Expansion Pre-Order Bonus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Perhaps the upcoming expansion's pre-order bonus has already been decided. If it has not, could the pre-order bonus entice us like an illusion or mount (versus Mearatas Rock Garden of TBL)?

The illusion or mount could be of Lodizal. However, I am betting the Premium edition mount will be a turtle.

[IMG]

This would be a sweet illusion....

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Hayzeus Augur

I want a "snow bunny" illusion. I would even consider coming out of retirement if I could run around as a snow bunny.

Oooh, or a Vorpal Snow Bunny!!!
    Stanton and Benito like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Excellent idea! Yes, classic snow bunny please (not Madness of Stomples model)!

[IMG]

Also, EQ2 Rabbit Mount:

[IMG]

(Not sure it would fit in EQ1 unless heavily armored. lol).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Greymantle Augur

Heh , do you guys recall that spoof someone did about the Snow Bunny hat?
    Greldek and Benito like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

preorder bonuses are usually anti climatic so..... for Velious a giant ice cube you can put in your yard? Maybe an ice sculpture of a giant if we are really lucky. I think we can safely say it will not be anything useful.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

More likely, illusion of a mount.

You try to mount it and nothing happens, cause, you know, it is an illusion.
  7. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I know the answer to this is no, but, teleport clicky!
  8. Sathayorn Augur

Horse Illusion!
    Fanra likes this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

please, I beg the devs no more stupid cactus P***s or condom hats...
    svann, Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It will be something useless, which does nothing to encourage pre orders.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Funky Augur

oh come on... the cactus hat is awesome..gonna be a long while before i take it off my bard's head.. but the jin hat is terrible
    eqgamer likes this.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Umm, I kinda want a Dain Frostreaver mount now. Its early and my brain wasn't really awake when I read the OP and somehow it came up with the vision of my vahshir riding on the dains shoulders as he ran me around zones :p
    Benito likes this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Lol. Best idea! Dwarf mounts!
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I hope the devs read this. We know most core players (group & raid) will buy the expansion no matter what. However, pre-orders will push people "on the fence" - people saving money for holidays, hearing how hard the expac is (open beta info), and/or spending on other games. I think many players nowadays buy the base expansion (unless for the teleport claim - Stratos zoneline is in PoT so it was no biggie) and wait out the year until 50% discounts to upgrade to Collector editions. Pre-order bonuses become more important if seen in this light. I hope we get an illusion or mount this year. Additionally, EQ2 pre-orders have been an illusion w/ unique buff for last several expacs.
  15. Teylana Elder

A house like the tree/bixie/ship ones of the past would be nice.
    MelediWeaver and Elyssanda like this.
  16. Tenken Augur

Probably be (Derakor the vindicator) or (statue of zek/AoW) illusion with it being Kael again and images showing the bridge.

Rabbit mount be kind of interesting, but probably be a direwolf or ice spider :(
  17. Hekaton Augur

the preorder bonus is a sense of pride and accomplishment.
    or maybe a surprise mechanic of some sort

i bet its just a housing item of sorts...maybe a rallos zek wall art or something
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Maybe a caricature painting of the devs. Or something completely pointless.
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

It might be nice to do like what was it . . . Underfoot? We got a few days early access for pre-ordering.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Pre orders last time got you into beta. That's kinda early access