Chosing server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CyrisUO98, Aug 13, 2019.

1. CyrisUO98 New Member

Hello, this is a new community to me. Extremely long time MMO player and I was always on the UO vs. EQ side of things as a teenager in the 1997-2000 days. Only ever made an alt on a friends acct, so very excited to play some EQ while waiting on Pantheon.

Looking for server, but I am more into retro gaming. (I play SWGEMU, UO: Ren (pre tram), Shadowbane ect)

Looking for advice on server selection. Does Agnarr has a thriving community? Since it appears to be content locked seems right up my alley (for a reason I am assuming? Best version of game?)

Any suggestions would be awesome, thanks!
  2. taliefer Augur

"best" is always subjective, but planes of power is probably the "most nostalgic" period of eq for the most amount of people.

if playing on a server that is forever locked into the planes of power/ldon era is appealing to you, go for agnarr. its really that simple.

otherwise id suggest Mangler. velious is still a couple weeks away, so you havent really missed much. gives you a chance to play through many really good expansions.

Coirnav just released Gates, and its where im spending most of my time at the moment, but i cant with a straight face suggest a new player start there. maybe if you can get yourself PLd to 65 quickly.

Selo is in omens i think? not really paid attention, its a super fast paced server, that spends only 1 month in each expansion. but it has absurdly fast exp, so getting caught up shouldnt be a problem. if you want a quick tour of the level 70 and beyond era of EQ, this is the server for you.

ragefire/lockjaw are the only TLPs where you "legallly" can multi box on one PC. i think lockjaw is in TSS and ragefire is essentially dead? if you like boxing and only have 1 pc, this is your only option outside of a live server.
  3. Bowdeen Elder

Lockjaw and Ragefire are both in TSS. Ragefire is certainly not dead, as we have 3 guilds who have completed TSS thus far, and another 4 or 5 that are working it.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I know mileage varies, but what is the opinion on Lockjaw v. Ragefire these days?
  5. Numiko Augur

One starts with a L and the other starts with a R .....
  6. Semah Augur

Ragefire seems pretty hopping to me.
    This morning I tried to get a camp but someone was hare so I couldn't just grabbit.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  7. Velerin Journeyman

If you’re new (or born again new) to EQ you’re gonna want Mangler. There’s still low level grouping about and most old school feel of the bunch. Probably try a class less gear dependent but really if you’re grouping won’t matter much. The low level groups all have heavy twinks and/or out of group high level buffs.