Knight 2H Weapon from TBL

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

In the past expansions, the Pal/SK weapon was coupled with the proc vampiric ### and this year it is a magic DD (for muhbis) and fire dd (for raid dropped) and the melee 2H weapon has the vampiric proc. Was this an intended switch this year?
  2. Brohg Augur

one of* the three melee 2h has a vampiric proc, just as one of* the three melee 2h had a vampiric proc in RoS and in EoK, and in TDS, and in both tiers of CotF. TBM was a bit of an outlier having multiple tiers of raid gears with just one of the 7 melee 2h having a vampiric proc in that expansion.

The vamp procs can be situationally nice? but they're lower dps than plain DDs. Given most knights are caring about dps when equipping a 2h, getting a plain DD on it feels like an upgrade
    blinder likes this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Solo paladin prefers the self healing I guess.

But the healing on vampiric consumption procs stinks due to the ridiculous restrictions.

Pull out Zealator's Ambition, which only has a 1080 proc but a true lifetap. Look at the double crit heal procs. Its disgusting how much they nerfed knight 2her procs in the guise of more dps, when the dps from the procs is almost unparseable.
  4. eqgamer Augur

Use the dd proc 2h. Put the tds heal aug in it.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I’ll bite!

Why do casters and priests 2 handers get all the aug slits and other classes dont!? Hell yeah I want a slot for 3,4,5,8!!
  6. Allayna Augur

7. eqgamer Augur

Rhetorical question?
  8. Koveras Elder

I think what they really should of done for that augmentation when they had the chance was give it a Smite effect in the similar way two handed priest weapons have Arms of Holy Wrath proc, like name it Hand of Holy Smite for example, which would be designed to proc damage on foes and heals on allies, just like the priest version dose.

I can see why two handed knight weapons no longer have Vampiric Consumption as Brohg pointed out earlier, although I'm thinking what they should do is have it so that knightly two handed weapons can do procs that deal chromatic damage instead of cold, fire, magic and disease, those direct damage procs should be more reserved for weapon-based augmentations.

And if we see class-only weapons again then Paladins should actually get Hand of Holy Smite for one handed weapons while Arms of Holy Smite for two handed weapons, we could say the same thing for Shadow Knights getting Vampiric Draw and Vampiric Consumption for Shadow Knight-only weapons.

I figured I post the ideas in mind to see what others think, especially if class-only weapons ever do make a comeback.
  9. Allayna Augur

No.

Why would a paladin or sk sacrifice the rune hate from their 1H and why should they have different damage procs? Clearly....ideas from someone who doesn't play a tank/knight.
  10. Koveras Elder

To be fair, I was thinking having more versatility in options since I never asked to sacrifice the rune proc, least they decide to go up and give Paladins and Shadow Knights an AA ability that allowed them to proc a rune.

But when it comes to the two handed knight weapons of The Burning Lands expansion, it feels rather off seeing a tire 1 two handed knight sword proc cold, a tire 2 of the same type of weapon proc fire, tire 3 proc magic and tire 4 proc disease. The only thing I can think of is have it so the two handed knight weapons in the next expansion proc chromatic based direct damage procs, which would feel much more appropriate.
  11. Maedhros High King

Personally, I very much enjoy to 2hand tank in group content, and as often as possible on raids as well. DPS is king.
    A true lifetap proc like Vampiric Strike that can crit on the front side dd and back side heal rather than just do a percentage heal back was far more valuable and contributed to allowing knights the flexibility to 2hand tank in some scenarios.
    Hammer of Magic on the 2hander for the increased dd proc is pretty irrelevant if I have to bandolier back to my sword and board to tank.
    Bring back a true lifetap proc on knight 2handers next year please Ngreth!
    Wulfhere, Allayna and Warpeace like this.
  12. Allayna Augur

Imo, the “knight weapons”....are limited to pal/sk while the “knight useable” have pal/sk included on them. The actual knight weps, 1H and 2H should have rune and lifetap, respectively. With the other procs as options on the knight useable weapons.
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

Yeah but it's not because we "have to" use our 2H for group and molo DPS (to kill named) and passive healing FTW. Lifetap is a nice balance between a DD and a pure heal.

How many knights continued to use TBM 2h (Zealator's Ambition) for the true lifetap? This after Consumption was introduced to "nerf" shadowknight's passive healing? Many of us, for almost 2 years. It wasn't until Mercy that Vampiric Consumption VI out performed Vampiric Stike XV.

Giving knights a pure DD proc completes the nerf of not getting value out of all of our 1000s of AA for healing focus. It's like getting spell effects that have spell levels of 250 and 254 where gear focus doesn't work on them. So a wise player will gravitate to things that do work in combination to maximize their abilities. It really doesn't matter if the thing in question is current expansion or much older.
  14. Wulfhere Augur

While I agree with the sentiment, a knight doesn't use those weapons except when they are 2 expansions beyond the knight's weapon in inventory. I think that "knight usable" weapons for BER, WAR, RNG, should have procs that those 3 classes find useful. I even imagine that a WAR would rather have a different proc then RNG and BER.
  15. Wulfhere Augur

Yes agreed.

However it is Ngreth who has decided that true Lifetaps are too powerful for knights, specifically Shadowknights and he wants more leeway to design weapons for that class. That is why the last true life tap weapon was in TBM. Ngreth said he has more design freedom with Vampiric Consumption vs Strike. I'm paraphrasing, but you can find this info by searching these forums.

... and well that "leeway" turned into a DD proc for TBL. ;)