There NEEDS to be a limit of items you can buy on barter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dagum, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Dagum Elder

Currently you can go into barter and set to buy 20000000 Billlion Krono's. Each with their own special buy line, each for a different price.

Buyers then put up multiple buy lines for the same item. There needs to be a limit of 1 item for 1 price per toon. Even if a person buys all 999 of an item and then stops buying the item, that's okay because then it allows for another person to have their buyer up at a different price for the item.

Anyways, I tested this and made a barter guy. I was able to buy in barter unlimited krono's at all different prices. With enough buy lines one can drown out the competition when buying an item.
    Elyssanda and Duder like this.
  2. Duder Augur

Indeed, or 1 buy line for per item type. So if you want to buy 999 krono, that's what is set. Not 999 separate lines for 1 krono to flood other buyers outs.

The system is being abused by people doing this and a limit on buy lines in some manner would prevent this.
    Elyssanda, Smokezz and Dagum like this.
  3. svann Augur

Not understanding how this is abuse. Cant you just see what their highest price is and overbid it?
  4. Colonel Zuppendaff New Member

Svann, You can't overbid them when theyre paying 2m / krono. Sometimes people get lucky and their buy lines come before yours.

We have the same problem on cazic. Two people combined have 70 buy lines for krono. I think the limit for any buy line should be 3, i think that is more than fair.

The problem is, the people buying these kronos with 70 buy lines are redistributing them on (sites that shal remain unnamed) which cuts into DB profits and is literally theft from the rest of the populous. Also some of these krono farmers (not their buyer accounts) are using all silver accounts -- so basically theyre abusing the system with free accounts to screw the rest of us.... Theyre paying nothing to operate an illicit business.

I have a detailed post in The Veterans Lounge titled "bazaar bots on cazic."
  5. Greymantle Augur

Hmm do they actually have the funds available on the toon to process ALL the buy lines?
    That maybe a way to cut it down a bit. If they put up 70 lines at 2 mil plat per , they should have to have 140 million plat ON that toon to advertise. Don't know how hard that would be to code.
  6. Sathayorn Augur

This like, wouldn't even be a problem for the wealthier buyers. The problem isn't whether or not the buyer can afford, it's the fact that they choke out all the other buyers at the same price by abusing a flaw in the game, AKA exploiting, AKA violating TOS.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Hayzeus Augur

Correction: You *had* a thread there. It broke the forum rules, and the mods censored you.
  8. Duder Augur

This is how it is abused.

The bazaar works in the newest trader/buyers lists are listed before others with the same price/buy. So with a buy of 2m for a krono (max), as soon as you pop your buyer up at that price, your name will appear first. But people choke out all other buyers by making a long list of individual buy lines for a single krono.
    Also, making it so that you had the plat to purchase your buy lines would effect it too much IMO. If I want to buy 500 different supplies, and large quantities of them, it shouldn't require I have the platinum for all of it because it can't all be sold to me at once.
    Im not sure what the restrictions are, is it that you have ANY platinum? Do you need to have as much as the most expensive buy line you make?
  9. Duder Augur

I agree that it is an exploit. It is an intentional abuse of a flaw in the system to eliminate competition.
  10. Lianeb Augur

It’s not the abuse of the amount of play that is being discussed.
    Instead of one buy line for 70 Kronos at 2mil
    There are 70 lines of 1 Kronos at 2mil

When a player searches to buy one they get only 1 or 2 sellers due to the way the search feature doesn’t allow duplicates to be removed or excluded
    Gundolin and Sathayorn like this.
  11. Colonel Zuppendaff New Member

Yes, I see I was censored. Jeez what a shame. A magician can boohoo about belts and they’re nerfed game wide the next patch. I complain about people abusing the EUlA and their massive advantage over everyone and my post gets deleted. Maybe the devs are in on it.....

And yes, you have to have enough plat to back up your buy line, but only for that buy line.

Ex: I can make an unlimited number of buy lines for 1 krono, but if I only have 6 mil plat my max single buy line purchase is 3 krono. And really it’s only by chance your buyline will supersede another persons buy line. It doesn’t go by newest over old. However, a person selling a krono in barter can toggle the list order by alphabetical order....

And it’s still a bunch of crap that **** traders are allowed to abuse the bazaar system and force out other players with no repercussions. I’m seriously thinking about just quitting due to lack of customer service on the matter. I, like many other people, pay to play and do so by the rules while everyone else gets a free pass to **** on the community.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Laronk Augur

It's more their name and shame policy. They're not going to suspend people from using a buggy in game system. Really what you need to do is put in a request here in good English with no swearing while using respectful language: https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11500

Something along the lines of, sometimes its hard to setup a barter for items because individuals can setup 70+ buy lines for the same item which makes it harder for other players to setup buyers for the same item.

Don't focus on the fact that the item is a krono because it looks like "I want to spend my gold for free game time but this other guy gets it instead whaaaa it's not fair!" when making a complaint about a system you should avoid terms like fair and "massive advantage" (nothing stops you from making 70 buy lines also)

Also you're going to quit because you can't buy a krono while afk? Just do what I do, pay 10% above market, people will love to sell you something if you pay above market.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Nniki and Coagagin like this.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I am not understanding how this is an exploit or abuse of the system if everybody has an equal opportunity to do the same thing? I'm not saying that the system couldn't be improved, but the complaints come across as: "Somebody else is putting more effort into buying kronos than I want to put in, and they are being rewarded for their effort!"

EDIT: Especially since EVERYBODY/ANYBODY using the broken /barter system to buy kronos on live servers is trying to exploit uninformed buyers. The going rate for kronos on Bristlebane is well above 2 million, but the broken /barter (capped at 2 million) forces uninformed sellers to settle for much less than the fair value.

EDIT EDIT: If you want to fix anything about the /baz, fix the cap! That would alleviate the symptom identified in this thread by fixing the root cause.

Or am I missing something?
  15. Colonel Zuppendaff New Member

I get what youre saying and how it could be interpreted as that. Im guessing you weren't able to see my post which was deleted that went further into the matter than just "bugs" but overt abuse across the spectrum. And no im not going to quit just because I can't buy krono while afk. It boils more down to how the afk ******* are scheming the system without consequence at the expense of everyone else.
  16. Duder Augur

You're so Chaotic Neutral =P
    Nniki and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  17. Febb Augur

If from the same buyer and the item count is greater than 1 for the same item, add all of those item listings to only show the total number from that trader. This will force them to to create more traders if they want to push out competition.
    Duder likes this.
  18. Duder Augur

Best solution yet. I very much hope this change is made.
  19. Sathayorn Augur

Back when blocking the buff from Wars Sheol's Heroic Blade caused it's timer to reset instantly, doing so was an exploit. Every warrior could do it, it was still an exploit.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's right.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Cicelee Augur

To think, after 20 years of playing, I wanted to be remembered as a solid, talented magician who excelled at the class and was in the conversation for being one of the top magicians in the game.

And instead, I am remembered for something I did not ask for and yet am the poster child for who to blame.

EQ and FQ sure can be funny, can't it?

O and yes I agree about the barter thing, whatever it was that you all are talking about...
    Sancus and Koryu like this.