SK's still need love

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Sithsonn Elder

You guys can out heal a cleric lmao
  2. Sithsonn Elder

I can on myself no doubt, makes sense that I can being the class that I am and epic clicks. sure maybe give pallies like one or 2 more buttons to press but wouldn't make sense for a pally to do as much dps as warriors or sks anyway, or just take my to Sathirs Tomb and out dps me.
  3. menown Augur

Give me a compelling reason why SK DPS should be higher than paladins. I feel warriors should have higher DPS for sure.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Sithsonn Elder

Sustained DPS Warriors are the dominant class. Burst DPS sks win that fight. The amount of healing the paladin on a raid force or group is insane man, you can't tell me it isn't. Sure like I said give them a couple extra buttons, but in regular non-undead zones paladins shouldn't do as much dps as a warrior or sk. Instead of there parent class being a warr and dps class they got the combo of warrior and cleric. Not my fault but its in their lore.
  5. menown Augur

So shouldn't the SK's DPS be primarily from DoTs and be sustained DPS with your logic? Why should they have high burst DPS? Why does most their DPS not come from DoTs?
  6. Bartleby Journeyman

Here's a guide to what you should be doing on raids:
    Tank, Stay out of the auras, Shut up and collect loot.

In all seriousness? STOP POSTING. After the last dumb post similar to this we had Thought leech nerfed. When are people going to realize posting here leads to classes being nerfed? One would think after 20 years of this nonsense some of you would begin to learn but every freaking day its more of the same. Someone posts some whiney post about their class. It turns into 900 people talking about how OP that class actually is then a month or 2 later? That class is nerfed. Its like you all take the special bus to these posts. Just freaking Stop already!
  7. RPoo Augur

I haven't looked at the other 66 posts but I love SKs. There you have it, love granted!
    Tolzol likes this.
  8. Allayna Augur

Open raids:

10 SKs
    1 Paladin
    Seldom likes this.
  9. p8aa Elder

By curiosity, I decided to have a look at this stream, i was curious to see the "obnoxiously high DPS warrior parses" seen by Maedhros.

Here is what I noticed in the following events these classes this warrior was grouped with :
    General Reparm : bard + ranger
    GMM raids : bard + shaman + monk
    Palace gate : bard + shaman
    Esianti raid : bard + shaman + rogue + monk
    Stratos : bard

Typical tanking group compositions, isn't it Maedhros ?
    He is at least with a bard in nearly all TBL raids. I remember a post of Tucoh showing the impact brought by ADPS on DPS. First without ADPS, then adding the bard, then etc. The bard alone was yet bringing a significative DPS improvement for the warrior.

Anyhow, people who would not know it and that who watch these streams need to understand that this is not "typical" group composition you will see wars there, in 99 % of raids warriors are in tanking groups with cleric, paladin or SK.

When warriors are in tanking group (so with no bard), they do at best equal sustained DPS compared to SK, they don't dominate SK.
  10. Allayna Augur

RoTE has bards like we have pallies. Don't fault em for maximizing adps for the makeup they have.

Still. Hands down DPS winner is SK, grouped with tanks, grouped with adps, solo...you name it.
  11. sojero One hit wonder

As sith said, pal choose war cleric hybrid, sk choose war necro hybrid, last time i looked cleric is lowest dps and necro is still pretty darn high on sustained fights, so going with that logic I would think sk would be the higher of the 2 on dps. But thats just my opinion.

years and years ago, a major portion of our damage did come from dots. its been in the last 6 or so years (maybe more) that we switched to primarily lifetaps for our dps. our dots stagnated hard and with debuff limits as they are we don't use them. If we ever got a dot revamp we probably would switch back to dots as our main dps source, which would also happen at the same time as necro revamp so there would be slots hopefully. Though we would be like pally, if we dropped all our agro stuff to load dots, we would be less effective at our main job of tanking, but on fast burns it would be a dps boost hopefully........someday, where are you dot revamp!!!!!!!!!!
    Krazzi likes this.
  12. Allayna Augur

13. Sancus Augur

My head still hasn't recovered from being slammed repeatedly into my desk when you wrote this in every thread back in 2016.

Classes whose primary role is not DPS should not out-DPS DPS classes with comparable ADPS and competency. Period. End of story. If they are, something is completely and unambiguously broken, no matter how much hand-waving said classes want to do about their normal groups.
    Thrillho, Ssdar, Kimbella and 9 others like this.
  14. menown Augur

So you are basically saying you have nothing in common with necros anymore. Oh, it is okay to claim the good parts like FD, snare, and a pet, but when it comes to the bad things, you don't have to relate to Necros.

To claim that you should have higher DPS because you are part necro, but don't DPS in any way like a necro is a dumb claim. And if they ever do fix DoTs, SKs will be even more overpowered.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

I believe you need to re read what I said, I never said anywhere at any time that we have nothing in common with necro anymore. And what bad things are you relating to? the part about the dot revamp for SK/Necro, I addressed that.

I have no issues with throwing dots if that's is where the devs want to put sk, as that's is where we used to be and I actually enjoy that part of the class. Many SK have been asking where the dot revamps are, I know I have many times. I cannot control what the devs make us use to do our dps, and when I started an SK way way back in 2003, jan 13th :) I used a lot of dots. And my first char ever back in 2001 was a necro, so yeah, I have no issues with any of the necro side of SK.

your animosity is striking, and I'm sorry someone did something with your Cheerios this morning.
  16. Bamboompow Augur

If you lump all of them under "tanks" than there in lies your answer. SK can occasionally blur that line into being dps, but where do you place them in a raid group as far as adps goes? Do you give them an enchanter to team with and a druid or something similar? Most raid leaders still consider them tanks, or kiters.

SK is a common alt class players enjoy, akin to rangers. Tons of them around. Most can be played at a mediocre skill level and function just fine in group stuff. Lots of fun. The thing is, there are not nearly as many really exceptional examples of SK or Ranger. Guilds want the well played mains, not the so-so alts that are a dime a dozen. It is really not to the betterment of both classes to have them be as popular as they are in this particular case.They are probably vetted a bit more harshly.

Warriors and Paladins typically tend to stay where they are and are reliable mainstay raiders. Mostly because Warriors will always have the distinction of being top raid tank and the game devs are not going to break that. With merc healers, most warriors can box a dps class and do most anything they want in the group game. If you are a paladin main, you probably have always been a paladin and have decided to just shrug off the abuse, ridicule, belittlement, tough it out and focus on doing a good job at what you do. After all, no one else is going to take you, so might as well shine where you are. So tank slots being freed up is a dilemma if your raid never has to really worry about 2 out of 3 tank classes.
  17. menown Augur

Let's look at a list.
    • Cast times are faster for SK's lifetaps, and some are more powerful than Necros lifetaps.
    • Cast times are instant for not 1, but 2 snares for SKs (baning events).
    • SKs don't have to swap spells ad nauseum.
    • SKs don't have a ramp up time for DPS.
    • Thought Leech can crit and is way more powerful than death bloom plus mana tap combined.
    • Leech Touch is over 2x as powerful as Dying Grasp.
    • Soul Flay is better at increasing the groups mana than necro mana tap. But you also have Vicious Bite of Chaos on top of that.
    • Dire Coarctation DoT is more powerful than necro version Grip of Kraz.
    • Plague of Hemofax DoT base damage is more powerful than necro version Effluvium DoT base damage.
    • Putrefying Darkness DoT is more powerful than necro version Gnawing Darkness.
    • Cast time on every SK DoT is instant.
    • SK's Death's Effigy works up to 5 levels above yours. Necro's is only 3 levels above.
    • SK's Death's Effigy works 100% of the time. Necro's is only 90% chance of success.
    Well this is quite a list of abilities that we share in common. Would you like to have necro's rez and levant too? They would end up being instant cast and 100% rez if SKs got them.
    Ssdar, Kimbella, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  18. Drogba Augur

still waiting for the equivalent warriors or druids need "love" threads :rolleyes:
    Sancus likes this.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

Sk lifetaps are for us tanking. We have different rolls

I very rarely ever use nares, so ok, go ask for instant for necro. I'd support it, yours should be equal to sk.

That should be fixed for necro in the fabled revamp. Also, I play a necro sometimes too, I know all about the switching. I dont mind as much cause it makes the class different. But I only ever raided with it on pickup raids, and they were slow so I looked good lol.

Really your gonna complain about ramp time for a dot class, lolz.

Though leech no longer crits the return, and leech touch, tank class.

Soul flay isnt that noticable and go ask for a better vicious bite version for necro, that would be cool. If your soul flay counterpart is so bad, go ask for improvement.

There are a lot more to dots than base damage.......

Our dots being instant also comes with an awesome global spell lock.

The fd change was decided by dev's and they gave their reasons, and yes I think necro should have same as sk, I'd say better, but dont know how u get better than 100%

Again sorry about them cherios.
  20. Spellfire Augur

I was going to post about DE, you beat me to it. This nerf occurred few years ago and I'm still annoyed how necros got f****d on fade for no reason.
    Sancus, Raccoo and menown like this.