Test Update 08/13/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This kind of stuff makes me wish that they had simply introduced a separate patcher for the TLP servers. They have been introducing unnecessary changes to the Live servers because of the TLP since Combine and Sleeper came out.
    Yet, when you constantly have "5 minute fixes" which do nothing to actually improve the game, but instead just address things which were causing Devs to OCD then that is all time which could have been spent on things on Allayna's list. I think that a majority of the players would rather the issues which Allayna mentioned as well as other big time investment issues that are problems in current content as well as things which are a problems for everyone in the game be addressed ahead of something that does not offer any benefit at all or in fact nerfs the old content, just because the Devs feel like it and it is an easy change.
    Also, those who in the same thread most Live players tend to have at least one account if not 2 or more accounts subbed all the time. Even those who only casually play EQ quite easily run into the need to have an active sub for their main(s). They need the increases from Prestige gear (both augments and the top two tiers of gear within an expansion). I would wager that on a per player average those who play on Live pay out more in a year than those who play on TPL.

2. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Many tradeskill items in TBL only stack up to 20 items per stack.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Listing a few might be helpful...

...but any of the food/drink subcombines with stats are not going to be stackable above 20. Ngreth has already stated that he doesn't want food/drink stat items stackable of 20 (yes, there are some that can and he is reluctantly okay with them … but certainly don't expect anything new without a rethink in philosophy).

Was there anything non-food/drink that didn't stack?
  4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I have an EVGA STX 2070 , and 18gig ram, with SSD drives. I always use minimal graphics settings. My computer should not be the issue.

Maybe they could add an options to not see other players swarm pets if that is a real thing.
    They could create an option: see my swarm pets , see no swarm pets , see all swarm pets , see swarm pets in my group only.

They could make an option to use simple models as swarm pets like a little yellow orb for each swarm pet.
  5. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Can there ever be a truebox server when anyone can make multiple virtual machines on the same computer or just box with a couple computers next to eachother.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It's more that I don't want to make people loose items by changing the stack size now, which is what would happen :/ If players wouldn't loose items, I'd change it.
  7. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

So, when they changed other tradeskill items to be able to stack up to 1000, did people loose them ?
    I had 6 toon(mules) worth of tradeskill items and don't recall loosing any stacks of anything when that change came about in the past.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Nniki Augur

No, because increasing the max stack size to 1000 from a lower value would simply allow you to have more of that item in a single stack. It's the opposite direction that's a problem (e.g. 1000 down to 20).
  9. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I was asking that they fix the TBL sub combines to stack in 1000 like the other trade-skill items for bag space. They are trade-skill items but don't stack like the others.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I believe Ngreth's comment was referring to my line about being reluctantly okay with what existing food/drink stacks to 1000. I guess he's not okay, but doesn't want to make a change that will end up losing folks items.

If there are non-food/drink items that are not stacking to 1000, I'd just list them here and I bet they would get looked at.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  11. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

You may want to reset the Enchanter Epic mobs to charmable again. or make change the epic task to not require charming or give credit for attempting to charm.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Leex Pewpewer

The aug "Elemental Curio of Ondine Force" is no longer casting the correct level of Spike of Corruption. It's a much lower level and worthless in it's current state.

Please review
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

A hotfix for this went out to Live servers. Please see the update notes for more details.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This.
    If it's food and drink with stats, it should stack to 20. If it's it's a potion or poison, it should stack to 20.

Give me a list. If it is not food and drink. I will consider it.
    We (I) *do* consider some bulk, and some things that would be ridiculous to stack to 1000 stack to 100. But. I'll look at a list. If it includes food and drink I'll discard the food and drink and consider the rest.

And certain items, like power-sources, have a technical reason not to stack.
  15. Natal Augur

Bear pelts stack. Imagine just how big your backpack needs to be to fit 40000 bear pelts in it ;)
  16. Kardinal Lorekeeper

Since the last update I do not see any ranged damage messages on my ranger anymore.
    Nothing at all.
  17. niente Developer

When I autofire from > 350 ft away I see archery damage - but spell damage is only reported at 200'. Is that what type of damage you're missing? What specific messages are you expecting but don't see?
  18. Kardinal Lorekeeper

I expect to see ANY damage message when using a bow.
    I used to see "You hit XXX for x damage" or "You hit xxx for x damage (double bow shot)".
    Right now I don't see anything.

EDIT: Maybe I have to get further away? I'm only half joking. I was fighting in a dungeon (Grieg's End) today, so I was definitely less than 350' away.

EDIT2: This is on Agnarr btw.
  19. Teylana Elder

Would it be possible to get all damage reported to the same range of, say, 350ft? Consistency and the ability to see what everyone in a raid is doing would be nice.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Really don't understand why it was changed that we cannot see our own damage at range.