[Phinny] Zone desyncs across VoA

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boze, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Numiko Augur

I also wonder if its a filter thing too, in Valley I get spammed by damage and crit messages from bards all the time even though I have songs and others crits turned on in the filters and they are no where near me.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Lots of people in there? VoA was pretty bad when it first launched when zones hit a certain number of people. I don't remember it ever being fixed, as people moved out to other zones once progression was done. Argath was incredibly lagged for the first couple weeks.
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

[IMG]
    Yup just small normal pulls of 5 to 10 mobs with 32 toons in the zone.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

32 shouldn't do it. When VoA launched, it was 120-130 in Argath and things were destroyed.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Feels like something a charm and tick of bard selos would fix
  6. Briano Journeyman

This is just getting worse and worse on Phinny. More and more bards swarming and it is making playing way less fun when mobs rubber-band every pull.

So if this is going to be accepted play now can we get mage/wiz beam swarming back so we can compete?
    Boze likes this.
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

The only reason there's rubber banding going on is that some bards are being silly and pulling half the zone. If they kept the pull to a 'reasonable' number, then there isn't an issue with this. It's not hard to spot when the pull is too big, as the mobs will rubber band. Any sane bard should just hit the 'fade' reset button at that point and start again on the pull.

At the end of the day, this mechanic has been there for years, and all the live servers have already been through this era. I suppose Phinny will be the same and move on.
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Don't know how the damage scales to relevant content on live, but the buffs to VG are relatively recent (December 2017): https://spells.eqresource.com/history.php?id=30744
  9. Nessirfiti Augur

Idunno, do mages and wizards have to get just a hairs breadth from melee range to beam kite?