The Ultimate Guide to Paladin Dps

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Metapsyche, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Metapsyche Augur

Step 1. Parse yourself trying really hard and casting lots of spells in the perfect order and using disruptive persecutions on the GCD

Step 2. Parse auto attack and spam disruptive persecution

Step 3. Stop trying to dps as a Paladin...

*tear*
    fransisco and Sathayorn like this.
  2. blinder Journeyman

Looks like I've been over-achieving.
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Metapsyche Augur

Where’d you get the fancy signature banner and how do I get one lol
  4. Allayna Augur

You forgot to hit act of valor....that’s at least 400K dps....to yourself.
  5. p8aa Elder

It would be interesting to see how much DPS a paladin can produce in an ADPS group tailored to maximize his DPS, and also a paladin that is only on DPS duty for the whole event.
  6. code-zero Augur

What would a Paladin centric group look like? I assume that you'll need a Necro to use their spell that turns NPC undead to start.
  7. Metapsyche Augur

The perfect Paladin dps group...

Paladin
    Necro
    Necro
    Shaman
    Bard
    Berserker

And the berserker would still out dps the pally lol.

It basically looks like your typical melee dps group with two necromancers for 100% uptime on undead for slays. Next coal is to maximize melee damage for nasty slay undead crits.

But that’s just my guess.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Allayna Augur

Your better bet would be to add a druid/enc in place of zerker and 1 necro. Increase crit rate, etc

Just enchanter/rog in group today.

/GU General Reparm in 54s, 68579k @1269975 | #1 Paladin + pets 28988k@536.8k (546.9k in 53s) [42.27%]
    code-zero and Metapsyche like this.
  9. Thrillho Augur

500k? Nerf paladins!
    Sheex and Funky like this.
  10. p8aa Elder

What about raid ? Can necros turn undead raid mobs ? If i assume they can't, what would be then the best ADPS group for paladins ? Not asking DPS parse in such group, just curious about the group make up it would be.
  11. Allayna Augur

Good luck getting ANY necro to load that spell....sacrifice necro dps for pally dps, wtf is this guy?
    Funky likes this.
  12. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Uh, I turn stuff undead all the time, on short burns it's basically a nothing sacrifice (and more DPS if you use it for Chromatic Haze), HOD is on for 2m and you can pre-proc proper Chaotic with an eye of zomm, no reason not to use it on stuff like Effortless burn/GMM1 and even Aalishai, there's several events where it's viable without really being a problem, especially when all the clerics and pallies have triggers for when the mob gets turned so they can time their own stuff, way more overall DPS on short fights. Ask Nicer?
  13. Allayna Augur

Interesting. A nothing sacrifice you say....would turning a mob undead....negate sumac by chance?
    menown likes this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Uncalled for, sir.

Instead, let us all humbly call for “Balance” to the Paladin class in light of this new, egregious and damning evidence from one person’s 60s parse!

I also have a level 75 Paladin alt in full tss raid gear, so I’m clearly a member of the Paladin community and know exactly what I’m talking about and the devs therefore should listen to me.

As is ForumQuest tradition.
  15. Repthor Augur

im disapointed she lived for 45 seconds =(, can we adress that
  16. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Effluvium Plant dmg: 5954 vs Destiny Undead dmg: 5431
    Liquefaction Plant dmg: 4909 vs Fates Undead dmg: 4062
    Lower corruption dots don't even warrant mention

During a full burn you'd lose about 30-50k DPS (I'm being very generous here) swapping Effluvium/Liquefaction for bottom of the order spells, while gaining a significant boost to Scourge of Destiny and Scourge of Fates (About 3/4 of what you just lost). So ya, a pretty nothing sacrifice for 2-3 Necros to not use corruption on short events and turn stuff undead for a massive boost to the pallies and clerics. A good cleric can burn for 2-300k on effortless, nevermind the Pallies, vs like a *Maybe* 30k cumulative loss for the necros? Not really an argument
  17. menown Augur

The real benefit from Sumac is:

1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 2% to 12% (Before Crit)
    5: Limit Resist: Fire

This benefits far more classes than just those who benefit from turning the NPC undead. You want a Druid casting Sumac on every raid boss possible.
  18. Brohg Augur

for short events, that effect is superceded by a chain of Season's Wrath > Elemental Arrow > Volatile Arrow AAs
    Scornfire and menown like this.
  19. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Edit: Brohg got to it.
  20. josh Augur

Just so it's clear in case anybody seriously thinks pally dps needs to be nerfed. Any parse you see of a pally over 500k is going to include 2 abilities one of which only lasts one minute and both have a 20 minute cooldown.

I would be genuinely shocked if a pally could produce a parse anywhere near that in a parse lasting more than 5 minutes, even if it was undead. swarming also not included of course.

We are good for a one minute burn every 20 minutes, and that's about it.