Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. MiataDriver Augur

I'd settle for a stable login server...
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Did those items come from a raid flagged instance?
  3. Allayna Augur

While I see what you’re saying...in the past I’ve always identified “raid gear” as having slot 8 augmentation. With evolving my personal definition would extend to slot 19.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Koveras Elder

A number of ideas for the upcoming expansion (and possibly later on)
    • An AA ability for clerics that serves as a burst dot. I mean if paladins have Inquisitor's Judgement, clerics should have a dot version.
    • An AA ability that allows pets being able to benefit from self-buff clickies that originally affect pet users.
    • An AA version of the Shieldstorm Armor, make it so that it works the moment any spell from the Yaulp line dose (whenever I try to get Shieldstorm Armor to proc, it always says "Your target does not meet the spell requirements" which is wired...)
    • An expanded list for the Loyalty Vendor, make it so Alerynril the Loyal would sell more stuff.
    • Half Elves having heritages prior to character creation which could affect the classes they can choose. Examples such as Half Elves of Dark Elf Heritage can select classes that Dark Elves are allowed, Half Elves of High Elf Heritage can select classes that High Elves are allowed, Half Elves of Wood Elf Heritage can select classes that Wood Elves are allowed and so on (such as Flame Elves, Sand Elves & even Elddar Elves).
    • Certain Innate Item Focus Effects Special AA: Not sure if this would go through but I figured I bring this up in case anyone ever had interest in wanting the idea of certain Innate Item focus Effects for Special AAs like an AA version of Obulus Sympathy. Not saying all forms of focus effects like Improved Parry / Block ect ect to be included unless its something that was in the works.
    • Allow mercs to ride mounts, so they won't have to run while we player characters use mounts.
    • New Monster Type: The Deathless. These individuals are the opposite to the Undead as while the latter is deemed as the abominations to life, the former on the other hand stave off death in order to accomplish a purpose if not a series of purposes they weren't able to do in life. In fact, there's many non-player characters that would already qualify for this type, the ancient starhowlers and Ancient Starcollector would make classic examples of the Deathless monster type. (Might as well give Shadow Knights an AA ability called Slay Deathless and Necromancers the Turn Deathless AA as well if you decide to go for this).
    • Turning the Radiant/Ebony Crystal Currency into Nobles/Royal Currency. This way you can put the Nobles in a currency slot that once belonged to the Radiant/Ebony Crystals among with another form of Currency called the Royals. This would also give the opportunity to finally put the Radiant/Ebony Crystals in the Alt Currency slot.
    • Utility Clickies for Key Ring, I know this was mentioned about by some players.
    • (Possible Idea). Have it so that upon selecting Character Creation, the races and classes are in separate files to keep them more organized in the event more races are ever allowed to be selectable (maybe more classes but I doubt this). My example is that if you select Humans, it brings up Barbarian, Drakkin, Erudite & Human, and if you select Elves, it brings up Dark Elves, High Elves & Wood Elves and so on. If this actually became reality, this would make it possible to allow more races (and possibly even new classes but again I doubt it) to be playable even with the hardcoded 16 selectable screens as it would serve as a workaround to such.
    That's pretty much it for those ideas.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This has the same issue as player illusions. It would only be possible for mercs of player races. This is only a conversation about the mechanics/issues, no a promise to make this happen.
    Whulfgar and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. ShadowMan Augur

As others have mentioned being Velious it would be nice to see updated shawl augs, Dain Frostreaver's ring with a cool clicky for all or archtype.

Maybe new Tri-plated Golden Hackle Hammer type quests with unique clicks by archtype.

Maybe a new Nevederia's Left Eye that upgrades the proc effect from Invested Tome of Obulus's.

Maybe new current class click's from Velketor table.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Barbwarrior Augur

last fight of expansion should have some leet aug drop why didnt mearatas have something?
  8. Natal Augur

What I would like to see is a "summon merc" button added to the merc control panel. Very often mercs will get stuck behind stuff and then just stand there, not following you. This seems to be much more of an issue when there is a lev/run speed buff on you or the merc, since they don't follow you exactly. In GMM for example, if a merc has lev on, and you run up the mountain, very often when you run down again and get ahead of the merc the difference in the z axis causes them to "lose" you and they just stand there. Then you have to go back to them before they will follow you again. Likewise run speed differences will sometimes get them stuck behind buildings.

The simple solution for this in the absence of EQ2 like following logic (follow is WAY superior in EQ2 compared to EQ) is to add a summon button to the merc panel, so when they do bug out like this you can CoH them back to you without having to run all the way back and try to coax them out of whatever geometry glitched them.
  9. Angahran Augur

Have you ever read the warnings on chainsaws......
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Yeah my personal opinion would be. Any item/s that are obtained via a raid instance.
  11. Angahran Augur

Just a few thoughts:

/getmeoutofhere - moves you to a 'valid' location when you get stuck in geometry, summoned/punted behind an invisible wall or simply get randomly stuck somewhere.

/healmenowdamnit - tells your healer merc to quit reading facebook and actually heal you.

/rezTHENbuff - tells your merc to wait until after it has rezzed you to buff the rest of the group

/standhere /staywithgroup - tells melee mercs not to run off across the zone simply because the MA happens to have targeted something.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Tumbler Lorekeeper

As a cleric I want some decent heals. You don't have to give them to a merc; however, most of my heals that I load are from past levels. I use the 6 nuke heals from the past 3 levels. 100 105 and 110...

The light spell is useless as the casting time is way too long. The quick heals have a refresh on them, so ya gotta use the previous expansions heal with it.

Anyways; the heal nukes are annoying. Because they are the best ones; but you try and target the mob to heal the tank and the stupid zerker steals agro a split second and it heals them. Or you heal a tank and he targets another mob that you don't need agro'd atm. Don't get me wrong I like the heals with nukes; I just don't want them to by my only option... I also don't want to waste 6 spell slots on these nuke heals because of the refresh times.
  13. Angahran Augur

I know it's been said but it bears repeating....

Take the 'other' filter out behind the barn and BURN IT!!!

Make every separate 'channel' filterable and also have it's own color.
    Separate damage messages from melee and spell and whatever other source so we could have anything hitting us into one window and other people into another window if we want.

Same for criticals. I want to see MY criticals but don't want to be spammed with everyone else's.
  14. Cadira Augur

An even more simple solution is to turn your merc on passive for like, three seconds and they instantly warp to wherever you are in the zone. No coh, no dev time spent making a more elaborate system then what's already present!
    blinder likes this.
  15. Cadira Augur

For group content, I'd recommend using the following lineup and casting in this order on cool down (just bind a key to the 5 spell slots and have them in this order): remedy, remedy, intervention, intervention, intervention. I don't think you'll have any problem keeping people alive outside of some of the most extreme conditions. And no more targeting mobs to heal their target! Contravention's are heavy heals but not worth the headache. And they heal less than their intervention counterpart.

Light most definitely needs a facelift. In my "cleric wishes" thread I suggested the idea that light have the same cast time but heal about as much as a renewal, to still be the "mana efficient/long cast time" heal but actually make it useable in group content.

Not sure where your ire comes from for having to use older versions of the same spell. At least we have that option (unlike druids, seriously dbg fix druid heals).
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Allayna like this.
  16. Tumbler Lorekeeper

You described what I want changed. I do not want 3 intervention's mentioned. I want 1 spell with no cooldown on that 1 spell. Then I can mem other spells. What's the point of having 13 spell gems if 5 spells are needed to take up spell gems; where only 2 should be required. It's ridiculous.

Heals are not dots. Heals are not nukes. They are heals. It's a no brainer to cast; you cast the one that is not on cooldown. It doesn't add flavor...

What I want is a heal that takes up one spell slot and doesn't nuke. It's just a good, solid, go to heal. Not a quick heal. Not a worthless heal...
  17. Cadira Augur

Ahh, but you see that is the very thing that all spell casting classes struggle with; finding how to work around those 13 spell gems when you want 30 spells memmed.

It makes no difference that we heal and have heal spells, and dps classes have dps spells, as far as how many gems should be needed for either. That's why you have to find a suitable but not too cumbersome spell lineup for your heals, like dps classes have to mem the right number of dps spells compared to other utilities and such they'd also like to have memmed. It's nice to be able to do spell swaps to work around the occasional use of another spell than our primary line up has.

I think it adds tons of flavor. You get to experiment and find out what works best in what situation and have to work around the obstacles surrounding each spell. Nukers/dotters have to do the exact same thing with their spells. They don't just cast "one dot" or "one nuke". They cast whatever they need for the occasion and find a nice weave in some cases too.

It seemed from your first post you wanted "some decent heals" which confuses me because you have plenty. And you don't want to heal the wrong person by not having the mob target who you wanted heals (just don't use contraventions?) or don't want to agro a mob your tank targets with intervention heals (why is he targeting what he's not actively killing if it's not on agro? and having some situational awareness on what your casting and what tank is targeting at the time will save you there).
  18. Dewey Augur

19. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

eh, i know you're talking clerics... but shamans don't really have any flavor... anyone who still uses the mending line is screwing up. there's no reason to keep it around as there is no scenario in which it is a superior heal to the reckless line. I'd like to see the mending line made to cast faster, but maybe with a larger value and a longer recast to offset. until it has a reasonable cast time it's a waste of a spell gem.

why would a tank NOT pre-target their mob if they can do so?
  20. Raccoo Augur

It's kept around as an easy way to see who the terrible shamans are. :p