Live Update Bugs 08/21/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 21, 2019.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Please post about any new bugs found in the update. This thread is not for discussions about anything other than bugs and how we can reproduce (and therefore fix) them.
  2. Ranor Lorekeeper

Are you guys ever going to fix the log out bug issue? It still freezes when going from character select to server select. It's getting old having to force close EQ just to change servers on the same account.
    DebonAir, Grabatz and CatsPaws like this.
  3. Kiaro Augur

An epic request (Warrior) still scaled impossible at 70/Bind wound not providing the intended instant healing.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Beastlord epic 2 will no longer cast says "This effect only works with summoned pets"

Even with my warder targetted it still will not cast!
  5. asdfqwerasd Journeyman

ancient jarsath in FV still charmable
  6. qweasy Augur

No idea if this is new but like 25% of the time clicking monk epic 2.0 it doesn't show the cooldown properly. Sometimes it's just off and others it just shows like it was never clicked.
  7. Sancus Augur

[IMG]

Tabard of the Mindful doesn't appear to have detrimental mana pres?
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Can we in-game kill that melee dude about mana pres on the melee shoulders?

Because most of us could have told you this would happen if you go back and attempt to fix it in-between test patch and live patch.

I sure hope most raiding casters are not going to have to do 4 cycles of raids with a hand tied behind their back.
    -----Cinexa----- and Yinla like this.
  9. Riou EQResource

The focus should be on the Evolver Ring, for the 120 focuses (that evolvers use) Ngreth consolidated Duration, Range and Mana Pres so 1 slot should be doing BOTH beneficial AND detrimental

I don't know if he picked the ring as its new slot, or he bugged it and deleted it from non melee shoulders and plans to double up on the focus slots (so Ring AND Shoulders both do the same focus)

So basically you need the Ring, or drop the Shoulders to an older version
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Huh? Do you have a version of this text that makes sense to mere mortals? Because I don't understand a word of what you just said...

...but evidently my guildee does and he explained it. Sort of...

Based upon spell data, the ring focus (beneficial mana pres to level 120) got changed to simply mana pres level 120 and now works on both. BUT the spell focus description did not change, as the text just says beneficial.

Tested with level 6 and level 5 rings on wizard and druid and the ring is firing on detrimental and beneficial casts. And the mana pres does seem to be there. And the shoulders now do zero for either.

It's an interesting change which certainly makes the ring MUCH more desirable as it covers both mana pres and is pretty easy to get the achievements needed for evolving. And really makes you question whether you want to do the shoulders for anyone but a raiding main now...
    Riou likes this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I didn't touch it...
    looking at change log...
    And... Well. it was my fault... on 8/15/2019 I removed it.
    I *think* it got caught up in a change I was making for the NEXT expansion (I'm consolidating the Beneficial/Detrimental item focuses that are the same (Duration focus is different between beneficial and detrimental, so it's staying split) It was *NOT* an intentional change. Not even in response to the post (I made myself a ticket to respond to that post... I did not go in and make any changes)
    I'll restore it for the next patch :( And try not to include it on the melee items.
    Sorry! It's a server down fix :/ if there is some emergency for a server down fix I'll get it in.
    Incorrect: shoulder should have Detrimental Mana preservation, ring should have Beneficial Mana Preservation, or Beneficial Range Extension. (as a general trend for at least EoK and onward)
    I am making changes for the upcoming expansion, but these chase items (and other TBL items) should fit the TBL standard.
    I did not intend to change TBL items... so I'll have to look back to see if I broke more.
    Yinla and Eaiana like this.
  12. Riou EQResource

It should only be the TBL evolvers since they are the only Live items that use a level 120 focus?

And Beneficial Duration 35 L120 was changed to Duration Focus 35 L120 in the patch and the slot that Limit: Beneficial was removed so it should work on both Detrimental and Beneficial spells atm (the only difference between them previously was the limit: beneficial vs limit: detrimental differentiating them)

The group version was also changed in the same manner
  13. Drewie Augur

In Broodlands, while looking for the new rares, I found "a swamp spiderling" at loc -862, +1417 that didn't aggro, it showed "You cannot see your target" even though she was in plain view. I also had some trouble targetting her. Other swamp spiderlings in the area were fine.
  14. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Every time I hail Magus Alaria in the GL, I immediately crash to desktop. Worse yet, I continue to crash after character select on that same toon. This is on Xegony.

The only fix I've found is to first log in with a different toon on the account. Once I log out of that toon, I'm then able to log back in on my main character.

I've replicated it three times in a row now.
  15. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Correction...hailing ANY Magus in a Wayfarer camp crashes my toon as described above
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Perhaps this is not a game bug but a character file bug. Especially since your other characters are ok. Perhaps run file verification and look up how to delete that character ini files.
  17. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Yep, I may have jumped the gun after further debugging. My apologies for clouding up the thread.
  18. Froglok Augur

The Gromzek Stone (from the Trollish Heritage Crate) has major targeting issue when placed. Unless you move around it and try various spots, you will get items below, near or behind it rather than the Gromzek Stone, itself.
  19. Kinadorm Augur

Since these chase items are expected to outlast the next expansion why not leave the combined focus on them. They are chase items after all so just put the new combined focus on both the ring and shoulders so everyone is happy.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Why does it matter either way? The focii aren't changing in value. By the time 120 comes, unless they add some major upgrades to the augs, people will dump the evolving items anyway 2-3 years from now.