!1!"...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

kek
    Duder likes this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Oh, we’ll bring it. In fact, It’s already been brought’n.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

So if.. you knew you were going to b switching toons alot..

Why would you not simply make an entirely new account as it is rather then hoping they fix account to account transfers?
  9. Brohg Augur

[IMG]
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

[IMG]
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  11. AcemoneyFV Augur

Doesn't matter, they'll still tell you it's broken the next day.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It is rather simple. They, as would I, have no desire to start a new character and level them up, re-obtain the quested gear & items as well as spells & tomes, re-max out skills and TSs as needed, and any of the myriad of other things that would be necessary to do on a character which has been around for many cases over a decade or even two. Now, if they were to reimplement account transfers then that means there is none of that and you can play both your main and the other character at the same time.

Also, I still do not believe that there is any coding issue involved, it is a knowledge issue. Account to Account transfers were never automated, they have always been done manually. The people who used to do it as well as those who were knowledgeable in how to do it with without corrupting the account are all no longer with the company. This is not something that you can just hire someone and they can look at some code and "figure" it out. It requires a lot of trial and error, and starting it back up without knowing the ins and outs will likely result in numerous accounts being corrupted which is not a good thing, so it makes more sense for them to continually put off bringing it back.
  13. LDEffectsMe Augur

I don't know how the "official" version of EverQuest is coded, but... When it comes to EQEmu, changing characters from one account to another was just a simple matter of changing an "account_id" number in the "characters" table from one account to another, then the character switched accounts. Nothing else was broken, because items, spells, etc... were all coded to the "character_id" and not the "account_id" itself. Now, it got a little more complicated if you were moving a character from one server to another, because then you actually did have to copy everything over and assign a new "character_id" number to the toon and all of their tables, but each one could still be done in about five minutes. I would say probably ten minutes on EQ Live, if I had to guess, because there's a lot more expansions than EQEmu and probably more tables to update. (There's guides of how to do this on EQEmu if you search Google.)

Now, while I know that EQEmu allegedly came about by reverse engineering EverQuest and they didn't have the original code, I would imagine the process on the official back end can't be much different... It's more likely that Daybreak doesn't want to pay someone to manually review all of those tickets and update the "account_id" on all those characters.
  14. Bamboompow Augur

Interns don't need to be paid and its perfect work for them.
    Mintalie likes this.
  15. Derd Augur

I'm not sure I'd want unpaid intern Looking into all the account info needed to make sure each account was on and paid for by the same person. Of course a lot of people want to be able to sell these Character without having to sell the whole account so that doesn't accomplish what they want anyway.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No allegedly about it. All of the Emulators of EQ were reverse engineered. How they handle account info has no relation to how official EW does so. Additionally, official EQ has a lot more things that are tied to your account than what any EQ would.
  17. Mistweave New Member

Just another vote to reinstate account to account transfers. I started 6 alt toons on the same accounts as my main toons (back when you could transfer) and was going to transfer them to 6 new accounts when they came of age. While this was happening transfers were stopped. On a TLP servers so Heroic not an option and with keys and such still being needed not wanting to spend the time to roll new toons. However, am willing to give DB the $25 per toon plus the subscription money on 6 new accounts. Seems like there are a few of us in this boat of just waiting to give DB money for this service. Seems someone in DB should look at this as a revenue maker. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed.