Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. AcemoneyFV Augur

Best suggestion in this thread. Let's make it happen. :D
  2. Brohg Augur

Do Not Want.

It's already a pain in the unmentionables to get un-shrunk, y'all would make me reroll my gd character 5 times per night
    sauron3030 and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Mehregan New Member

Sorry if it has already been said ...
    How about creating a merchant in the new expansion who would trade stuff like furniture or whatever in exchange of achievement points ?
    It would reward players like me who don't play a lot but like to complete old zones. I have been buying so far every expansion but my highest char is 86...( been playing since Kunark box edition, still own the little iksar figure ...) and would give a little bonus goal for casual players ?
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Mercenary AAs to unlock new stances.

Clerics:
    Resurrection - Under this stance the mercenary will cast no other spell but resurrection. They will even resurrect during combat in this stance.
    Buffer - Under this stance the mercenary will only rebuff. They will even rebuff during combat in this stance.
    Reactive - Group - Under this stance a high value will be put on group heals

Tanks:
    Aggressive - Area - Under this stance they focus on AE Aggroing
    Defensive - Under this stance they gain additional mitigation but less aggro

Also a command to /swap Slot Itemname. This would equip the named item in the specified slot, and bag whatever you currently have equipped in that slot.

Currently we have Bandolier for weapons, but there are other equippable slots that are valuable to swap quick. Waist, Chest, etc. It would be nice to be able to cycle in items with a command that can be placed in a hotkey.
  5. Cadira Augur

And yet another Deflection from Ninelder, to try and distract us all from the idea that you're....probably just flat out wrong. Maybe you ....literally....need to Git Gud?

If your tanks don't need mez -- don't mez. There's a million different things you can do than sit there and try to mez all day.

I LOVE having a cc'er in my group at all times, be it a bard, chanter, even ranger/druid/shaman can do some cool stuff to keep my SK alive at times where I'd otherwise die. Sure we can tank lots of mobs at a time, but we can only do it so often most of the time as it requires pushing buttons. Just like all other classes can push some buttons to do some amazing things.

If you'd spend less time typing out a 300 page novel for us to read with each of your forum posts, you'd probably have more time to use your entire tool kit to fill in the needs of your group.

I await your response as to what kind of argument technique I used against you!
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Axxius Augur

There is no pleasing 'people like you'. You don't like the game, don't want to play it and don't want to pay for it. You want to stop wasting your time? Then stop. Nobody is forcing you.

There is no reason why the devs should spend a minute of their time doing anything for you when they can develop the game for those who actually like it.
  7. Faelthos New Member

Significantly increased drop rate of rk ii. spells. I'm not really a raider, so maybe rk iii spells as well?

The ability for a group geared TBL character to walk into the expansion and be able to handle t1 stuff without getting face stomped. Raid gear shouldn't make current group content trivial. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, as I am not a raider, but if it is, it should be addressed. I do see some people tanking multiple (5-6) current mobs, which to me, is a bit ridiculous. 2, maybe 3 would be acceptable. More than that, the class is probably OP.

Progression in TBL was wonky, but I liked that you could campfire in alts/friends who didn't have the progression done. I prefer more straightforward progression, rather than requiring a t2 zone to finish t1 progression. The temporary timer for a smoke trial was junk, and I think certain trials were more difficult than they needed to be for a gateway zone to tier 2.

Alternate ways to progress. I personally hate missions. I have since you came out with them in ldon. I'd rather sit in a spot and grind for hours on end than do a 20 minute mission to "progress". Note: This doesn't mean grinding for 560 hours to raise a faction to amiable. This just means, something that can be accomplished within 5-10 hours of gameplay, instead of a single mission. Collect 200 Whatevers... Kill 500 whatevers. Something... other... than... missions. Preferably in a spot with named mobs, so that I also have the chance to upgrade spells/gear.

Named should be slightly more common, especially when their drop rates aren't great to begin with. It's not fun camping a spot for a namer that doesn't seem to ever want to spawn. Drop rates seem ok, the name just needs to spawn more often.

Please don't repeat GMM where you make all the "non-visible" group gear and weapons from a current expansion obsolete with a single zone.

Tone down the power-creep!!! Things used to get better from expansion to expansion. Now, it's leaps and bounds. There's really no need for such giant leaps. I remember when going up from 10 damage on a weapon to 15 was a big deal. We don't need to go from 200 to 400 to 600 in a single expansion, from tier 1 to tier 2. Yes this is exaggerated. It still applies to show my point.

People will hate me for this, but I think we need a re-balance of the classes/gear/abilities. Some need to be brought up to speed, others slowed down a bit. Why don't we see many of certain classes anymore. Those are the ones that need a tweak upwards. SK's, Mages, and Berserkers are everywhere... maybe they need to be toned down. The rest should probably get looked at to see where everything fits in with your design scheme.

There shouldn't be a need for more than 24 "active" hotkeys in my opinion. I'd personally say 12, but i think some people wouldn't know what to do with themselves if it were that limited. Please consider consolidating some AAs once again, or make them passive buffs or auras or something.

Make DBC tradeable for accounts you own. It's annoying wanting a heroic character, and having 1000, 1000, 2000 DBC on 3 accounts, and not being able to combine it :D

Bring back Account to Account character transfers.

An anger proc on warrior's weapons that is AOE hate without damage.

I'd like to see some big open zones, like Halls of Honor, or Bastion of Thunder. Lots of room to kite/pull.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Requiesce Journeyman

Some complimentary education for you:

Title of this thread: Wishes for the next expansion
    Bullet point: Group content tuned for group geared players
    My favorite part, the math: My wish for the next expansion is that group content is tuned for group geared players

The last part is pretty simple, we just take your statement "pleasing 'people like you'" and add it to the front:

To please 'people like [me]', my wish for the next expansion is that group content is tuned for group geared players.

I can't really make assumptions around things you "get" if you got hung up there. But for other reasonably sharp folks:

TBL was poorly tuned for folks not coming in with RoS raid gear. Pragmatically, it virtually deprecated the feasibility of mercenary tanks which is indicative that group-content was not tuned for group players. Bottom line, I should not be running around with TBL Tier 1 gear getting one-shot by AoEs in Tier 2.

I pay the same, if not more, to play the game than you do, and there are others that feel the same way (Google it). Though, I'm positive DBG isn't convening meetings over Axxius' thoughts and feelings, so I'm going to stop here.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Xyphen and Bigsees like this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You weren't. Unless you were wearing somewhere around CoTF gear, you didn't get one rounded by AoE's. Quit making stuff up. Are there some pretty nasty mobs in TBL? Yes. There were some pretty nasty mobs in every expansion.
    Axxius likes this.
  10. Allayna Augur

There's already a game appropriate to your game play abilities....

It's called WoW and they're waiting for you.
  11. gotwar Gotcharms

These queue times would imply that WoW isn't waiting for us, we're waiting for WoW :(

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Xyphen Maximum Augur

you do realize tbl tier 1 only puts you slightly above 200k right? a single aoe might not 1 shot but it is pretty close considering how hard the mobs hit

i farmed 2 trials for tier 1 and 3, now im banging my head against mobs in empyr and aalishai that drop downgrades. the tuning seems way off...
  13. Ninelder Augur

Secundum quid. A hasty generalization made by ignoring qualifications.

Example:
    If you had read what I wrote, you would of seen that your reply was addressed and extrapolated upon. Even simplified for the simple-minded.

I don't like having to paraphrase myself. But, if you can understand the issue now that its been reworded into one sentence baby bites; maybe you can positively address the problem instead of just attacking the herald.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I know it does. My Shaman is not all access unless getting AA. I have no problem staying alive. The AE's don't come anywhere close to one shotting him. The DoT's don't come anywhere close to one shotting him. I kill in places like Mearatas all the time. I've killed every named in TBL multiple times. So yes, I do realize how many HP tier 1 gear has.
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I hate to defend the whiners... but tanks, in particular, are at a disadvantage in group gear. a shaman can easily survive AoE's and DoTs because we're not also taking the massive melee damage a tank is. so saying that group gear is fine because your non-tank can survive aoes in response to his saying a tank gets rounded is comparing apples to howitzers.

that being said, a current content group geared tank should not be getting rounded by a group mob, even in TBL. if a tank hits their buttons to make things mad the mobs will stay off the dps, and hits the ones that make them take less damage gooder.. they won't get 1rounded =).
  16. Raccoo Augur

Fluttering Ruby Prince is one of the few named in TBL that can one-shot my group geared alt SK. I've tried dry tanking, auto skill turned off. Still somehow he kills me (I assume with the Fire Trap). On the flip side, pets have no problem tanking him.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

But that's not what they're saying. They're saying the AE's one round them. Which is simply exaggerating things. Tanks most certainly would have difficulty if they had T1 gear, didn't push buttons on certain T2 named. (not all of them though... so again.. exaggeration)
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Fire Trap mobs can one round *ANY* tank.
    Koryu and Axxius like this.
  19. Cadira Augur

So uh, CC when you're with a non tank and don't CC when you are with a tank. Got it. And in most situations, as I mentioned, I love having a CC'er with my raid geared sk and cleric healing him so I would say you're wrong on your assertions that tanks don't ever need CC.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The reason you are seeing downgrades would have to be GMM which was an intentional loot pinata for the anniversary celebration. From what I have seen non vis gear would otherwise be an upgrade.