The new expansion pictures...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Boze TLP complaint factory

2. Verily Tjark Augur

Let this set the precedent for more upgrades!

Also, I guess we will need to farm lots of dragon glass, I mean obsidian, to be able to defeat these giants!
  3. Axxius Augur

Hmm... May I ask why you wanted Velious again? Returning to the same place for the third time sounds a bit excessive. Just saying...
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Teylana and Yinla like this.
  4. Monkman Augur

Yeah I mean Velious was a great expansion but I wish they hadn’t of messed with it during RoF. Now it just seems like overkill. Do we really need 3 Kael’s?
    Teylana and Yinla like this.
  5. TheStugots Augur

I’m very happy to be returning to Velious.

Thanks devs!
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Being its velious .. thee only places that were locked was skyshrine iirc..
  7. Natal Augur

Also Sleepers tomb. A number of other zones were effectively locked due to mob placement. ToV and DN due to the dragons parked in front. Siren's grotto (somewhat) due to the chanters at the zone entrance. WW due to the seahorses in SG unless you were grouped or used the geometry glitch to get through.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Actually.. raid mob placement was never an issue for us back in velious expansion on tunare server because soon as 1 of them were up they were taken out .. I can not speak for your server.. but my home server not a single dragon lasted longer then a couple hrs after they respawn.

And sleepers tomb yup good catch.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Cailen Augur

stop rambling on so much Ngreth ;)
    Teylana likes this.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How about a Hero's Forge set that uses the new ice shader?
    Boze and Teylana like this.
  11. Axxius Augur

A new Gelatinous Cube model could use that new shader too.
    Sokki likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

TBL was a nice break/novelty.

I definitely prefer a Velious remake over Alarans/aliens or even pirates (ocean theme). I think players would have issues with an Oriental theme (Dragons of Norrath) but it could have worked.

I''ve suggested a theme that examines the Titans of Stonebrunt Mountains that could include multiple environments (tropical forest, alpine forest, mountains, snow that includes international motifs). A popular suggestion has been planes for Bristlebane or minor gods.
  13. Cannikin Elder

So can we assume this expansion is going to be called "Kingdoms of Velious" or something along those lines, and the following expansion "Claws of Veeshan"?
  14. Brohg Augur

Theme doesn't appear to be conflict between the dragon/giant/coldain empires, though. There could be a western Velious "CoV" expansion after, like if we chase the Mayong-Velketor Superteam out of their Kael f****** to do Skyshrine f*******? But this one ain't about Kingdoms
  15. Axxius Augur

Sure, since it's Velious 3.0, it may as well contain Mayong too :rolleyes:
  16. Brohg Augur

It's the Tserrina connection & animated giant/coldain dead :)
    Riou likes this.
  17. Riou EQResource

Mayong hasn't been around in a long time and he's out there somewhere, maybe it is time for the iconic MVP villain of EQ to return :p
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I like to pretend it is going to be a Serpent Spine rehash. There were Ice Giants and ice there in Valdeholm.

But I guess with a recent version of Velious to work with it would be even easier to revamp and re imagine that.

I hope they throw in some color though... Evergreen trees whatever.... all that white blue and translucent stuff gets boring. Give me some eye candy :).

But when all is said and done I am sure I will enjoy things however they turn out.
  19. Brohg Augur

Screen shots are Kael and Velks, that's not up in the air
    Allayna likes this.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If this expansion has a bunch of undead, I'll have a small tear of joy.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Allayna like this.