Veteran Rewards and AAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sithsonn, Aug 22, 2019.

1. smash Augur

You earn veteran aa from having subscribed for years, NOT other ways
  2. Nniki Augur

A subscription is no longer required to earn veteran rewards. They changed that when the game went free-to-play.
    https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-524220
  3. Sithsonn Elder

Don't get why your so against something that could benefit EQ, maybe you don't fully understand what I am trying to ask for. I do NOT want to be just handed something. I get that it is a reward for people who have been around for a duration of Everquest. There are still quite a few of newer players and newer accounts that may never get to see those rewards despite the amount of playing time or player progression they have done. I think there should be an opportunity for some of us newer players to redeem it by doing a hard quest or base it off player progression.
  4. Fian Augur

How about buying a 1 year subscription automatically gives you 1 year credit on vet reward, and buying a year worth of krono also gives a year? If you really want all of the vet rewards, buy 15ish year worth of krono.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Having been subscribed for 18 yes yes, but there are other who recieved Vet AAs by other means, but many of them proveded years of service to others.
  6. smash Augur

True, but then it still require you to having played for those number of years, it is not so you get it automatically when you buy 1 year subscription.

And that is the good way.
  7. Drogba Augur

if i were a new player that discovered vet AA and droga goblin familiar, aka unobtainable upgrades. I would possibly stop playing right then and there, heh.
  8. Sithsonn Elder

see what droga goblin familiar ... and I am not trying to complain, it just takes the fun outta the game when something is unachievable.
  9. Drogba Augur

agreed. I'd feel totally demotivated knowing i had to play with a handicap that was beyond my power to remove.

It was something you got for purchasing the collectors edition of the EoK expansion:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=127537
    Cadira likes this.
  10. Sancus Augur

FWIW, the new fellowship campfires/guild banners have a stronger focus than that of the drogan familiar, and they don't stack. Those aren't available solo, but in most raid situations there is no difference between having it and not.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Allayna and Drogba like this.