The EQ Show is looking for Hardcore raid/guild leaders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Arrrowheade New Member

I can say with confidence that Triton Guild has the longest history of any EQ guild. This guild was begun in the early days beside the likes of Harmonium, Steel Accordance and Grey Council. This was before the original Plane of Fear came into existence. Allow me to list some of the early server-wide firsts under the original leader of Triton; Zaar.

1. Server-wide first kill of the Emporer of SSRA - The guild leadership convinced the members to forego all other mobs and farm the necessary keys
    2. Killing Rallos Zek - the first version. 2 straight weeks of 8 hours each day. Zaar states it was one of his proudest moments as leader of Triton
    3. Waking the Sleeper - This was an amazing feat that went on for hours and hours. Countless deaths; craziest night of my gaming days; so many people working together.
    4. The very first version of the High Priest of SSRA. He was held in the doorway by Gorador while the entire room was held in CC
    5. The Rathe Council - great team work and strategy.

These were early server-wide first kills just to show the rich and deep history of this guild. There have been many firsts since those early days.

Triton today is still top five server-wide year in and year out. I commend RoI on their insane dedication. But I like to call Triton the number one guild with a life! I can share some more history with you Fading...but this is a hell of a great guild.

Arrowheade
    Sokki and Issk like this.
  2. Brohg Augur

all those nice things, but just can't post without throwing in a baseless zinger? hell of a great guild if you gloss over the impulse to be a stereotypical gamer jerk, I guess
  3. Tolzol Augur

Not to take away from triton at all, but ROI raids very little tbh and we most certainly have lives (at least most of us). Hell I’ve only been raiding lately so i play for 3-3 1/2 hours a week tops on sundays. We are efficient and quick. For the most part everyone in the guild is extremely knowledgeable with the game and their classes so we are able to figure things out and get it beat faster than anyone else.

Yes we do get serious and focused and may play a lil more than usual during beta/once an expansion launches (as pretty much everyone in a raiding guild does) but it’s not like we are raiding all day everyday until we beat things during progression. And even if/when we do morning raids it’s log in for a few minutes, beat the raids, then go back to bed or go to work depending on the person so it’s really not as bad as people make it out to be. Whether that was meant as a shot or not don’t really matter I’m just stating how it really is.
    Mintalie likes this.
  4. Fading Illusion Augur

Thanks for the great information.

However, without someone willing to chat with me about it, it makes the story difficult to tell. If you know someone within the guild that would be willing and able (and the interview is feasable) I'd love to make it work!

Fading
  5. Cailen Augur

welcome new member
  6. Bahdah Augur

What about the progression groups? The ones that unlock the raids with unprecedented speed! At least a shout out for the memes!
    Ssdar, Allayna and Tolzol like this.
  7. Ryino Elder

That sounds fun, it would be interesting to hear how the race went from other guilds perspectives.
    SR may be #5 for TBL but we gotta be top 2 or 3 for the memes
    Mintalie and Sancus like this.
  8. Bahdah Augur

So what you're saying is... a group progression race/ranking!?

[IMG]
    Kimbella likes this.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Just because he's a "new member" on the forums doesn't make him an actual new member. A quick search of the Triton roster would show who he is :p
  10. Bahdah Augur

[IMG]

Not this life thing again! What if we told you we were actually #1 while raiding less than any other guild? Leaves a lot of room for this life thing you speak of.
    Funnonry likes this.
  11. Repthor Augur

Theres no epic clicks in IRL Bahdah
    Bahdah likes this.
  12. Axxius Augur

Except when the progression raids are up at 5 am ;)
    Bahdah likes this.
  13. Bahdah Augur

Sure. Why not wake up and knock out a 15min or so event before work!
  14. Lisard Silly

Bahdah likes this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

While the "life" comment was a bit out of line, I would venture to say the amount of EQ players who would want to wake up at 5am to play a computer game raid before work is in the extreme minority. I know there is a player base that is excited to do that, and it is cool- you do you. But I think it is nieve to believe that the majority would be willing and wanting to do so...
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Perhaps this thread is turning into a reason not to do what you think you want to …

… might I suggest a different tact that could be interesting without involving a lot of … emotions.

All the top guilds have raid leaders with different philosophies in how they plan for raids, keep motivation going after progression, incorporate new members, etc. A series on various raid leaders from top guilds might be fun. The few raid leaders I've encountered have been interesting characters.
    Danaleigh likes this.
  17. Ryino Elder

[IMG]

Seriously not trying to derail I want this story to happen, just in a meme mood today.

The race is really the most challenging / fun part of EQ for the last few years. I think the general population would get a kick out of all the cloak and dagger / mis information / etc stuff that goes on until the expansion is beat.

Keep up the great work, love the show.
    Atvar likes this.
  18. Allayna Augur

MISINFORMATION? .....among top guilds in a race? That never happens....
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Robnie Augur

I mean there's only like maybe 10-12 guilds that are serious into raiding these days.

"Hardcore" is really like the top 3-5 these days unless you count 6-10 as well.

Will you provide pizza?

RA is very fresh compared to the other top 10.
  20. Tanols Augur

Fading my suggestion to you would be to do as what was suggested ... go to http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/ look for guilds that completed Unfettered Emerald Excellence and use links to contact them.
    Do so with a plan to be a part of the next Beta. I would be easy enough to participate with those guilds that are willing to have you along in Beta testing the raids. (Everyone needs a bard these days:) ) That will give you some idea of how guilds approach new events, break them down to find a winning strategy that works for their guild etc. Would also perhaps give you some insight into some of the issues that raid leaders, guild leaders, etc face. Admittedly events will be incomplete and not same as what they will be going live, but process of figuring out WTF is going on and WTF to do about it is pretty much the same.
    For a lot of the information, questions you wish to ask why not e mail a questionnaire to Raid Leaders, Guild Leaders, officers of guilds listed in Elitegamers as having completed current expansion.
    Elyssanda and Spellfire like this.