Veteran Rewards and AAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sithsonn, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Sithsonn Elder

So compared to most, I am a newer player, been playing for 2 years now and absolutely love the game. Only problem is all these Vet rewards that I may never get to see. I am gonna play the game till it stops but I just think there should be a easier way to get some of the rewards instead of having to wait 7 years or however long. I dont know maybe quest lines or base it off of toon progression ? I'm not sure but it sucks to play the game as much as I do and still be missing out on some really cool things.
  2. blinder Journeyman

I think that's a fantastic idea. Maybe base it on amount of achievement points. Every 5k get another vet reward?
    Sithsonn likes this.
  3. Sithsonn Elder

Sucks because theres probably not enough new players to even back this up and feel that way! Would be an incentive to get people to join the game along with progressing there character. You may think its not a big deal, but for someone that likes to push my toon to the limits certain vet aas would just be super awesome to have. I feel like an underage at a bar with X's on my hands lol
  4. Brohg Augur

I'd like to see veteran AA enabling as a Krono-sink. A "haunted clock" NPC spawning to the side of Xeb's prison at the end of PoTimeB instance, perhaps, depopping with a single Krono hand-in to reward a portion of his stored timey wimeyness (+1 year of vet eligibility). Should be a super out-of-the-way spot to build in protection against accidental Krono consumption. He could appear also at the end of Citadel of the Worldslayer raid, since there was time smurfery going on in SoD.

Maybe he should just be a permanent fixture in VoidG

And a Star Ruby? And a Star Ruby, like the spec-reset guy in Temple of Ro :)
    blinder likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think they used a special script for Vet rewards like they did for LDON's.

They have stated a few times they will not or can not re run that LDON script or apply it again.

So maybe its the same thing for Vet rewards.

But hey the game is still tons of fun without them - and I have a lot of characters fully veteran'd but can't remember the last time I used a reward. But I can understand some folks need them to play the game. I don't sit in the lobby for mgb's either :D

Go west young man! Go west!
  6. Brohg Augur

field access to tributelady and auglady is real nice, as well as the freedom to cavalierly walk away from deaths confident that vet res will clean up later, even corpses scattered by closed instances. I occasionally Throne, too
  7. Lubianx Augur

There are quite a few that people still use.
    • The field banker and vendors are used regularly (that's 4 separate ones there)
    • People that are not maxed level still use LotD (heck I am and I use it to recapture Glyph AAs).
    • I use Armor of Experience about once a week (although probably not necessary)
    • Staunch recovery is useful on raids
    • Expedient Recovery for the reasons Brohg said
    • Throne is always useful to melee and hybrids
    • Intensity for added DPS/healing
    • The final one cause if you use any of the above 25% reduction in refresh timer is nice
    It would be nice for those without them to perform some sort of quest or some sort of cost. The 10th vet quests could be given by Tavid Dennant, who already exists in the lobby and all around Norrath there could be other NPCs such as Whodie Jittaker could be hiding in Void G to give the 13th Vet reward
    (And before people say it, yes there are 14 Vet rewards do we could find Hohn Jurt somewhere for that)
  8. smash Augur

And...

It is reward for people supporting eq ll way, and should never be handed out for freebie.

Nor should there be a reset button if you forget who of your chars you awarden veteran, and or deleted a char with it, your fault your mistake.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Lubianx Augur

He is not asking for a freebie. He is asking for an alternate way to get these which I think is a good thing.

I have 2 accounts with all the rewards, one with all but 3 and another "newer" account which has 4 rewards only. I personally do not care whether I get these rewards on my last 2 accounts but there are people out there that do. We should not punish people for coming into our great game late. We should encourage it. Sure let them work for it via quests or progression, but don't stick them into the too bad, so sad category.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I like this idea.

While the original consept was to reward those who have played for years, sometimes it is a hinderance to not have them. And as someone else said, it hurts those who have started playing later, if it helps to keep nerwer players playing the game, then I'm all for it.

Throne of Heros - I use most days
    Banker - I have been using more and more recently as when my inventory is full it sicks the items needed for HAs in the bank! - Very, very annoying.
    Staunch - I use on raids on my main most weeks.

The others I tend now to remember to use, LON I tend to only use when someone in the group mentions it otherwise I forget.
  11. Sithsonn Elder

It honestly makes the game a little less fun knowing theres all those vet aas i wont be able to ever have. Like in 5 more years ill get intensity! thats 5 years and who knows how long EQ has, im here for the long haul and think people who actually give a crap about there toon and progression should be rewarded with veteran AAs. and like i said im cool with doing more quests to get them. All i do is help people in game and group with whoever, any race and gender(not assuming any). Im pretty damn active on the xegony server and think I've served my time and duties for vet aas and that probably goes for alot of people. Would like something considered to help us folks out that are missing out on a side of EQ that we may never get to see.
  12. smash Augur

This is asking for freebie. You get from being old customer and not to be handed out other ways.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am not debating the fact many people still use them. Or the usefulness of some of them - go Jester!!! What I am saying they don't need them to play the game, they are a bonus and nice to have but as I have said before - then what would you give those of us who HAVE played or been in the game for many many years. Do we not deserve something for our loyalty?

I have no character at max level but I still don't use LotD for leveling. Its just the way I play.
  14. Flat Toad Elder

Soooo, Vet Rewards, which were created specifically to provide bonus goodies to long time faithful...should now be peddled in the marketplace to noobs. huh. Sure...cash over fanbase...you bet!!
  15. Flat Toad Elder

Soooo, Vet Rewards, which were created specifically to provide bonus goodies to long time faithful...should now be peddled in the marketplace to noobs. huh. Sure...cash over fanbase...you bet!!
  16. Cadira Augur

What about this...

Idk how hard itd be to code, but let's say if you have the current expansion on your account, you get an expidited acquisition of vet aas. Every 3 months you pay for you receive a new years vet reward.

So four vet rewards per year instead of one. And requires you to have current expansion AND a gold membership. You still have to support the game to earn the vet rewards, and it still takes time to get some of the good stuff, but at least you acquire most of the useful ones before eq sunsets.

To the people saying we shouldn't make it easier for people and alt accounts to acquire these vet rewards:

You're stupid.

You realize how discouraging it is to hear about all these awesome abilities to give you a small bump in dps or survivability every great now and then realize you'll never have them simply because you started playing later than everyone else? You realize these are people you raid and group with, and them having these abilities literally could make a difference between whether you wipe or win, right? Don't think of it as something of a bonus for those of you who have played forever. Think of it as a resource you can use to your advantage for your own success or the success of your guild.

There can be some kind of common ground here, people.
    Yinla and Raccoo like this.
  17. blinder Journeyman

Terrible argument. The same could be said before they were created. The rewards aren't necessarily game breaking (some will allow a win somewhere you could not, though), but it will cause more playtime for new players trying to achieve these goals.
    Cadira likes this.
  18. Raccoo Augur

I know of at least one player who returned after a hiatus, and couldn't get their old account. After speaking to DB, was told to make new account, level up, and then they could transfer the character to their old account for veteran AAs when/if they got the account back. They did so, and got their old account afterwards, but the account to account transfers were not available anymore, so they got stuck with no vet AAs on their main toon, even though they have an old account. He even has lifetime membership now, so how can he not be considered loyal?
    Yinla and Cadira like this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I also am super discouraged to hear about all those great items people got by purchasing the collectors editions of expansions that came out when I was not able to play.

I do not have the option to play x amount of years and get these items like you can with vet rewards. There is no way to obtain any items from past expansions. So how stupid is this?

Its a fact that there are just some things in the game you cannot get for one reason or another. Until they change it.
    Sokki likes this.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

Its supposed to be their, not there. See i just got your intensity 5 years faster!
    Sithsonn likes this.
  21. Allayna Augur

I was discouraged to learn that the requirement to be paid or gold to earn vet rewards was lifted. FTP should not be earning vet rewards imo.

I 100% agree that lifetime subs should be granted immediate access to all veteran rewards.

As far as getting vet rewards early any other way, I think that’s a sticky problem that DBG will not likely tackle because it WILL infuriate those ‘99ers who’ve been active subs this whole time.

A super simple solution would be to open up account to account transfers, I’ve got several accounts with 7th year vet, as I’m sure many other people do too. Hell I think my never gold ultra alt account has 5th year.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.