Why can't you use krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tweakfour17, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

on the server select screen?! How (annoying/tedious/unintuitive) is it to have to create a level 1 toon on a free server to go in and consume a krono then camp back to TLP?
    Accipiter likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Did you know if you pay your electric bill on time they wont turn off the lights?
    Nennius likes this.
  3. sumnayin Augur

I know if I go out of the country for 6 months and tell my electric company I won't be home...I don't have to build a new house to pay for electricity there just to start paying my original bill again.
    Destany and Vumad like this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

1st world problems are real.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Why not build a new house anyways?
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

heh heh first world problems indeed =P not arguing that, just that it was annoying to have to do it that way.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Doesn't the krono show on your character inventory screen where you just click it and it consumes it for game time?

What's a "free" server?
  8. Warpeace Augur

Any non TLP server basically.

Basically you have to have an active sub to log into a TLP server. If time expires you cant log into that server. You have to log into another server to consume the Krono to get back to your TLP.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah ok - now HoodenShuklak's post about electric makes sense.

Yeh EQ does not give a grace period for paying the bill. In fact you are probably safer paying a week ahead just in case of issues.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, is everyone missing the point? The point is that it's dumb to have to create a level character on a Live server just to click a krono so you can play on your TLP.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I agree. I forget a couple of times a year, it seems. Fortunately I've already created my level 1s for this very purpose. It's dumb.

The forum warriors seem to want only to argue that you didn't click your krono on time so you're an idiot.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or pay in some other way than a krono. Just throwing out an alternative. Put down the pitchforks and torches please. :)
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Right. I have 100 krono but I'll go ahead and sign up for monthly membership via debit card instead. Makes sense. /boggle
    aFTeRLiFe likes this.
  14. sumnayin Augur

If your electric company turns off your lights because you didn't pay your bill...you can pay your bill through your electric company to get them turned back on....you can't do that with your account with krono....how is that a good analogy...you literally have to set up a new account under your name with the same electric company to pay your bill.
  15. Moege Augur

Nope you cannot pay at the main branch but you may go to any other, fill in a form and pay :D
  16. Warpeace Augur

Don't forget the additional disconnect and reconnect fee.

Good thing Daybreak dosent charge 2 Krono if you forget.
  17. LDEffectsMe Augur

I know this is a slightly different spin, but don't most people who play on TLP servers have characters already on some Live server somewhere? Well, I mean with the exception of maybe the "box army" toons... But who cares about those people needing to make Live toons to reactivate their 20 boxes. :)
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Yes, but I don't want to log on to those characters as a "freeplay" account because a bunch of my bags will be transferred to the overflow vendor and then I have to do a bunch of work to straighten it out again.
  19. LDEffectsMe Augur

Well... That answers that. Didn't know about that (stupid) overflow mechanic in EQ.
  20. Moege Augur

Then make a character on a sever you do not play on and use that or subscribe before you time is up. Really it is not that difficult.
    code-zero likes this.