+ Faction messages

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wyre Wintermute, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I'd post this in vets, but I feel that it is more relatable here.

I would like the +/- faction hits to display their full value, regardless of your faction standing.
    The maximum faction message could still remain, but with the "recent" addition of /faction, I find that it is more convenient to track that way, than watching every + faction hit.

Along with that (and main reason for posting in TLP), every TLP goes through and completes varied content from ages ago. Some follow an exact path, others deviate a little here and there. Being able to fill in missing data on sites like Allakhazam (Fanbyte) would be beneficial for each subsequent TLP. Knowing which quest lines are most efficient for faction gathering, which mobs to farm, etc. While the latter is generally more filled out due to smaller faction hits, many many quests lack faction information due to already reaching max Ally prior to completion.

I've been trying to skip over ones with known data, to help fill in some gaps, but there comes a point where you simply max out.

Not sure if it would be a huge undertaking, and not worth the dev time if it requires a large re-write of code.. but if it's a simple change, that'd be kinda nice to have. Even nicer if it was displayed something like: +96 (+125)
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

You have /faction as you have already stated. Are you asking for the current faction number to be displayed in the kill message?

"Your faction standing with Bob, blah blah -1 (-769)"

If that's not what you are asking for maybe rephrase. Or perhaps I'm the slow kid today. If that is what you are asking for I just don't see the value.
  3. JimboBobJimBobJimbo New Member

No, he wants to see what the faction hit would be if he wasn't maxed.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think you posted it here cause TLP gets more attention than vet forums ;)

Also not sure I am understanding what you want either.

If you click the link that comes up in battle spam after killing the mob and when you add or loose faction it will bring up your faction screen and then hover mouse over and it tells you exactly how many away from next level you are. So you know if you have to kill 1208 mobs or 5. If your on a faction bonus weekend then you just need to half that number. But it still shows you got X for kill and if its bonus it will show double that.

And faction is vitally important on all servers, live still needs it - not limited to the Royal TP errr TLP:D

eDIT: Just saw the answer that he would want to see it if he is maxxed - why? What difference would that make.
  5. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

Did you people even read his post? He explained it. I'm really confused how people are confused.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I read it four times and until Jimbo restated it, I still wasn't able to follow. I guess you're just smarter. ;)
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

As someone that used to update the alla faction hit amounts I can get behind this.
    Wyre Wintermute and Drewie like this.