Why are Halfing Druids not Welcome in Plane of Growth?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Dear Developers,

I would like to know why Halfing Druids are not welcome in the Plane of Growth?

This plane is utterly useless for us. There is are no weapon or armor drops for druids on any of the mobs. There is one quest for a druid, the Gloves of the Earthmelder and since Haflings cannot worshp Tunare this quest is pointless. Going to the zone if you are a halfing druid is pointless.

So what's the point of a halfling druid even going there? If you help your guild kill mobs, you'll just become KOS to Tunare and most of the elves in Greater Faydark. It's a lose lose situation.

Rangers and druids who worship Tunare are also out of luck in the Plane of Growth because outside of a few quests there is no loot there.

Who thought it was a good idea to make two classes useless in this high level raiding zone? Probably the same person who thought it would be cool to divide the guild up into groups of 3 for the Plane of Time.

If any zone in Norrath should be dropping nature based gear it should be in POG. This is utterly mind-boggling that after all these years, nothing has been done to fix this problem.

Why not do something interesting in POG? Have some kind of rivarly between Karana and Tunare where both lay claim to the zone. Whomever wins gets to rule the roost for a week and quests open up for followers of Karana and/or Tunare and others.

Quick Fix Suggestions:
    • Put some quests in for hafling druids or maybe just make some druid quests that don't require any deity
    • Have the POG mobs drop crafting reagents that can be crafted into armor for druids and rangers by tailors and smiths
    • Make the Gloves of the Earthmelder (and all other quests) non-deity specific
    • Give all druids a port to POG, at least make us useful, wizards get ports to 2 planes (Sky and Hate), druids don't get port to any planes
    Thanks for your time and consideration on this matter!
  2. sumnayin Augur

Quick Fix Suggestion:
    • Be a race that worships Tunare.
  3. code-zero Augur

It's called lore, a Druid raiding PoG is like doing a home invasion of your grandparents house
  4. Zanarnar Augur

I'd agree if the same held true for Dark elves invading Hate and ogres in fear. (as someone with no dog in this fight.. agnostic vahshir has none of these issues) It does seem oddly one-sided. To be more fair, it should make them KoS in growth but nothing else.. and Innoruuk worshiping inkys and CT ogres/trolls should not be KoS by default in their respective planes ;)
    Brontus likes this.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Druids can’t wear a +3 FT 100 mana CLR/SHM/Druid, ALL earring???

Guess I’ll make sure none of them try to outbid the clerics on it then.
    Graethos likes this.
  6. Iyacc Augur

Yeah, why would you want to help your guild if there's nothing in it for you.

Factions are overrated - kill em all.
    Graethos likes this.
  7. Bewts Augur

If... there’s nothing worthwhile for your character in the zone dependent on faction... why would you care if you ruin it there?

In short order, starting city factions become generally irrelevant when they introduce Luclin and later, PoP.

Your faction woes are short lived my furry footed and pot bellied friendz
  8. NoWay Augur

Druid gloves.
  9. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Exactly!

First off, what happens in PoG should stay in PoG. Why should anyone lose faction with Wood Elves in Kelethin for killing mobs in the far away PoG?

The faction loses are brutal, you get 200 negative faction hits for killing one trash mob in PoG. What's the point of that? Also, there's no way to rebuild that faction from what I have heard.

Dark Elves don't lose faction in Neriak for killling mobs in Hate but are KOS by default anways.

Ogres don't lose faction in Ogguk for killing mobs in Fear but they are KOS by default anyways.

I don't expect much from the EQ devs but I do expect some consistency and fairness on how faction works. Having good faction should mean something with special rights and privileges and rewards according to those who've worked it up. The converse should be true of those with bad faction. This is basic MMO design 101.

Lots of people say that Velious is one of SOE finest expansions ever made. I'm not so sure. At least when it comes to PoG, it certainly wasn't their finest hour.
  10. Sathayorn Augur

I can think of multiple reasons to dislike someone for mass murder. The fact that you can't says something about you as a person. Seek help.
  11. VandilIzer Augur

Either go help your guild mates and get over it or don't. They arent gonna go back and change 18 year old content for 1 specific class/race combo, and the more hilarious thing is in era we had elves who went in did the raids had fun and lost faction to their HOME city, you're not even losing that since it does nothing to hurt your home faction.

PoG is by far the worst raid content in Velious, yeah there are a few items from it but the whole place just sucks, if you care about the faction, which honestly I am unsure why you do since your home isnt even in a elven city, then dont go. If you dont care about PoG faction but do care about the Elf cities, you can repair that with muffins / CB clears.
  12. Lemerian Elder

Plane of hate now has pog equivalent gear for druids, rangers, and paladins. Easily groupable fwiw. That was the compromise.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

A decade or more ago my wife played a high elf cleric. Mostly she would only play when I was playing but one day I got home from work and she said, "I went on a Plane of Growth raid with the guild today."

"Uh... hope you don't like Felewithe anymore." ;)
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Meridian Augur

Even when I played this expansion originally, PoG did seem like kind of an afterthought. I had fun bumping around there, but it seemed rather hastily thrown together.
    Brontus likes this.
  15. Drifter New Member

Heh, I have an issue with agnostic vah shir being able to be shamans. How is that appropriate?
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Don't play druids in classic eq is the best advice we can offer.
  17. phaeril Augur

You can't fix the faction that stays in PoG, you can fix the other faction hits in like 5 minutes, get a grip... of muffins.

Killing the god they worship results in negative consequences with them, worshiping that god lets you be a tracker and helper and there are a few quests. Seems like they have some rewards and some consequences for the first time in the planes. Brilliant!

It is, even PoG is better than hate and fear because they actually made faction matter. Seems like you think it sucks just because you went shartling druid. Also, welcome to velious, the point in time that a halfling druid has no reason to go to kelethin or felwithe. Kill the false god, stop being a silly goose, work on your actual velious faction for armor quests and have a good time. A single zone being basically useless to you is nothing compared to the greatness of velious as a whole.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. code-zero Augur

Are faction locking potions available in the marketplace on Mangler?
  19. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Over the years I've seen lots of white knighting for the devs, but this one is priceless. So you think that's it's acceptable game design that one raid zone is basically useless to a halfing druid? You realize that Tunare won't even allow halfings to worship her?

By the way, great job in cherry picking both of my posts!

How about replying to the other issues I brought up?
  20. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Yes I realize this. The drop rates for this armor are abysmal in Hate. We went up there with a small raid force to farm this armor. We got 1 druid drop, 2 ranger drops and 1 paladin drop in 4 hours. Needless to say, we won't be going back.