Congrats M&M on server first Vulak!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AtabishiRealThe, Aug 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fizon Elder

Oh man did y'all walk in to ToV and kill vulak without any obstacles or keying at all? You guys are just amazing. I mean you actually walked into a zone and killed a mob? You played everquest?

Though BT showing was pretty lousy but.. Expected
  2. AtabishiRealThe New Member

Has counted in multiple expansions across multiple servers. I have a goal post I'd like you to move.
  3. Pleefun Lorekeeper

Woot Zerg magic FTW!! They had to rush here pretty fast to get the post in so everyone knows. Watch out sleeper Zerg magic is going to wake you.
  4. Guzzle Augur

How is Magic and Melee a zerg with just a little over a full raid of active mains? That's the real mystery.

Thank you for the continued fandom, Pleefun. We still have no desire to wake The Sleeper.
  5. Pleefun Lorekeeper

We all know the only reason to go into a DZ instead of OW is because you cant handle a DPS race. Congratz on doing what everyone else can and has done. When you accomplish something that most cant do IE OW Vulak...then come here and pat yourself on the backs!
  6. Moneyshotz New Member

Atabishi did more work last night than any real magic and melee member
  7. Ceffener Augur

I don’t really understand why anyone would want to sit in a zone with 200+ people and watch EQ become the slideshow it does even on modern PCs. But I guess “DPS racing” aka for example, watching Trak die in under 5 seconds is so challenging and fun! Or back on Ragefire watching (well not really) Naggy die before the boss even could draw on the screen!

But hey, you do you. Only reason many TLP players are even around is because DBG finally decided to do instanced raiding. And all that extra money let’s you keep having your slideshow races.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I don't play on Mangler but. Both of those sites list AoS and TFC first because they were the first to kill all 4 Warders. First Sleeper Tomb has been the finish line since Phinny. Ventani with low numbers is the hardest raid in SoV btw.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

20 is still the low number for a Server first clear

[IMG]
  10. Pleefun Lorekeeper

A coirnav guild did the clear week one with 14. Most guilds were 18+ 20 is still very high.
  11. AtabishiRealThe New Member

TFC was not the first to kill warders on coirnav, by a long shot. On phinny it was debated to have sleepers as the end zone but community vote decided for vulak.

1 manning the boss mob of tower of frozen shadow is the hardest raid in SoV btw. Logic.

PS. Just wanted to point out that despite sounding so sure of yourself, you failed to even check to see that TFC didn't kill the warders until a week after RI.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  12. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

Not to mention, for Phinny progress, wouldn't OGC be listed above EoE if that was the case?
    NoWay likes this.
  13. Guzzle Augur

The reason we went into DZ with just mains was because we will spend the rest of the expansion splitting the content without boxes. It will be the only chance I get to raid with almost all of our members at once. We pushed ourselves to move quickly and keep up a strong pace, and we did. Lady Nev was actually a pretty decent challenge with no focus effects and only 72 people. What's the fun, or the challenge, in just zerging everything down?

I am not really worried about DPS racing Bloodthirst, it sounds like Europa spanked you enough and we accomplished what we wanted - getting more keys consolidated to Europa Mangler by reporting your movements and plan to them. If we cared about Open World Vulak we would have dropped our DZ and headed there.

I'll re-iterate again, we don't care about Open World content. We split enough in our DZ's, while having an efficient and light schedule, that we get more than enough loot. I'd probably even say enough to not lose 6 tanks instantly on AoW. Obviously all that loot you guys pull in isn't making its way to your members.

Good luck guys, was a fun launch and we hope every guild, even Bloodthirst, has a great time in Velious. Luclin is only 3 months away!
  14. AtabishiRealThe New Member

Correct. If you remember on Phinny the warders names actually used to be listed out ahead of AoW/Tunare because there was a big debate going on with the order in which the raid mobs should be listed. Phinny eventually settled on Vulak being the expansion win, with Tunare/AoW ahead of ST as the ST zone itself, the loot, and the keying process required to get in being understandably not worthy of a higher spot on the ladder.
  15. Scruff Elder

WAT
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  16. Pleefun Lorekeeper

6 hours to clear the DZ...that's another reason why they didnt do OW. They wouldnt of been able to beat repops!
  17. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

Pretty sure that 6 hours was for everything that is important in all of ToV .. With quite a break that happened after we secured server first .. Keep reaching though pal
  18. Pleefun Lorekeeper

Hey not everyone can be good at a 20 year old game. We understand just stop rushing to congratulate yourself on the forums. Zerg guilds are nothing to be happy about!
    LDEffectsMe likes this.
  19. LDEffectsMe Augur

I don't understand the appeal of being the "first" guild to clear some crap that literally thousands of guilds have done years before you. It's like being the "first" person to "guess" that Darth Vader is really Luke's father in 2019. Everyone already knows every aspect of those raids, it's not that impressive anymore. I mean, I'm not trying to sound like a hater... Congrats on the kill, but I personally could care less that you were first on Mangler... 20 years later. lol.
  20. Moneyshotz New Member

LD is cooler than all of us it seems
    LDEffectsMe and Phinny4Life like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.