Tradeskill window not showing recipes - blank (invisible) text

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Wisperin, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Wisperin New Member

I'm having an issue where there is no text showing in the list of recipes of any tradeskill container but the recipes themselves are still there. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting, using different characters all with the same result. This is with the default UI. All other windows seem to be showing text. Any suggestions are appreciated.[IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Is there any chance you have the columns smushed together? Try hovering around the column header area and see if you can expand it.
  3. Wisperin New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. It is not showing any names in the column header and if I hover over the "|" to expand the column I get the "double sided arrow mouse over" popup but it is locked and will not move. Very strange The "|" is stuck all the way to the left.

[IMG]
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Is your window locked? Right click on blank area on top and see if locked is checked. I can't see your pics so not sure.
  5. Wisperin New Member

Nope, the window is not locked but the column headers are locked. I cant size them at all. It shows a column divider but it is stuck all the way to the left and I can't drag it to the right. Sorry I am having trouble figuring out how to link a pic from the internet. If I right click on the "IMG" and open in a new tab it shows the picture. [IMG]
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Just a thought. Perhaps you could delete the UI file(s) that relate to tradeskills and let them be downloaded again. Apologies for not having the name(s) of the relevant files at hand.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I can see the pics now - I have to right click on them and select view image.

So I don't see any recipe in the top part where you search? Where it says "partial name" what happens if you type in something very basic like eggs?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its odd that your UI shows 0 on your brewing skill.

And down by combine it says "make" but I use the game UI and mine says "make all"
  9. Wisperin New Member

I tried deleting the whole default UI folder and letting it download it all again. Here is a picture of a different character searching for all "juice" recipes. They clearly are there. I just can't see the text or expand the columns... hmmm I'm perplexed so far. Thank you guys for trying to help! It's much appreciated. [IMG]
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

One last shot - Check on the general options screen, see if "Allow Context Menus" is clicked on
  11. Wisperin New Member

Yes, it was checked. I managed to fix it by installing EQ to another drive. I still don't know what was wrong but thank you all for helping me!:)