Bring back life time sub's

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gronns, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Gronns Lorekeeper

Can you bring back the lifetime subs?

Kthx
  2. Aegir Augur

Look around Christmas/New Year. Maybe they put it up again
  3. Machen New Member

Life time subs are a sucker's bet at this point.
    Accipiter likes this.
  4. Machen New Member

Think about it. How does Daybreak make money on lifetime subs? There are two ways they come out ahead. 1, the game shuts down before you would have paid the equivalent amount in subscription fees. 2, the game is not sufficient to keep your interest so you quit playing, but they already have your money.

Either way, by offering lifetime subs, Daybreak is planning on the failure of Everquest. It is a short term cash grab.
  5. taliefer Augur

i bought a lifetime sub and i have 0 worries about getting my moneys worth

this wasnt even the first time they have offered lifetime subs. i guess eq was dying the other times they offered that. like a decade ago, then 5 years ago
  6. Gronns Lorekeeper

Personally I heard that the vet rewards are awarded with the lifetime subs so wanted to buy one and check it out.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well I bought a life time sub and have paid for it in full on my credit card. So now I subbed another account to take the place of that monthly sub that I no longer have to pay.

And they all get the $5 monthly claim that I try and save but always spend so when the expansion sales pop up I have to spend more money cause that half price of $70 something for the big edition gets reduced down to $62 something with all access discount so in turn I buy more.

You will get all the vet rewards with the lifetime sub so long as you sub on an account that is 14 years old or older.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

Links? I know they’ve done a lot of generous sub discount promos, but I don't think EQ/DBG All Access life time subs had occurred before last winter’s sale. DCUO (pre-All Access) did have a life time offer and those subscribers got grandfather into “life time” AllAccess, but I think they have a caveat where they lose it if DCUO shuts down. (Still could be wrong, was away from EQ for awhile in college.)

I doubt EQ or DBG is dying since we’re getting a summer event next year and a new expansion this year, and another new TLP. As others pointed out, they know the players willing to buy a life time sub will still keep sinking money into the game. I lifetime subbed 3 accounts but still manage to spend ~ $50 a month on average on in app purchases.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, I was just going to post, "Sounds like a great move for DBG right now."
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I've got 100 krono left to spend for 5 accounts. I figure 20 months is pretty much a lifetime sub. ;)
    oldkracow likes this.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

Well #2 is invalid because their costs are probably static to servers and devs. Even if they shut down servers they are only saving the power bill. The code is the same for one server as 50 so the dev team is a mostly fixed cost as well.

Also in economics there is no such thing as money saved. Money saved is simply money spent at a later date so it is always assumed that 100% of income is spent. #1 may have been valid prior to the krono and the DBG stores and the proliferation of multi-boxing, but honestly now saving the customer money probably just translates to bulk discounts for the customers.

Some people will become lifers and actually spend more money because they can now put their monthly sub fees towards boxes, krono or DBC even before waiting the 2 years to recover their subscription savings. These players are also buying multiple copies of the new expansions, which have almost 0 additional cost to DBG. DBG has evolved their format beyond just a subscription based model.

Seriously, look at how many games are now free and have no subscriptions. Fortnite doesn't even give you anything tangable (cosmetic improvements only) and they are raking it in. Many games cost $60 for a one time purchase and DBG launches an expansion once per year for $30 which is not a complete game (that is, the game engine and etc already exist, it is an expansion), and that is on top of subs and the DBC store.