Explorer Achievement Issues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qbert, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Qbert Gallifreyan

Will you please consider changing the following explorer achievements to be optional? Since they are a part of the larger TBL chase item achievements (and potentially future, similar, items), it is overly burdensome to include these as required:

Housing Explorer:
    • House (Bixie Hive) Traveler
    • House (Evantil's Abode) Traveler
    • House (Hermit's Hideaway) Traveler
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Two of the three houses listed above are no longer obtainable (Call of the Forsaken and Rain of Fear collector's edition items). On my server (Brekt . . . or even its predecessor, Quarm), the houses were never obtainable since the server launched in 2017 (or July 2016 if you prefer to count Quarm). The same is true for all of those TLP servers, should any of them ever reach the expansion(s) where this issue becomes relevant.

The third house is "purchased" via LoN packs and not reasonably available (and not available for the majority of the year, given the rotation of packs).

The precedent for excluding this subset of houses is twofold:
    • The ship house "Wayward Lady" that was a collector's edition item from The Darkened Sea is not even listed (required or optional) in the achievements window.
    • The Light/Dark Wedding chapels that are directly for sale on the marketplace are flagged as optional.
    If, for some unknown reason, you do not want to make these achievements optional, please consider adding the houses directly to the marketplace for sale. I do not have the ability to pay to leave the server (Brekt - no transfers off), so there are no other options for me to complete these achievements.

The precedent for this less-than-ideal alternative is that two of the four guild halls are only obtainable by purchasing them from the marketplace and all four are associated with non-optional traveler achievements.
    Jhenna_BB, Brohg, Dzarn and 3 others like this.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

Ask on your server who has them open for the /ach
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

You mean the 50 or so people on the server? Heh, I may or may not be able to find them, but that isn't and shouldn't be the point. These are limited-availability houses that were not obtainable from day 1 on the server. The only possibility is someone never having claimed one and be willing to plant it on a server that they can never leave. That is unreasonable.
  4. MaxTheLion Augur

I concur. I have always had issues with these particular housing achievements. An ever dwindling player base and increased dilution with constant release of new servers, these explorers are almost impossible to get for most current players.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice if they either made them optional or put them in the marketplace.

Or even have a static appear someone where in each neighbourhoood.
  6. Allayna Augur

Easier solution: shut down brekt
    Arraden likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But it isn't just Brekt it is every new server they open.
  8. Moege Augur

There we go fixed it :D

Just kidding !
  9. Punchis-themonk Elder

+1 to making the achievements optional
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I don't think you read why they should be optional. He's right, they should be.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

I did not read the part your on a dead server.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

He's on a server that is impossible to get them. Not just a server with no population. The upcoming TLP servers will also be impossible to get them. So.... yeah, when it's impossible to get something on any server, it should be an optional traveler ach. Not like it would actually hurt anything.
    Wyre Wintermute and Yinla like this.
  13. Willy Loman New Member

I'm all for adding more things to the marketplace that someone might actually buy.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Housing and ldon were the worst achievements for traveler, wouldn't mind seeing them made optional.
  15. Burpo the Clown New Member

Too reasonable. I also think the grand/palatial guild hall achievements should be optional since they are expensive to purchase and not always easy to find one that is open-access.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They're still available to all servers so they really shouldn't be changed. If you ask in your general channel, you'll find a guild perfectly willing to open up their hall to you - even temporarily. Even on the lowest of population servers. Hard to find, or annoying to get shouldn't be a criteria to make them optional.
  17. yosco Augur

I'd be all for getting rid of the housing and LDoN explorer achievements, as well (as requirements for the full explorer completion). Finding all the combos, even with the guides posted here, is just INSANE for the LDoN stuff.... I spent hours and hours and hours on that banging my head against the wall waiting to get assigned the right adventure. At least let us select an adventure, or make it optional.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

LDoN should remain... it's really not that hard to do. And again, "difficult" shouldn't negate having to do it.
    Coagagin likes this.
  19. yosco Augur

It's not the fact that it's "difficult" ... it's the fact that it's arbitrarily difficult for no reason other than instead of "exploring" you're "waiting to happen to be given the right zone format to get the exploration achievement." It's a huge waste of time, effort, and doesn't add anything to the richness of the game. It's a waste in every sense of the word.
  20. Tucoh Augur

The only virtue in keeping ldon is teaching players the value of exploiting instances in EQ.
    Moege likes this.