Test Update 08/13/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Horyuken Augur

We want to reduce lag on riads, this will melt the servers. They would also have to somehow flag this reporting for raid zones only as larger more used zones would report damage from all over causing further server issues.

Honestly I always felt it would be better if the server would produce some stats after a boss dies that people can see if they log in (kind of like battle feed for the battle field games). The way it's done now is pretty ineffecent.
  2. Kardinal Lorekeeper

I would still like to see the damage I am doing with my arrows...
    Yinla likes this.
  3. niente Developer

Can you tell me the name of your bow, arrows, class/level and the name of an NPC you were fighting (for testing)?

Thanks
  4. Kardinal Lorekeeper

Wood Elf Ranger, Level 60
    Bow: Blessed Faydark Thunderbolt
    Arrow: CLASS 2 Ceramic Hooked Arrows (4 dmg, 150 range)
    Mob: a belligerent guardsman, servant of the magistrate (anything around main gate camp in Grieg's End)

I see the arrows flying, but no archery damage messages appear.

I do see the damage message from my banestrike ability.
    I do see the damage message from my spells.
    I do see melee damage messages when I go for in for the fight with weapons.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmm, same thing happens if you are out of arrows or are not using magic arrows and the mob can only be hit with magic arrows. But I think that is meant to be in those cases.
  6. niente Developer

I think you may have "my miss other" turned off or going to a hidden chat window/tab. This is the filter that has "You try to shoot a belligerent guardsman, but a belligerent guardsman is INVULNERABLE!"
  7. Kardinal Lorekeeper

A HA!
    That damn arrow is not magical.
    Summoned Arrows work fine.
    Thanks, that clears it up. Sorry for my brain fart here and wasting your time.
    Time to get the REAL arrows from the bank...
    Duder and Brohg like this.