Trollish Crate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rotlust, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Rotlust Augur

I haven't seen any of the stuff from it. Would any of you be willing to post screenshots of the mount, illusion, and some of the hero's forge gear? thanks :)
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

Sure, I picked the mount up for 1 mil. plat on Vox the other day.

I just uploaded to them to my new EQ flicker, can't figure out how to link the photos, I think my images might be too big? Feel free to take and submit to a site like FanByte or repost if you know how to link.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGsknhs
  3. Nniki Augur

4. Nniki Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]
    eqgamer likes this.
  5. eqgamer Augur

Spent 200 bones this weekend and couldn’t get the illusion. Scored a mount. The color on it is nice. Gave it to my gf not gf.
  6. Monkman Augur

Should be a 25% DB store discount this weekend. If we follow the past two years Labor Day bonus’
    eqgamer likes this.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

How many crates total? My luck has been similar with crates in general, out of ~85 crates opened over time (across all crates) I’ve gotten 5 mounts (2 from Iksar crate, 2 from Northman, 1 from half-elf), and just one illusion (Northman’s ice giant). So if I ranked items on rarity I’d guess:

Very Rare: Illusion
    Rare: Mount
    Uncommon: Decorative Teleport clickies (although I had better luck with these in dark elf crate)
    Somewhat uncommon: Music Box (might vary by crate)
    Common/less common: Familiars
    Most common: Heroes Forge suites
    eqgamer likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

RNG is insane. I've received 1 Halasian Battle Bear and 1 Guise of the Gilded Gnomework over 6 crates (monthly claim). (Not bragging; just saying how variable it can be).
    eqgamer likes this.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

No mention of that in the announcement they put out a few days ago (still no clue why this type of stuff doesn't make the forums . . . I just noticed it because I was trying to get into account management for half a day):

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-double-xp-promo-sept-2019

But that's not all!
    From 12:00 PM PT on Friday, August 30, 2019 until 12:00 PM PT on Tuesday, September 3, 2019, ALL players on ALL servers will receive double XP!
    Go forth and continue adventuring in Norrath!
    eqgamer likes this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Homestly, I get 3x the familiars than I do armor sets, and they’re by far the most useless thing. I’d be stoked if they’d make familiars a heck of a lot rarer.
  11. eqgamer Augur

35ish crates with some spare coin on a few other accounts.
  12. Boze TLP complaint factory

Looks like they were originally going to have a 20% discount but they removed it in the last patch.

https://spells.eqresource.com/dbstrhistory.php?mdy=08212019

D: 5051^31
    You'll earn double experience during Labor Day weekend. In addition, members will enjoy a 20% Marketplace discount.^0
    You'll earn double experience during Labor Day weekend.^0
  13. KermittheFroglok Augur

Wow that is some really good luck!!! Looking back, my luck what somewhat similar for the Northman crate, was maybe closer to 1 rare in 4 or 1 rare in 5. But I totally struck out on the gnomish crate, no rares out of ~15.

I’m a little bummed there isn’t a discount weekend, was hoping I’d be able to pickup the 5 relisted illusions a little cheaper, but I can’t really complain now that the expansion sale is going on, I will be saving big there! :)

Back on topic, does anyone have screens of the current crate’s teleport clickies?
  14. Riou EQResource

They've been basically dumping all marketplace discount bonuses this year that were in previous years
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

I don’t agree, if you list it out DBG has still been pretty generous over the past 12 months, just different timing and promotions.

Fall 2018 sale: 25% offs
    Winter Sale: Lifetime & Year + Bonus membership sales
    New Year Sale: 40% off
    Feb: Potion sales
    Memorial Day- 20% off
    Over this summer:
    -3 free rabbit familiars, unlimited per char.
    -2 free murkglider familiars for members, per char
    -~ 50% discounted heritage crates from the vault
    Current sale: Expansions 50% off, same as last year but offered a few weeks earlier this year.

Back to my question, does anyone have screens of the new teleport decorations, preferably placed? Thank you!
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Why can't music box from crates loop their song? Makes no sense. I can't chill in Halas while my DE mage's pet kills everything that walks up while I play the song from the Inn there were the reference was in the crate music box reward.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!