Mangler: Essence of Shadow does not drop?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hythos, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Hythos Augur

I'm approaching 1000+ shadowed mans killed, and I haven't received one Essence of Shadow as needed for DE cultural smithing.. Essence of Shadow is the black stone oppose to the white 'ice of velious' icon, of which I've received a hundred or so.

The Essence of Shadow was far more abundant (better than 1:50) on live, and I'm pretty sure at least on Ragefire/Lockjaw/Phinnigel (during Kunark).

Are these just not available on Mangler?
  2. Prathun Developer

There's a restriction on the treasure table for Essence of Shadow that prevents it from dropping until Shadows of Luclin has unlocked on the server.
  3. Hythos Augur

Awe; Thanks Prathun. I guess I can give up now.
    And of course the next question to ask would be of why Dark Elves can't make cultural stuff, but many of the other races can...

My enchanter wore an Enchanted Tier'dal chainmail tunic going into Velious on Bristlebane, so I know it was on "live".
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Some of the others may be getting it a bit early since it looks like these were made either with Luclin, or between Luclin and PoP.
  5. Hythos Augur

OK, thanks again!