Item "Assaulter's Weighted Tabard" and follow-up's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AB_H'Sishi, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Not spite. But perhaps incompetence.
    Of course I would prefer the phrasing of "Made a human error" but yeah, I know many people are incapable of being polite on the internet.

The change was intended for next expansion, not TBL items. (I broke them on 8/15 days before I even responded in this thread...)
    I'll untangle it when I can.
    And...... I now know what I forgot... I forgot I used SKU27 (the next expansion) planned item spells on SKU26 (TBL) chase items to allow for "these items will be good through the next expansion..." If the focuses didn't last through... then the whole item doesn't.
    RPoo likes this.
  2. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Well ... despite of removing the Mana preservation from the Melee version only and (maybe) replacing it with something more useful, it seems ALL shoulder items now lost the mana preservation focus. And that's not even mentioned in the patch news.

Thanks for that blunt change.

I can quit playing now since I'm the one who initiated the screw-up of a chase and hard-to-evolve item for 4 of 5 groups of people.
    I already got blamed for that.
  3. Derd Augur

Or you could read and see it was a simple mistake and had nothing to do with u or anyone posting. And its not hard to evolve, hard to get requirement yes.
  4. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I did read that ... I still got blamed because I brought this up.
    Allayna and Yinla like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is why Old Raspy wont spawn! LOL :p
  6. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Not sure what Old Raspy has to do with the complete focus removal and the blaming I faced, but if you need him, feel free to farm it until next raid.
    Not sure if I'm in the mood now to be present for group play if I have to face blamings for blunt item nerfs, just because I questioned a useless focus on one specific item, especially when the blame comes from guildies.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

They are silly. Especially since my error was made before you even made the original post. (I even posted the date from the change-log in the bug thread) Coincidence is not Correlation.

But then. People can be silly!

BTW. I changed my ticket from "remove mana pres" to "Restore mana pres" (only partial title there) with a note to not restore it to the melee.
  8. Brohg Augur

fwiw, I'm a big fan of the overall move to focus consolidation. eliminating any further ranks of item buff clickers would make sense to me too.
  9. Duder Augur

Not sure I understand. Take away the benefit of a higher rank clicks from raid items?
  10. Brohg Augur

yes. if raid gears are supposed to have higher stats (they are) then they should just have higher stats (they do). job is done.

Items having click effects for more stats that already exist on the items is dumb.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Thanks for that. So I have just to go on a 4 weeks hiatus (or shorter, if there's an emergency patch because of some exploit I am not aware of).
    Otherwise I probably have to deal with constant ranting from said (but not named) guildie about missing DPS on events because his / her mana expires earlier than before.

What I personally learned from that: I either have to S T F U *edit* keep my fingers away from keyboard */edit* if I see any inconsistency on items or I have to be VERY verbose (like lawyers) in my requests, suggestions, feedbacks and questions. :(
    From the reactions I got so far it's better I stick to the former.:(

---

Independent to the item issue at all I have one question because I still don't know an answer to that: Does a focus or worn effect exist which provides Endurance preservation (= LESS endurance consumption) when triggering a disc or during a disc's uptime?
    Allayna likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So instead of equipping an older shoulders, with the same focus, or looting a rotting newer one, to use for now, you'll take your ball and go home? Glad you're not on my raid team.

Stuff happens, get over it.
  13. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Uhm ... you realized I'm not *directly* affected by the removed focus, I "just" get blamed for it?
  14. Duder Augur

Before trolling, read it twice. I don't think it could have been ANY clearer that he was talking about a guildie.
    AB_H'Sishi likes this.
  15. Riou EQResource

Tell the guildie to equip the evolving ring, it has the consolidated focus atm
  16. AB_H'Sishi Augur

He / she has and is now aware it works for both. For now.
    Still not all ppl who lost their beloved detrimental focus on shoulders have the ring. Even if it's just a temporary loss it has an impact to them and I can understand their mood.
    Not sure if it's the same person, but in the Live Bug report thread someone is pretty mad at me too.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Boo hoo is all I can say.

Its a game. If this ruins someone's enjoyment, hit the road. Tired of whining from people.
  18. Karhar Dream Crusher

If they have collections done then they probably have champions done too, so tell em to suck it up buttercup @Ab_h'Sishi
  19. Allayna Augur

Take a lesson from Cicelee, that dude takes a lot of strife for the tank belt nerf and spins the angst in his favor, making jokes instead.
    Elyssanda and Nniki like this.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No.
    At this time there is no plan for such an effect.