So just to confirm are account transfers gone for good?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Traxen Lorekeeper

I've seen different statements here and would like to know once and for all, are character transfers to different accounts permanently gone?
  2. Tucoh Augur

Nah.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

This has been answered while back. While they can't say the account to account transfures are gone for good.

They lack the current time and resources to fix the issues that caused them to stop being able to do them at this time.

I forget exactly what dev but I'm pretty sure that was the response. Tho admittedly I may be wrong with out a dev to Reiterate.. what I've just iterated.. hahaha
  4. Tobynn Augur

Its been "broken" for what? two years now? As i recall acct to acct transfers have always been a manual undertaking, so I'm not sure how it could have "broke" since there was no integrated system. Someone could still manually do this, seems its just no longer allowed.
    Beimeith and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I've always been of the understanding that it is more that the people who knew how to do it are no longer with the company and that no one else really has had the time to go in and figure it out.
  6. Febb Augur

It wouldn't be that hard to figure out. They have programmers that can do it. Most likely the code needs to be rewritten but their development schedule is booked full and they don't think it's a high enough priority to clear some of their schedule to fit it in.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It dun gone bruh...
  8. Monkman Augur

Word on the street is that there will be a temporary (maybe similar to the lifetime membership deal) account to account transfer. My guess is they probably will wait until after the expansion drops as anyone that would want to transfer characters to another account would have to have the same expansions unlocked for both accounts (just like before) meaning more expansions sold.

Again this could all be untrue. But from what I’m hearing it will be a temporary thing.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Interesting way to repost the account transfer question.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

I could see them getting it fixed for server mergers and saying its temp since they might not know what new change would break it after the mergers take place. but this is my guess not any info.
  11. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Why can't I get the Kansas "Dust in the Wind" lyric out of my head with regard to this thread?
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Please reacquire your [character(s)] through gameplay.
    Fanra, code-zero, Cicelee and 2 others like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

14. Whulfgar Augur

I do not understand why this is even wanted.. but to each they own..
  15. Moege Augur

It is on the list right behind necro revamp soon as time and motivation allows.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just a little further..
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's "broken" the same way McDonalds' ice cream machines "break" every night when they don't want to serve it anymore.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sancus and Duder like this.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't know where someone would have received this information, but I've heard from multiple people these past few years that the concern was people selling characters. So either there's a complete over-reaction to this by DBG, because word of a few people doing this happened or DBG decided they wanted to sell more Heroic toons instead for revenue if people are just going to sell toons anyway. Again, there is no reason any of what I have said effects the decision or any "inability" to execute account to account transfers.

The amount of money from an added sub and purchase of expansions and any cash shop transactions is simply too great for DBG to pass up on. People are going to risk buying toons whether account to account exists or not. That's fact. I don't know why people would pay a dollar for an EQ toon - what fun is that? I value my time as much as anyone but I guess I'm not that lazy haha :)
  19. Cicelee Augur

I have a 110 monk on the same account as my magician. I have not touched the monk in a year because I am still doing stuff on the magician.

It would be nice to move the monk to my box bard account so that I can play the monk every now and then...
    Mintalie likes this.
  20. Warpeace Augur

Only if you have the Monks belt nerfed during the transfer.
    Fanra, Sancus, Duder and 4 others like this.